PDA

View Full Version : Recomend: Audio converter thingy

Myztlee
09-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Looking for a preferrably free audio converter, for turning cd tracks into MP3s and viceversa. I'd like to be able to make mp3s of some of my cds to play on my pc, but would also like to burn them as custom cds, and my non-pc-cd player isn't mp3 enabled, so they'd have to be regular cd audio tracks again.

I used to have Cool Edit Pro until Adobe bought them out and because I hadn't installed it on my new pc, they won't honour my old registration without some effort on my part, and it's now $400 to buy it, so screw that.

Any suggestions for freeware/shareware/cheapo stuff, or some form of unlocking high end software, not that I'm suggestiong anything illegal, of course...

Tarissa
09-07-2003, 10:12 AM
nero burning rom has both wma and mp3 converters to burn mp3s and wma's directly to CD

look on kazaa for a way to crack it. i mean, if you were a mean nasty software pirate!!!

Myztlee
09-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Well far out, I already have Nero, legally purchased at that, didn't know it had the conversion, that's a start. Now I just need a way to convert cd tracks to mp3, tucows must have something like that, unless anyone has a suggestion.

Auldian
09-07-2003, 10:29 AM
I use Musicmatch Jukebox (http://www.musicmatch.com/home.htm). It does the MP3Pro, etc.

Myztlee
09-07-2003, 10:41 AM
Neato, Windows Media Player will rip cd tracks and save as WMA, so looks like I'm all set, thanks for your time.

Eomer
09-07-2003, 12:08 PM
For a nice, simple, easy to use CD-Ripper and file converter I like to use a program called CDex.

http://www.cdex.n3.net/

For burning actual CD's I use Nero.

nwinn
09-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Tarissa
nero burning rom has both wma and mp3 converters to burn mp3s and wma's directly to CD

look on kazaa for a way to crack it. i mean, if you were a mean nasty software pirate!!!

or, www.astalavista.box.sk

Fenudwin
09-07-2003, 04:36 PM
Make sure you have a pop up ad killer running if you use astalavista. Fen

Tarissa
09-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Myztlee
Neato, Windows Media Player will rip cd tracks and save as WMA, so looks like I'm all set, thanks for your time.

As soon as I discovered Media Player 9's one-click media library conversion, I knew I had found a great way to rip CDs.

Oh, and in Media Player 9, you can make a mix or select a cd, then choose burn to CD and select NERO's media player plug in. Then bam, you made a mix or a CD. It's very nice.

tari

Buazag Bonesteel
09-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Took Tari all of 10 minutes to convert me to using Media player for everything. Finally kicked winamp to the curb.

Eomer
09-08-2003, 06:27 AM
For listening to mp3's etc I use WMP9, it really is pretty decent. The music library stuff is really friggin handy, as well as the advanced tag editor thingy. Just do NOT let it automatically update your tags, otherwise it will fill them to the brim with useless crap.