PDA

View Full Version : In memory of Jordan Etheridge

Hoeno
08-16-2003, 09:02 AM
For those of you that do not know me, I am Zlyan. (Hoeno) I played EQ about 2 years ago and I am real life best friends with Nalas and Lexoon. Last night at about 12:00 AM EST Jordan (nalas) and David (lexoon) were heading to a friends house when jordan lost control of the vehicle and flipped. Jordan lost his life and David is in the hospital. Please keep both of them in your hearts and in your prayers during this time.

Lola
08-16-2003, 09:06 AM
:(

Zappo
08-16-2003, 09:16 AM
i think its real, if not your some giant cock.
gunna call now and then so i know whats up

Lothbah
08-16-2003, 09:22 AM
going to call as well :( I hope this isnt real

Hoeno
08-16-2003, 10:08 AM
i've been swamped with phone calls and i've finally found out some more information. Ross (another eq player) was also in the car with them. he has bleeding in his brain. david has just awoke but the doctors still aren't letting family visit him until later tonight. i'm leaving for the hospital soon. It is Erlanger Medical Center in Chattanooga, TN. Davids parents are requesting no phone calls, again please keep them in your prayers.

Buazag Bonesteel
08-16-2003, 10:42 AM
I have unfortunately seen a few too many of these types of posts that turn out to be a hoax. I can't begin to describe the feeling of loathing I have for those people who would do such a thing and I certainly don't understand the reasons behind it.

I hope that this falls into that category and if so then it is yet another sick grab for attention that I don't understand.

If, however, it is real then my thoughts and best wishes go out to all those involved. I don't know Jordan or David well personally in real life......but they were always a pleasure to game with and I have many fond memories that include both of them....especially Lex as we shared various SK stories. My condolances to Jordan's family and wishes to David and Ross for a speedy recovery.

Zappo
08-16-2003, 11:35 AM
i talked to lexoon just the other night on aim.
to think if he would of raided he would be just fine right now.

EQRoxorz
08-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Wow... :( :( :(

Zeldapika
08-16-2003, 01:05 PM
:( god bless

Darkstar
08-16-2003, 02:05 PM
I do not know any of the people in the car accident but I hope they all get well :(

Lothbah
08-16-2003, 02:20 PM
:( I know David told me he is RL friends with the original poster (Hoezane?) and doubt this is fake now. Been good friends with Jordan and David for quite a while and this is really saddening :\ Hope David and Ross get well soon and will miss Jordan very very much :( :(

Dharrk
08-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Sucks to hear. I wish the best of luck to them and their families.

Mystia
08-16-2003, 07:12 PM
:(:(:(:(

I have no idea what to say. I feel such a sadness because if this is true, the world lost a very sweet, kind and funny young man. Thank you, Jordan, for your smiles and for being someone I called "frnd" for the past two and a half years.

I'm sure I can speak for our old friends Lulenius and Geeldar, along with myself.. when I say we will miss you always. :(

Sending my prayers out in hopes that David recovers soon and for the comfort of all the families involved :(.

Mystia~

PS: Really still hoping this isn't real.=(

Zarwin
08-16-2003, 07:37 PM
According to my records the last time Lex logged onto AIM was 8/14 around 10:00pm :(. I hope everything turns out ok for him.

Hoeno
08-16-2003, 08:10 PM
Just got home from the hospital, ross is in trauma icu. they believe his brain has quit bleeding, but he still has to tears and swelling. they say the next 72 hours decides everything. david is conscious but they sedated him because of the pain. he has what the doctor called "closed head trauma" meaning that as long as a knot doesn't swell anymore he'll be ok. Jordan's funeral will be Monday at 4 PM at Chatsworth United Methodist Church in Chatsworth, GA.

sendain
08-16-2003, 08:37 PM
Man i can't belive god bless them all

Tarissa
08-16-2003, 09:10 PM
holy fucking shit

Nesuril
08-16-2003, 11:04 PM
That was exactly my reply Tarissa. Been friends with Nalas and Lexoon both for years. I just saw Nalas online not too long ago and he had told me he was maybe gonna start playing more actively again.

Just goes to show you how precious life is.

