PDA

View Full Version : Real-time games

Lola
11-22-2003, 10:24 AM
Would people be interested in a game played in real-time from start to finish on a weekend sometime?

The way it would probably work, is moves would be due every 5-20 minutes or so, and the entire game would take anywhere from 3-6 hours.

So then, if you're interested, when is a good time, in general? Saturday afternoons? Friday nights? Sunday mornings?

Zeldapika
11-24-2003, 06:45 PM
I would like to try! This could be fun me thinks, plus i bet this would be a good way to learn how to play better :D Sat's are good anytime for me~

Kattoo Tacit
11-25-2003, 11:24 AM
To get a good turn out it may need to be scheduled when we know a raid will not be happening. At least that is the only time I could commit to a real time game.

Vidmer
11-25-2003, 04:13 PM
Or schedule it during a LDoN raid =p

Varran
11-25-2003, 04:22 PM
would it be possible to have people hang out and watch the real-time game in some form? For example if it were being played using IRC to communicate moves etc, some of us that aren't comfortable with the game yet could get a better feel for it (following along with our own maps etc).

Lola
11-25-2003, 05:23 PM
Yes, you can observe any game in progress (real time or not) on the judge, to get a hang of it. I'd encourage you to watch hoss5 (already in progress) actually, and come talk to the players about it as it moves - good way to learn.

send this in the body of an email to dpjudge@diplom.org:

OBSERVE Varran@hoss5 YourPassHere omgzlemmein

For non-Varran people, obviously change the Varran part, and make up your own password. omgzlemmein is the "secret word" for that game - you'll need to know it for any private game you join or observe.

Varran
11-26-2003, 08:07 PM
very cool... thanks a ton...

now of course... leaving for Japan tomorrow so I will likely not get a good chance to do much here til I get home, but this will be a great opportunity.

Lola
12-02-2003, 02:18 PM
Going to try to get a game going this Saturday at noon eastern! Sign up in IRC!

Lola
12-08-2003, 02:41 PM
a map variant for 4 people only took 1 hour per game (+ setup time), nice and fast!

Still have spots for 2 people for this Saturday's normal gunboat real-time game.

Kattoo Tacit
12-08-2003, 02:46 PM
a map variant for 4 people only took 1 hour per game (+ setup time), nice and fast!

Still have spots for 2 people for this Saturday's normal gunboat real-time game.

Me me kk

Lola
12-08-2003, 05:28 PM
You're on the list already :D

Lola
12-13-2003, 08:49 AM
Woo, we have 7 people at the last minute... just missing Talas and Kattoo on IRC. I hope you didn't forget you two! :P

Kattoo Tacit
12-13-2003, 01:43 PM
Woo, we have 7 people at the last minute... just missing Talas and Kattoo on IRC. I hope you didn't forget you two! :P

I did forget. I was visiting my mother, who has landed herself back in the hospital. Sorry for no notice.