PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in Guk

Eliyahu
09-24-2001, 11:27 AM
We were bloody, beaten and battle weary. For the last few days Ekan Jadetiger and I had destroyed one minotaur after another. We took no prisoners and gave no quarter to our foes. Ekan's fists tore through minotaur and frog alike in our search for that foul monk Raster. I rooted a minotaur elder, thinking we could force him to give us information in our search but all he did was rant and rave about our vile presence in his kingdom. Ekan kicked him in the groin to cease his ranting but he began to mutter words of healing. My words, however, came out quickly and harshly stunning him to silence. Ekan ducked behind the elder and planted a fist at the base of his skull. This ended his mutterings forever. All our sources led us to this area in the ancient froglock kingdom of Guk, but we could not catch a trace of that elusive Raster. Thinking to force his hand, and being frustrated to the limits of our sanity, Ekan and I set out to destroy every vile frog in the realm. We went first to the evil eye. That cocky bastard was sitting perched upon his ledge in feigned indifference when we rushed him. Well, we beat him into a pulp so many times that all of our friend's carry a bag made of his skin. Next we heard a minotaur patriarch loudly boasting and proclaiming his power to any frog that walked by. Well, we shut him up and tore the pretty blue sleeves off his rotting corpse. Ekan still wears these sleeves to this day as a memory of destroying that braggert.

That punk Raster was still in hiding after all of our destruction. He feared to face our reckoning. Thus, we turned to the last stronghold in Guk that we had not defeated - The Froglock King. Although Ekan fought valiantly and I healed til my mana pool was exhausted, we could not take that throne room. Thus, we sent a message to a brave, highly skilled friend of ours - Austryker Jade. We had grown up adventuring with Austryker and knew the skill with which he wielded his magiks of illusion. Together with him, we destroyed this last stronghold of the live frogs in Guk.

Then, in unison, we heard a great cry rise up from frog and mino alike. "Raster is here!", they cried. "Come take him - we want you out of our realm now so take him and GO!" It seemed the inhabitants of Guk wanted nothing more to do with this ill-fated monk. So, Ekan and I said farewell and thanks to Austryker and rushed back down to the elder's chambers. The rooms were empty save the presence of one man - Raster of Guk. To finally catch sight of this elusive man quite took our breath away and if one looked close we could even be seen to be shaking with the thrill of it. The fight was over in seconds and his idol was confiscated. Ekan and I left Guk, tired yet proud, for our mission had been accomplished.

As an interesting side note to our adventures here, our standing with the froglocks is so horrible that we often are attacked by posses of frogs as far away as Freeport and Qeynos. In fact, if you look in the King's chambers there is a picture of Ekan killing a mino with me meditating behind him carved into the wall.

In the halls of Guk there can still be heard the echoes of our war cry: DEATH TO ALL FROGS!!