When/if you are able, it would be great if we could have an address to send cards or condolences out to both of them and especially Jordan's family. Give my best to David and hoping he has a speedy and safe recovery.

Kritan
08-17-2003, 01:05 AM
God this is horrible. Jordan and I were killing people in the arena, then he said he was going out to a cafe with some friends. This was probably right after he left. I hope David recovers well. =\

Angelie
08-17-2003, 01:54 AM
aye..what nes said =( is it possible to get some form of address to send a card for my condolences and get well card for those still in the hospital =/ its really saddening to find out about this...and sending my regards is the best i could think off at the moment...

wyndeewinces
08-17-2003, 02:16 AM
=(

Myztlee
08-17-2003, 06:35 AM
Yuck.

Darsarin
08-17-2003, 08:38 AM
If it means anything Erlanger Medical center is a Level 1 trauma center and they have a great staff of doctors and nurses there.

They will be receiving great care at that hospital.

Nallick
08-17-2003, 08:59 AM
Oh shit. When someone said David was in a car wreck and he was ok I thought nothing more. I had no idea it was this serious. My thought and prayers are with them all.

Hoeno
08-17-2003, 09:15 AM
kritan was right, they had went to a new gaming cafe that just opened up in dalton. they were there until about 11:30 playing games.

on a seperate note david is going to be ok physically now. they have allowed him to take off all of his braces. he was in a wheelchari this morning and he was allowed to see ross in icu. however, ross's condition is still the same. keep them in your thoughts.

Lothbah
08-17-2003, 11:16 AM
try to smuggle david his phone for me please :(

Badj
08-17-2003, 11:24 AM
If memory serves, Ross played a bard named Rolwen way back when. My daughter Calaorny used to run with these three boys and they would get her into the worst of situations, but they had some great times. I can remember having Nalas scared shitless when I took him through WK and QH when he was level 30 (you know...those big badasses that are kos to wood elves and have a zone wide agro range :D ) , taking him to Qeynos to finish his Paw of Opalla quest. Good kids, fond memories.

Calaorny and I are greatly saddened by this event. Please give David our regards. Our thoughts and prayers are with David and Ross, that they recover quickly and completely.

Our condolences to Jordan's family, friends and guildmates.

Badjur
Prophet of Novus Invictus

Mystia
08-17-2003, 11:32 AM
=(( link to the newspaper notice (http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1866&dept_id=135450&newsid=10022291&PAG=461&rfi=9)

Thank you for telling us. Sorry to question and want some sort of proof, but more than anything, I was just praying so much it wasn't true. I wanted to send flowers, but will donate to the memorial instead after reading that.

We would really appreciate a place where we can send cards to Jordan's family and David sometime.

:( Thank you again, Hoeno.

depen
08-17-2003, 11:36 AM

Myztlee
08-17-2003, 12:49 PM
"Jordan Etheridge, 16"

That's just wrong.

Crimsonbanshee
08-17-2003, 01:28 PM
:( 16 is far to young

Auldian
08-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Tragic to see this happened :(
My prayers go out for the friends and family.

renshin
08-17-2003, 02:09 PM
My heartfelt prayers goes out to their families. I wish them a speedy recovery..........

Duke Renshin Himura

"One day we will all wake up and see we do have real lives.."

sendain
08-17-2003, 03:21 PM
I tell you this is Real :( i am going to try and call lexxon and send a card

Hoeno
08-17-2003, 08:09 PM
if you wish to send any cards, flowers, or anything what so ever. send it to the "Jordan Etheridge Memorial Fund" 1001 Green Road, Chatsworth, GA 30705.

just got home from the hospital again. david is alot better. i pushed him around the hospital in his wheelchair and we went up to see ross. ross is still in a coma, i was holding one of his hands and his mother was holding another and about 6 of his close friends were around him. were talking about eq and maybe going mountain biking next summer to which he squeezed mine and his mothers hands. hopefully that is a positive sign as a response. jordan's funeral will be tomorrow at 4 PM. it has been changed to holly creek baptist church becuase of the turnout of people today at the viewing. please keep them in your thoughts and prayers

Myztlee
08-17-2003, 08:35 PM
First of all, apologies to you Hoeno on behalf of those that initially thought this was a hoax, as something like this has happened before and turned out to be someone's idea of a joke.

