PDA

View Full Version : X-Scream

Varran
11-14-2003, 02:59 PM
Now this is a ride!! (http://www.vegas.com/attractions/on_the_strip/projectxsky.html?f=m0at&t=stripat)

Crimsonbanshee
11-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Umm can you say no way in hell im getting on that ?

Zarwin
11-14-2003, 03:37 PM
Check out their website, http://www.projectxsky.com/ , nice photos and a little video. I went to Vegas like 4 years ago, and I rode the bigshot ride, it shoots you up and you feel like your going to fly off the tower heh, this one should be better cause it looks like you are going to fall off.

Gheltire
11-14-2003, 05:25 PM
I've always wondered if puke from a thousand feet up could kill someone

Kaneis
11-16-2003, 05:49 PM
I'll let you know how it is after the New Year.

Elidroth
11-17-2003, 07:56 AM
Not just no.. but FUCK NO.

Nallick
11-17-2003, 09:48 AM
Wow I love rides and that thing would scare the shit out of me. I would still do it though. :-)

Angelie
11-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Not just no.. but FUCK NO.

i couldnt agree more =/ im one of the ppl with the worst fear of heights...i even jerk a little (no vidmer not that kind) when im about to fall off pulling in Velks Lab :(

Gemmi
11-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Angelie - Velks lab had me clenching my hands. I was so nervous I don't even recall going back again more than 1 or 2 times. The other place that did me in? That invisible bridge in the Deep. ARGGG I would break out in a sweat. The only thing saving me in some of the POP zones that are up high was hearing Andaas say you can't fall over the sides!

Oh and this thread reminds me of the roller coaster program you can play. When my daughter first tried to make an amusement park, she was wanting to make more money so she turned up the speed on that tower you fly up on and cut down on maintenance. Well, all the riders flew off the top and died. She still gets upset with me laughing about it, 'cause she killed all those people!

Myztlee
11-21-2003, 09:37 AM
I love rollercoasters, but I passed on the old Stratosphere ride last time, and I would pass on this. I don't care how many safety measures they have in place, I don't need adrenaline/fear rushes that much. Some day, I know it, someone will forget to tighten some bolt during maintenance, and that thing will fall.

Coral
11-21-2003, 11:10 AM
I love rollercoasters, but I passed on the old Stratosphere ride last time, and I would pass on this. I don't care how many safety measures they have in place, I don't need adrenaline/fear rushes that much. Some day, I know it, someone will forget to tighten some bolt during maintenance, and that thing will fall.

Ridiculous. Driving in Las Vegas, or even walking around it at night, is unquestionably more likely to get you killed.

Exarch Julli
07-26-2004, 10:57 PM
<3 Stratosphere (it's where I work)

There is a new ride coming soon. Advertisements and previews should come out in the next couple of months. I've seen the concept art and the demo... makes X-Scream look tame.

BurnemWizfyre
07-26-2004, 11:04 PM
Id love that ride, however to much not in my control...i love it when people tell me "you dont have the balls" after i tell them to stfu or ill pull the cord now.

Exarch Julli
07-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Ridiculous. Driving in Las Vegas, or even walking around it at night, is unquestionably more likely to get you killed.
If you knew the neighborhood around where the Stratosphere is, this is SO very true... It's getting better though.

Kirynos
07-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Ned and I never found time to take this ride, but I sure wanted to.

Exarch Julli
07-28-2004, 06:33 AM
Next time you come to town, let me know and I'll get you some passes to ride it.

Qaediin
07-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Its not heights im worried about. Its the sudden stop at the pavement=D. I cant fit on most rides anyways. My chest is too big from lifting weights :( . But i would ride on that just to say i done that.

Eomer
07-28-2004, 05:30 PM
What a coincidence, I have the same problem with waist buckles if I happen to get wood!

Grabbit
07-28-2004, 11:31 PM
There are actually 3 different rides on top of the Stratosphere. My girlfriend and I stayed there while we were at the last Fan Faire, and rode all 3.

It wasn't too bad for me, having been a skydiver for several years, but she was nearly in tears. =P

Exarch Julli
07-29-2004, 06:25 AM
3 for now, soon to be 4... I wish I had a press release or photo or something to show what it looks like, because it is kind of hard to describe.

Sleepie
07-29-2004, 10:46 AM
she was nearly in tears

that would be me....i HATE heights :(

Vestax
07-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Ok thats deffinatly worth going too the States for :cool:

Vinen
07-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Hehe I rode the lame rollar coaster up there a few years ago was rather amusing.

Aindayen
07-29-2004, 03:46 PM
Of the two rides that were their last time i was in vegas i found that old roller coaster that circles the building the most disturbing. Not because of the height, but the fact it kept making strange breaking noises. The ride that launches you into the air high enough not to see the top of the building looking down was cool. I recommend doing it at night for the full effect. As far as this ride dunno, can't be worse then bungee jumping/sky diving. What speed does it launch you at?

Ain

Exarch Julli
07-30-2004, 12:38 AM
160 feet up, going at 45 mph. You do 4 G's on the way up, then negative G on the way down.

Ain, the new ride is the XScream, the title of this thread.

www.stratospherehotel.com (http://www.stratospherehotel.com/)

Siff
08-01-2004, 08:23 PM
You could actually try and pay me to ride those kind of rides and i'd turn you down. I'm petrified of heights.

Exarch Julli
09-09-2004, 11:21 PM
Just so I can quit trying to explain what the newest ride is, check out the newest link on my previous post to see the newest ride that will be put in next year.

If you thought X-Scream was scary...

Andaas
09-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Ok so like, I watched that video, and I just have to say no to that.