View Full Version : Ut > Ou

Talas
10-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Predictions??

27-20 UT!! :)

Gheltire
10-10-2003, 04:47 PM
which half?:)

TX can't stop the run up the gut, and everyone loves a qb who passed 5 times last week in the 2nd half...if I were Roy Williams and stayed at UT to get a Heisman I'd be a mad wide receiver about now:)

I don't see it being a low scoring game, but I do think UT has more weapons (as long as they can keep the turnovers down) Highscoring game goes to TX...low to OU.

Riccee
10-10-2003, 05:30 PM
me, gheltire, forty(?) are all from texas.. anyone else?

Ransac
10-10-2003, 07:01 PM
<-- texas

Gheltire
10-11-2003, 09:33 AM
veruca/gunter/talas/ktul/korus off the top of my head:)

Auldian
10-11-2003, 12:29 PM
My money's on the Sooners

BurnemWizfyre
10-11-2003, 01:43 PM
<---texas

Bram
10-11-2003, 04:00 PM
That's a pretty amazing team you Texans have there :rolleyes:

Talas
10-11-2003, 04:59 PM
LOL, Bram. I gues my prediction was "little" off... :(

Burnem, Forty, Gheltire, Kattoo, Korus, Ktul, Renshin, Rika, Talas, Thanapur, and Veruca.

Forty is the biggest UT fan, we'll have to get his take on why OU beat the trash out of the team so bad...

Andriana Duskrose
10-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Gods help Hoss, it's full of Texans...

Gheltire
10-11-2003, 08:23 PM
I think it was because we scored less points

so many less points that if we don't beat A&M Mack Brown will be lookin for a job....I'm glad I'm not in Austin anymore, the sports radio shows are gonna be murder...lose to ok 4 years in a row and add in ark?

You ever see Chicago? Where Gere is tapdancing his cross examination?

Think Mack Brown:P No matter how much he's done to get TX on the map again, it won't be enough if he can't win ANY big game.

Forty
10-12-2003, 10:18 PM
Six turnovers against a team like OU and you'll lose huge. Look what Washington State did to Oregon. Oregon isn't that bad. Either is Texas. Take the turnovers out and I think the score would have been a more respectable 35-24 OU. OU has the better team period. But the better team doesn't always win the game.

Even if the score had been respectable, there are still so many glaring problems on both sides of the ball from a coaching stand point) that I'll expect Mack Brown to do some major house cleaning at the end of the seaon. I'm talking Nebraska-type house cleaning. If he doesn't, I don't expect Mack Brown to last two more years. He has no choice if he expects to win some of the big games.

The offense is so predictable fans are calling plays in the stands just by looking at the alignment. When that happens you know a good staff with good players will tear through us. Look for Greg Davis (OC) to be the first to go. We have a sub-par OL with a running back that doesn't hit holes hard at all. On top of that he's not fast enough to make it to the outside at all. So with a sub-par OL and no running game our best passing QB gets pounded. For some unknown reason they insist on making Chance Mock a drop back passer and his not. The second-string QB is a great runner but has no clue when it comes to passing the ball. The coaching staff has to work with this kid to get him to first, find the open receivers and second, actually throw the ball to them. I can't tell you how many time between KSU and OU I saw wide open receivers and he'd run it anyway. This is especially true when he scrambles. Once he starts the DB's of both KSU and OU would drop coverage and move up to support the run leaving Sloan Thomas and Roy Williams wideopen. But Young either never looks thier way or throws it to them.

Carl Reese (DC) isn't too far behind. The defense was completely out of this game. Linebackers were out of position most of the day. The linebackers have got to provide support (and recognize) for possible inside slants. Our linebackers played so close to the line of scrimmage, without blitzing, they completely left the inside lanes wide open and basically too themselves out of a lot plays. Even with the turnovers, no way OU should have scored on virtually every series. The DB's, ugh, "Hello, we play tackle football not two-below."

I dont mind losing 14-3 or 38-28 and the games we good hard solid games. I do mind getting drilled by 50+ and seeing not only the players but the coaches basically giving up. Which is what I saw on Saturday.

Gheltire
10-13-2003, 07:26 AM
reminded me a lot of the 66-3 UCLA/TX game I went to which heralded the end of Mackovich...and that was a good team too. If there is any consistent knock I can now see with Brown it is the fact that he loves to have 2 QB's. He was successful at UNC with 2, successful with simms/applewhite, and he thinks he has this yin/yang thing of dropback vs scramble qb...one small prob...they're both 1st year starters essentially.

Benson's never been the same since his injury so the run isn't there unless it's New Mexico State. We have one of the top ten receivers in the nation and we have no identity as an offensive team thanks to poor QB play. Not that the defense can be excused for shutting down, but I think they're just tired of 3 and out's, fumbles, ints, and muffed punts. The best way to beat a good offense is to keep your offense on the field. The best way to beat a good defense is to keep your offense on the field. Tire them out. Gut them, slash them, and then when they start overpursuing to make a play happen, burn them deep or counter. That's all you have to do to beat TX atm.

Andriana Duskrose
10-13-2003, 07:29 AM
The Germans already beat Sweden in the female World Cup, you guys can stop discussing it now.

Gheltire
10-13-2003, 10:29 AM
I stopped watching the women's team when I heard that they couldn't take off their shirts anymore in celebration. I figured it was the least I could do to voice protest over this inequality:P

Seriously, I started liking World Cup my first year or so in Austin working on campus with cable TV...all throughout the day, subscribers of different nationalities would come in asking for a score, so we were always watching the games, even attracting crowds. We like our American football but don't quite have the handle on nationalisitic sports yet:) Although the Dodgers fan killing the Giants fan may be a right (wrong?) step in that direction.

Lexoon
10-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Andri, it was merely a battle of who had more armpit hair =\ not a real football match! I was holding out for Sweeden, but Germany came through with unmatched hairiness =(