That said, having been through something similar a year ago, I have to tell you how impressed I am that you're holding it together well enough to not only pass on this news, but continue with the updates. This is a terrible time for anyone, especially at a young age, and I commend you on strength.

My condolences.

Vanuiil
08-17-2003, 09:06 PM
i dont even know what to say..i cant believe this...he was a good friend of mine in game.. im speechless :( :( :( :(

Abrayer
08-17-2003, 10:40 PM
So Very sorry to hear this about anyone.

Nalas was a class act very nice guy nothing but nice things come to mind .

I wish his family well in this trying time.

Lexoon I am sorry for your tramatic experiance and loss of a dear friend your in my thoughts and prayers.
Get well soon .

Im sorry i do not know the third person but again i wish you a speedy recovery .
This is a tragic thing to happen to anyone.

Abrayer

nwinn
08-17-2003, 10:57 PM

GainDRO
08-18-2003, 12:22 AM
:( Just heard about this and I am saddened to hear of such a tragedy. My condolences go out to the family and friends of Nalas and may Lexoon and Ross have a speedy and quick recovery.

The loss of life of someone so young is more than any parent should ever have to bear.

Kas
08-18-2003, 01:55 AM
My heart and prayers go out to all their family and friends at this very sad time.

Riccee
08-18-2003, 02:01 AM
I didnt know either of these people , But anytime you hear about something like this happening, it Breaks your heart.. Me and Lilcix where reviewing the boards for old times sake when we came accross this and it just kind of humbled the both of us...Life can be so cruel..

The People Involved in this horrible event and their families and friends will be in my prayers..

..We should all be happy in Knowing that those that have passed are now in a much better place..

~Peace~

The Rice Man
retired

Gpally
08-18-2003, 02:08 AM
Lilcix just told me what happened . me and nalas were good buds in the game . to think the other day we were messing around in the arena =( Jordan will be missed . so sad that he was so young =( i'll keep my prayers for all of them =(

Gpally
08-18-2003, 02:13 AM
Just found out i talked to him right before he left to go to the cafe =( just so sad

Vinilaa
08-18-2003, 05:54 AM

Sleepie
08-18-2003, 06:59 AM
Its always sad when we lose someone, especially so young :(

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends :(

Buazag Bonesteel
08-18-2003, 08:01 AM
I have to admit that if this had been a hoax then I would have found it in poor taste and been mad at the person starting it. I found myself thinking along those lines because of a recent issue involving another old friend of mine from EQ who turned out to be fine.

Despite that I obviously wish that it had been someone's idea of a joke.

I only knew Nalas in passing but Lex and I have been friends of a sort for quite some time. News like this makes you take a step back and think about mortality and the eventualities connected with life. All of us are here for only a short time in the long run.....but when someone is taken from us in this manner and at such a young age it gives us pause and really makes you stop to consider what is truly meaningful in life. Never assume that you will have tomorrow to do the things you want or to right the wrongs you might want to. There may not be a tomorrow so always do your best to make today the very best that it can be. Take seriously the thiongs that should be taken seriously....family and friends. And never let the small stuff really get to you....EQ is a good example heh. It is something like this that really lets me put into perspective something like EQ and all the time I have put into it. The people I have met are one of those things that make it special and important. The rest of it is just a game. I play the game for amusement. It is a side effect of my desire to keep up with the relationships I have formed and friends i have made.

Looking at this thread and seeing the outpouring of well wishers for Jordan, David, and Ross from so many people, some of whom don't even play anymore is somewhat amazing and heartwarming. I don't mean to ramble here....but this whole sad event has made me think and has done it's part in helping me put certain things into perspective. I disn't REALLY know any of the guys involved in that accident. The only one that I had a somewhat close relationship with in game was David. He and I played the same class and had a friendly competition going through a lot of our time leveling up over the years. The fact that we eventually wound up in the same guild was nice and it didn't stop our friendly rivalry....but it did mean we spent a lot more time together with the same goals in mind. He wound up being one of the few people with access to buaz that I didn't know in real life. I got to play Lex on a few occasions as well. I remember a time when he had to log in Ntov and I 2 boxed Buaz and Lex for the rest of the night. For a little while I was ungrouped and it was just the 2 of us. I wound up with a stupid little story that I couldn't wait to tell him. Just the 2 of us KSed the whole rest of the guild not once but twice heh. I still don't know how that happened but it was something funny and impressive to share with my fellow SK.

