PDA

View Full Version : Attachments Poll!

Andaas
10-16-2003, 01:01 AM
Do you prefer the new thumbnails of attached images, or the previous method of displaying the full image inline (ie, the full size picture appears within the thread).

Vote please. :)

Zarwin
10-16-2003, 12:29 PM
thumbnails can't win! they are an extra click :(

Is it possible to make it a user setting and make everyone happy?

gukaistar
10-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Did you say "everyone happy"? I want some of those drugs!

Oh and um.. YAY thumbnails!

Vinen
10-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Did you say "everyone happy"? I want some of those drugs!

Oh and um.. YAY thumbnails!

Thumbnails because page loads are faster.

Fenudwin
10-16-2003, 10:05 PM
How about full size on 1st viewing and then thumbnail when seeing post after that (such as reading replies etc.)? Fen

Kattoo Tacit
10-16-2003, 10:26 PM
I like going on a page, and seeing what I need to see, and getting the hell out. Thumbnails slow me down. I can see it blowing goats on dial-up, but it is almost 2004 guys. You can get 2way satilite internet $59 - $99/month + install & Equipment fees. So no matter where you are you can upgrade from dialup! Wash those page load times away. Just say no to thumbnails!

This has been a paid advertisment from http://www.direcway.bz/pages/11/index.htm.

Torrid
10-17-2003, 03:35 AM
2000 pings may not appeal to gamers though, Kat

nwinn
10-17-2003, 04:17 AM
This has been a paid advertisment from http://www.direcway.bz/pages/11/index.htm.

My parents use a 2-way satellite through Direcway... it sucks ass like you wouldn't believe. Most days they can't even get connected to send/receive e-mail, it's the worst setup EVER! Now they've got all this time and money invested in the stupid service that they don't want to turn back to dial-up... Anyway, DO NOT do business with Direcway. :|

gukaistar
10-17-2003, 07:37 AM
My parents use a 2-way satellite through Direcway... it sucks ass like you wouldn't believe. Most days they can't even get connected to send/receive e-mail, it's the worst setup EVER! Now they've got all this time and money invested in the stupid service that they don't want to turn back to dial-up... Anyway, DO NOT do business with Direcway. :|

Derasi is so smart! I have made a note to agree with her on everything from this day forward.

oh and um.. YAY thumbnails

Kattoo Tacit
10-17-2003, 07:56 AM
Never used it =| Just don't want thumbnails. May just retire from reading most threads so annoy =\ :( Almost as bad as making all eq character models circles squares triangles and plus signs, just click on it to see the real model.

Andaas
10-17-2003, 12:38 PM
I'm torn on this topic actually.

I like the thumbnails as it makes threads load much faster, but I also like the convenience of being able to just view all the pictures in the thread, hehe.

Will probably go back to in-line, as that setting is the only one that gives the individual user the ability to either view or not view images.

Hopefully in a future version of the software people will be able to choose either in-line or thumbnail view individually. :)

Kattoo Tacit
10-17-2003, 05:37 PM
Is VBulletin Open source like YaBB type boards? Edited the shit out of YaBB for things like that, but if I remember correctly the Vbulletins were not open source... May be wrong though.

Andaas
10-17-2003, 05:57 PM
It didn't need to be open source to change the thumbnail/in-line issue, that was an option setting that I set (and have since removed).

The amount of hacking required to alter thumbnails to be a user selectible option however is more than I am willing to invest while this version is still in beta. So we'll wait for the release version to come out and I'm sure someone else will write the hack and make it publicly available anyway. :p