PDA

View Full Version : A Perfect Circle

Eomer
08-30-2003, 09:55 AM
They played last night in Edmonton. The opening band was some unknown local one that I had not heard of before. So basically I paid my 50 bucks to see A Perfect Circle. It was an awesome show, Maynard singing awesome, all that. After about 50 minutes he said something about seeing us later etc, and after exactly an hour, they left the stage. I was sitting there thinking they would be back for an encore in a second or two, the crowd had been pretty good and loud, you couldn't ask for the crowd to be much better really. Within 15 seconds of them leaving the stage, the house lights came on and it was time to go.

I am seriously choked by that. Maybe I am just spoiled with the bands I go see live, but I am NOT used to the main act playing for much less than two hours, let alone barely an hour. Even Tool played for nearly two hours when they were here last winter.

Dunno what else to say really. I really liked A Perfect Circle prior to the show, and I was impressed how awesome they sounded live (it was in a concert hall, good acoustics). But this one hour show bullshit has me seriously pissed.

Andriana Duskrose
08-30-2003, 11:08 AM
Should've come out to the Kings Knight Pub man! The band playing there kicked ass, and they played for two and half hours!

They're playing there again tonight too! With 50 cent draft!

And no, 50 cent draft, the beer, not the Canadian rap super star.

Citidal
08-30-2003, 05:10 PM
That's cool, Eomer. I didn't know A Perfect Circle was still together (I thought a few members left the band to form Zwan with Billy Corgan). Are they on tour through N. America?

Zarxen
08-30-2003, 05:49 PM
Andri when are you coming to BC? :)

Andriana Duskrose
08-31-2003, 03:46 AM
When we are rich and famous with some silly record label paying for our tours, or some place in BC offers us enough money that we can't refuse.

We are playing in Banff next weekend though...

Zarxen
08-31-2003, 07:31 AM
Well when you come here let me know, we can hang and have a few drinks. I'll buy.

Provided I am working ofcourse :D

Eomer
08-31-2003, 10:18 AM
Yeah Citi, I think it's basically all a new band cept for Billy Howerdel and Maynard. James Iha was playing with them, but because the way the stage was set up, you couldn't see him anyway. The bassist is new, and I am pretty sure it's not the same drummer, but it might be. The local paper did an interview, and at the end it sounded like for the next CD Billy Howerdel might get a new singer instead of Maynard.

Dharrk
08-31-2003, 12:00 PM
They played with Finger Eleven in Jersey earlier this summer.

Exitilus
09-02-2003, 09:48 AM
The bassist is that twiggy guy who used to play for marilyn manson, haha. They're playing here in london eventually, but after hearing about the wonderous set-length, I don't think I'll pick that ticket up from my friend ... I only kinda like APC anyhow.

-Exit

Elidroth
09-09-2003, 01:42 AM
A lot of bands pull this shit lately it seems. Considering the ticket prices these days, it's nothing more than a slap in the face. SOME bands still get it right and deliver though..

Dream Theater - 2 hours 14 minutes w/10 minute intermission
Metallica - 2 hours 41 minutes (non-stop). The CD sucks, but they still deliver live.
Iron Maiden - 2 hours 21 minutes last time I saw them (Brave New World Tour)
Judas Priest - 2 hours 16 minutes (Jugulator Tour w/Ripper Owens)
Carlos Santana - 3 hours 15 minutes w/15 minute break. AWESOME show live.

I pay my $50 or whatever.. you better damn well give me a show that's worth it.

Lexoon
11-09-2003, 03:25 PM
mmm, heading to nashville next saturday to check out APC and Dredge~
if it's a 1 hour set i will be pissed =o

Kebansis
11-15-2003, 02:35 PM
I went to the APC show on November 8th, the band "The Ikarus Line" opened up for them. They were okay but I was really there to see APC. They played for a good hour and a half, wonder why your show was so short :confused:
________
RC71 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_RC71)

Lexoon
11-16-2003, 12:02 PM
Well, APC didn't disappoint in the least. They played for a good hour and forty-five minutes, and put on a great show. We showed up at the arena at like 2pm (show started at 8), and they let us help set up and meet everyone - was very cool.

The band Keb named ended up opening for them, and they weren't quite my cup of tea, but sounded alright. After APC's set was finished, some members of The Icarus Line came back out and they played some Metallica and Zeppelin with APC (so Maynard could leave I suppose), was bitchin'.

KivarDel`Arbre
04-29-2004, 10:39 AM
I was not at all dissapointed by APC when I saw then in Toronto. They definatly put on an amazing performace. When I saw TOOL in Barrie however, I was rather dissapointed, maybe it was due to the fact that I had gone 6 hours through the blistering heat without a drink, or the fact that I lost my wallet; but as Eomer mentioned, it was a 60 minuite set, without a major climax.