PDA

View Full Version : I want

Varran
10-10-2003, 09:21 AM
http://www.skullcandy.com/product.php?products_id=6

/drool

Kaxmax
10-10-2003, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't waste your money, you'll end up getting cheaply made phones with bloated bass and severely recessed highs/mids.

For around fifty bucks you can get a pair of Sony MDR-V6's or Sennheiser PX200s which will have comparable bass and much better sound. Both are sealed phones, so you will also get some outside noise cancellation. I use the V6's (also known as MDR-7506's) as gaming headphones, and they are fantastic. Excellent bass, good sound cues for FPS's, very comfortable, and they fold up to save space.

My personal dream headphones:

Sony CD3k's (http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=BuusFBeFYmmsDCgD8-amH1iKupIM9DEL8GA=?CategoryName=pa_Headphones_CDSe riesStudioMonitor&ProductSKU=MDRCD3000&Dept=pa) or 650s (http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_eng.nsf/root/products_headphones_homeuse_hifisystems_09969)

With a good headphone amp, either of these put out sound that has to be heard to be believed.

Varran
10-10-2003, 11:16 AM
hehe... I actually have better headphones. I just want these for something fun :D

I dj for a living... would be suprised what kind of gear you require for the day to day aspects.

Kaxmax
10-10-2003, 12:03 PM
You gotta have a setup that will blow these out of the water then, even in the bass department.

Out of curiosity, what do you run typically? I'm kind of a headphone fanatic, I don't think there's anything that compares to a quality pair of headphones with a good amp/source.

I'm running Grado SR225s at home, with a Creek OBH-11 amp. They are fantastic for rock music, but I'd like to eventually get something a bit more Neutral. I may try to pick up a used pair of Senn. 600's once the 650's hit the street. For portable use I use Shure E2C's out of my I-pod, or V6's if I'm looking for more bass. The E2C's are great for noisy places though, due to the isolation factor.

Varran
10-16-2003, 02:21 PM
Home Setup:

Allen&Heath XONE v6 mixer
Stanton VRM10 mixer
Technics SL 1210mk5 x4
Technics Sl-dz1200 Cd turntable x2
Denon DN M2300R twin record MD control(minidisc)
Martin audio S218 sub-bass monitor
ProMedia 3Way Active X-Over.
BSS Soundweb 9088LL digital signal processor.
Martin Black Line F-15 speakers (monitors) x4
FX Rack - Yamaha SPX-990, Rane VP12, Rane DC24
Sennheiser HD25 cans
laptop runs Soundforge to record sets that aren't for production (and everquest when I am on the road)

Use 2 separate mixers depending on the situation, although the stanton is the primary... just swap for the xone when I need more channels (doing demo's onto the minidisc etc)

the DZ1200's are new as well... and the current showcase of the setup. A few of the above items are due for upgrade however as sound isnt quite right anymore in the studio

Exitilus
11-26-2003, 09:25 AM
Etymotic 4Ps ...

Had ATH-W100s, but got tired of having to be careful with them, and sold em'.

I'm not so much into the audiophile thing anymore - it's a little silly - and I have better sound-related things to waste all my money one =\ (recording equipment, and guitars - hah - my brother and I have a little studio setup - what what 10 shure 57s, ha)

-Ex