PDA

View Full Version : FFXI Screenshots

Arcius
10-31-2003, 07:52 PM
Since I was asked by a couple people...here are a few. I am horrible photographer :D

1 - Carbuncle summon. It looks really funny when it does a spin kick in the air.

2 - Ifrit summon, owns.

3 - One of the special abilites Rock Worms have, some kind of whirlwind special attack.

4 - Friendly high-level Thai players ressing me. Then he killed the Ghost who had killed me in one casting of Cure :p

5 - Some temple thing. High level mages can teleport here or something.

Might post more when I have something more interesting...I'm still a newbie.

Talas
10-31-2003, 09:51 PM
Those are pretty good shots! I wish I had enough time to give it a test drive. Squaresoft has always come out with outstanding RPGs, and I'm sure this will be no exception. :)

Vinen
11-01-2003, 12:27 AM
I died 8 times in a group early afternoon on friday and was still having fun. Then some high level white mage who was passing by saw us wipe and rezzed us all and then buffed us hehe.

Zarxen
11-01-2003, 01:54 AM
Looks nice, very nice. How does it run? Do you have to have a beast of a machine to play it?

Arcius
11-01-2003, 08:18 AM
Looks nice, very nice. How does it run? Do you have to have a beast of a machine to play it?

I have an Athlon XP 2100+ (1.73 ghz), 512 MB ram, geforce 4 ti 4600. I am playing in high resolution, all details turned on and I haven't experiences any slowdown yet. The graphics engine is A LOT smoother than EQ.

You can download the FFXI Benchmark program here (http://ffxi.stratics.com/content/bench/intro.php), it will give you some idea how well it would run. I had about 3500, so it's accurate in saying you can run in high resolution easily with 3000+ score.

The scores for the low resolution mode:

Cannot run - 999: "Too Weak" PC
Unfortunately, we assume that the specifications of your computer do not meet requirements to run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows. If you have this score even though your computer meets the minimum system requirements, please adjust the software resident on your PC.
If your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements, please consider upgrading your machine.

1000 to 1499: "Easy Prey" PC
We assume that your computer can run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows.
However, your frame rate may drop when in a party with lots of effects or in crowded cities.
You should set the game settings (such as resolution and texture) as low as possible.
In addition, if these symptoms bother you, you may consider upgrading your computer (such as increasing the amount of memory or upgrading your graphics card, etc).

1500 to 1999: "Decent Challenge" PC
We assume that your computer can easily run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows with the default settings. If the frame rate bothers you when you run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows, you may change the game settings (resolution or texture settings, etc) or adjust the display of weather effects.

2000 to 2499: "Even Match" PC
We assume that your computer can run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows enjoyably with the default settings. You should be able to play easily with weather effects on.

2500 to 2999: "Tough" PC
We assume that your computer can run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows enjoyably with the default settings. If your video card exceeds the recommended system requirements, we recommend that you increase the resolution of FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows. FINAL FANTASY XI might run just as smoothly as in low resolution mode.

3000 to 3999: "Very tough" PC
We assume that your computer can run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows enjoyably with the default settings. If your video card exceeds the recommended system requirements, it may be possible to run "FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows" easily even in high resolution mode.

4000 or above: "Incredibly tough" PC
We assume that your computer can run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows incredibly well with the default settings. If your video card exceeds the recommended system requirements, it may be possible to run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows easily even in high resolution mode or with bump mapping enabled.

7000 or above: "Impossible to gauge"
We assume that your computer can run FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows excellently with the default settings. If your video card exceeds the recommended system requirements, we recommend that you try out various configuration settings of FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows.

Vinen
11-01-2003, 10:54 AM

I can run max settings on a my 1600~ Mhz Laptop P4, 1024 Ram, 64 Meg Geforce 4 2go. The only time i lag on these settings is when I am in town and there are like 20+ people running around near me.

Zarxen
11-02-2003, 09:38 AM
Right on, yea like I said it looks impressive from the screens.

Ktul
11-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Mages res? Oh the horror