PDA

View Full Version : Nickelback - The Long Road

Elidroth
09-09-2003, 01:34 AM
OK.. Right away, ignore the 1st single released for this CD, because this new disc just rips your head off from the 1st track. Someday is a catchy tune for sure, but thankfully, Nickelback has shown some spine here and not gone the easy way out by writing all 'radio friendly' stuff.

This CD caught me completely off guard to be honest. It's heavy, aggressive, and really quite impressive. Sure, there are the sickly sweet tracks too, but thankfully only 2.

Ranks in my top 5 surprises of the year. Right up there with Chevelle's Wonder What's Next.

nwinn
09-09-2003, 02:30 AM
mmm, nickelback gud!

Eomer
09-09-2003, 06:55 AM
I don't have a problem with Nickelback really. In fact, I have liked them for a good 4-5 years now, as they are a semi-local band (from a small town a few hours from here, although they based themselves out of Vancouver) and the local radio station The Bear was really supportive and played their stuff often. The State is a good CD, as is the one previous to that (can't remember the name offhand).

I just am getting really tired of NickelRock, there are so many bands out there that sound so similar, it's getting kind of ridiculous. It's not Nickelback's fault, but damn is it getting old fast.