PDA

View Full Version : Static X - Shadow Zone

Elidroth
10-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Static X wasted no time at all in getting back into the studio with their new drummer to record their 3rd cd Shadow Zone. The result expands the horizons of their music while still retaining the 'trance-core' feel they debuted with Wisconsin Death Trip. Basically it's a car accident between Ministry and Prong.

Static X is very much a love/hate band. You either love them, or absolutely can't stand them. I happen to love their music. It's heavy, his voice is unique, and they have a sense of humor about them. The music obviously comes mostly from lead singer/guitarist as the sound hasn't changed too much over the 3 cd's despite losing their original guitarist Kenji after the 1st cd, and their original drummer after the 2nd.

So far, this CD and Sevendust's Seasons are fighting over control of my changer and right now it's a toss up. Get BOTH.

Shadow Zone is a solid release.

Dharrk
10-17-2003, 05:08 PM
Only listened to hit a bit half ass, but I'd have to agree, their new CD is definitely good. It seems as if they added more background vocals, but the change is nice. Definitely going to download it soon! (After my brother buys it and rips it)

Andriana Duskrose
12-30-2003, 03:06 AM
Got this one as an Xmas gift, I am quite enjoying it, not much to add to Elid's post except...

Static X wasted no time at all in getting back into the studio with their new drummer to record their 3rd cd Shadow Zone.

All the recorded drums on the album were done by Josh Freese (what album isn't he drumming on these days?) and not Nick Oshiro.

Sabinn
01-01-2004, 05:02 PM
got both static x and seven dust, love them both.

anyone hear anything about In Flames making a new cd?

Lexoon
01-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Man, Josh Freese fucking drums for everyone! He says he enjoys studio drumming most heh. He's got a site somewhere listing all the bands and shit he's drummed for. Ironically he only plays live with A perfect circle and the Vandals

Andaas
01-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Man, Josh Freese fucking drums for everyone! He says he enjoys studio drumming most heh. He's got a site somewhere listing all the bands and shit he's drummed for. Ironically he only plays live with A perfect circle and the Vandals

He also released a solo album (http://www.gracenote.com/xm/pcd/genblues/5d10e89b357b49653c1ea5dbfd3ea3d9.html).