Again....I apologize for thinking this might be a joke. I was merely reacting to the fact that it has happened before and also I was very much hoping that it wasn't true. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Jordan and my wishes for a full and speedy recovery to David and Ross.

Hoeno
08-18-2003, 10:20 AM
thank you everyone for your prayers and condolences. i told david that everyone wishes him a speedy recovery and he even said that he had received a few phone calls from some of you. ross is still the same, doctors are not positive of his outcome yet. he is slightly responding to people though.

to whomever said that what i am doing takes alot of heart, they are right. this is the hardest time i've ever had in my life. i'm only 16 years old and i've lost my best friend since 2nd grade. i would've been in the car with them, but i race go karts and i had a national race in south carolina. jordan's girlfriends mom called me at 4:35am and told me that jordan was gone and that my two other best friends were both in icu. this just doesn't seem fair to me that the one weekend that i'm not with my friends, something like this happens. jordan was so young and so perfect and i miss him so much. everytime time i hear his name, see his name, hear an ambulance, its like it all triggers an emotional downfall. but when i see david and ross i try my hardest to keep my composure. and knowing the fact tat when ross wakes up he won't even know about jordan. its to much to bare, i'm mostly rambling on and saying this on here so i can tell people these feelings but not have to actually face them where they can see my emotions. keep jordan thomas etheridge, david, and ross in your prayers still.

Hoeno
08-18-2003, 10:34 AM
Newspaper article about the wreck (http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1866&dept_id=135446&newsid=10025568&PAG=461&rfi=9)

sorry to ninja post

Qaediin
08-18-2003, 11:28 AM
Sorry to hear about Jordan(Nalas). I had known Nalas for about 2 years and was always a good guy. My family sends their condolences to the Etheridge family/friends on this tragic loss of their son/friend.

Tell lexoon(david) he is in my familys thoughts and prayers during this very hard time. Ross is also in my familys thoughts and prayers.

Myztlee
08-18-2003, 02:17 PM
I agree with Buaz, every time I hear of someone that I know that has died, or even certain ones where I don't know a person, it reminds me of the whole "seize the day" type of thing, make the best of every moment.

Nobody should feel embarassed to want to be like that, thinking it's some corny thing from a movie, nor feel bad about showing emotion to tragedy, too many people keep grief and other destructive emotions bottled up. Just let loose and cry your eyes out once in a while, it helps.

tweedius
08-19-2003, 10:20 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this guys, a player in my guild knew them as well IRL. I too have lost a Real Life friend this summer to an automobile accident, and I still haven't accepted it yet, he was just too young.

So sorry guys =(

-Tweed

Lexoon
08-19-2003, 11:12 AM
I have been hesistant to post, as I just got home last night after Jordan's funeral services and such. It's a horrible, wretched, gnawing feeling that I can't, and probably never will be rid of.

He was like my little brother, everyone that was in our circle of friends in real life looked at him like that, especially me. It's a hard pill to swallow, and it's 10 fold worse than you ever expect it to be.

Ross' eyes are responsive to light, and he is able to move all of his limbs, even if subconsciously. Doctors expect him to wake within the next week-2weeks.

It's odd, I remember nothing of the wreck, just the swerving of the car before impact, not what music was playing, or where we were - nothing. It sucks, hard.

Everyone from my guild and EQ, you've been more therapeutic than anyone or anything as of yet, I really appreciate your words and sympathies. I'm truly lucky to be a part of such a great community, and I thank you very, very much.

Vinilaa
08-19-2003, 12:33 PM
Aw Lex! :(

Hug hug

Good to see you are home from the hospital.

Buazag Bonesteel
08-19-2003, 01:10 PM
Glad to see you're recuperating Lex. I don't really know what to say about what you've been through other than we are all very sorry to hear of your loss.

