PDA

View Full Version : Stone Sour

Elidroth
08-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Corey Taylor's (Slipknot frontman) other band.

That's where the connection end as well.

Discuss.

I'm kinda liking it so far.

Lothbah
08-24-2003, 02:21 PM
hated that single they put on the radio so much I havent checked out any more of it.

Andriana Duskrose
08-24-2003, 05:02 PM
It's not bad, from what I've heard of it, the one single, "Bother", is very deceptive, the rest of the album is nothing like it.

Kaxmax
08-25-2003, 06:24 AM
It's not a bad CD, and as mentioned before, it sounds NOTHING like Bother (the radio single).

If you like the Slipknot song Wait and Bleed, you'll probably like the CD. Corey Taylor does sing fairly well, and he does it quite a bit on this CD while still keeping it fairly hard.

Download "Orchids" if you want something to sample, it's my favorite song on the CD.

Eomer
08-28-2003, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I agree with the Wait and Bleed comment. I originally bought Slipknot expecting more of their music to sound like that, IE no constant screaming and fucked up sounds. I have grown to like them a fair amount, but I way prefer Stone Sour's CD to either of the Slipknot ones. Fave song on the CD is uh, the really really heavy one called Tumult or something. Reminds me a bit of Rammstein (which I don't really like actually), with the one very repetitive and very loud riff.