PDA

View Full Version : So who lives / goes to Hawaii?

Famor
08-15-2003, 09:32 PM
because I'm being stationed there for the next 3 years :|

I wanna know what is fun to do there besides the usual drinking, I'm sure someone knows something!

Lothbah
08-16-2003, 12:12 AM
Lived on Schofield for two years.... is this where you are? There is actually some fun stuff to do in the 'great 808 state'

Lothbah
08-16-2003, 12:43 AM
anyway if you are on Oahu say so....

Famor
08-16-2003, 03:20 AM
pretty sure I'll be on Honolulu

Buazag Bonesteel
08-16-2003, 08:27 AM
At least there's a good chance you'll get leid :D

Lothbah
08-16-2003, 09:21 AM
Honolulu is a city on Oahu, its not its own island~

Anyway there's a shitload of nice clubs in Honolulu. Mililani is a nice city as well... its purdy. Haleiwa is a cool surfer town up by the north shore. Jack Johnson is from there @@. Cholo's a good place to eat and hang out in Haleiwa and Matsumotos has the best shave ice around.

From Schofield you can hike the Kolekole pass. If you go the right way in about 8 hours you can get to the NSA observatory thing... You have to be careful though, because they shell one side of the mountain range daily.

Lots and lots of good beaches...

Waimea is awesome, especially in the fall before it becomes too dangerous to go in the water. There's a big 20' rock you'll see a lot of people jump off of, do that its fun. During the winter stay away from the north shore entirely unless you have a deathwish, and during the summer its boring.

Sandy Beach is down south and is a lot of fun during the Spring and Fall when the waves are medium height. During the winter its flat so dont go, but during the summer it kicks even more ass. Only problems are that the backwash is really strong and its easy to get pulled out and that there are occasionally shark attacks... dont think they are fatal though so its all good.

If you have a day or weekend to waste, take H3 through the mountains (pretty drive) to Bellows. Its a huge beach with small waves and, since 9-11, only military personel. It's one of the best looking beaches on the island. There's a nice paintball field down there on the base too.

Hanauma bay is a few miles from Sandy Beach and is full of tourists but its fun to snorkel there.

Lots of other stuff too but I cant remember... While you are in Hawaii you might as well take a shuttle flight to Kauai. Nice river kayaking there and the Napali coast catamaran tours are worth taking.

Buazag Bonesteel
08-16-2003, 10:44 AM
One of the cool things about playing EQ and being a part of the game community.....No matter where you might say you are going and want some info on.....someone reading these boards has probably been there. We are EVERYWHERE ;)

Famor
08-17-2003, 07:21 PM
yeah, this post really shows how much I know about Hawaii :D:D:D

but basically pretty much everyone (in mc) says most of the shit costs so much there I won't find much to do unless I save my money

Lothbah
08-17-2003, 09:25 PM
is expensive, just stay away from waikiki and anyplace you see japanese people with cameras... Anywhere the japanese tourists are going, you will have to pay out the ass. Since you are military I think, just go hang out at the Hale Koa all day... really nice pool and beach, doesnt cost a thing (except at the bar and food stand). Milk and groceries shit is going to break your wallet though :\

Fhenix
08-17-2003, 11:52 PM
avoid interstate driving while in hawaii? hehe

Lothbah
08-18-2003, 05:28 AM
@@ actually 3 interstate highways on oahu

Buazag Bonesteel
08-18-2003, 08:06 AM
Almost forgot the most important thing here in this thread. OMG HI FAMOR!!!!!!

We miss you man :p

Tarissa
08-18-2003, 08:37 AM
famor

i can hook you up with all of the GTMO information you need!

wait, you're not going to hell!

Talas
08-18-2003, 09:12 AM
Tarissa was told he was originally being stationed in Hawaii too...

now look where he is! At least you will have an ample supply of cigars, though!

Varran
08-18-2003, 11:55 AM
still bugs me that they call them interstate highways. What other state is that road gonna cross?

silly government