Maegwin
08-19-2003, 01:21 PM
About bad car wrecks: I was in a terrible car accident when I was only 15.

I was sitting in the middle of the back seat of a Eddie Bauer Ford Bronco w/out my seatbelt on when the driver supposedly blacked out( fell asleep, wasn't paying attention ) or whatever and slammed us into the back of a stopped school bus at 50 MPH.

I remember nothing from 15 minutes prior up until the time of the accident. I don't remember seeing the school bus, I don't remember hitting it...I don't remember doing what my sister told me I did while I was still in the bronco after we hit the bus.

It's a funny thing, memory, sometimes it's better not to remember some things...and our brains protect us from things that are to painful to remember. I have to sit back though, and count my blessings that I survived that accident however...it was really nasty and I was in the hospital drugged up real good for 3 days.

At any rate, since my accident and a few that my friends have been in, I fully appreciate the danger that automobiles present. And I appreciated the new chance at life I had been given by whoever it is up there that was looking out for me.

Lexoon, I'm glad that you are ok...my heartfelt condolences go out to you, your family, your friends and their families in this time of hardship and sadness.

Eomer
08-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Glad to hear you are cool Sexoon, hope you and your friend's recovery goes quickly, and that you and everyone else involved are able to come to terms with what happened.

It's really a shame how many young people die in car accidents. I personally know at least half a dozen people that have been killed in accidents. Thankfully none have been really close to me, just friends of friends type thing. I can't imagine losing one of my best friends : (

Lothbah
08-19-2003, 08:03 PM
I think you should consider sueing Ford... 2 out of 3 seatbelts breaking and 2 out of 2 airbags not deploying seems kind of I dunno, unsafe? :\

Anyway it was really nice talking with you and Im glad you are doing ok, plus Ross' situation is looking good :)

much love~

*edit- spelling*

Geranon Morrowind
08-19-2003, 09:38 PM
I really wish I had something to say, but I really don't. I knew lex very well, and he was someone I would consider a good friend in EQ. I will keep the families in my prayers.

Amadis
08-20-2003, 07:15 AM
Lex,

Hope you get better soon man :|

Bram
08-20-2003, 09:45 AM
Geranon--

You still know Lex very well, thankfully.

Vinilaa
08-20-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Bram
Geranon--

You still know Lex very well, thankfully.

I was thinking that too when I read Ger's post... :eek:

Hi non-reader :p

shadowlancer
08-21-2003, 03:46 AM
Hi Lex glad to see ya post up bro. Im sad to say ive gone through a similar situation a couple times in my life. I jus wish you the best and a speedy recovery. You are all in my prayers.

Talas
08-21-2003, 07:11 PM
Truly sorry to hear this. Glad to see that two of you are recovering, but truly sad to hear of Jordan.

Old friend of mine lost his younger brother to a car accident late last week up in South Dakota. Really depressing when all of this strikes close to home, and also very depressing to know that it happens hundreds of times every week to those we don't know as well.

Glad we could be here to be of some comfort, Lexoon. :)

Kebansis
08-21-2003, 10:52 PM
This is so terrible... really goes to show how short life can be.

I "grew up" with Nalas sorta.. we used to talk a lot and were in the same guild for a while. When I first heard this news, I had talked to both Nalas and Lexoon a few days before this. I will sure miss him, even if I didn't know him in rl..

Good luck to David and Ross on a speedy recovery, and my thoughts go out to the families and friends of Jordan.

________
trichomes pictures (http://trichomes.org)

Grabbit
08-22-2003, 04:07 AM
Lex :( :( :( :(

I don't even know where to begin, or what to say, so I won't pretend to. You know where I am if you need someone to talk to. I lost a little brother in much the same way you lost a friend, so I at least have an idea of what you are going through, but everyones experience and reactions are completely different.

I'm glad to hear you are going to be ok. My most heartfelt sympathies go out to your families.

Best wishes,

Zerixia
08-23-2003, 07:08 AM
Glad your ok Lexoon, I'm sorry to see Nalas Pass away he was really a funny guy when I grouped with him and nice :( My condolences to the Friends and Family on this Terrible Loss, We never truly understand how precious life is, till a loved one loses it.