PDA

View Full Version : Forum update / styles

Andaas
12-06-2003, 04:11 AM
The forums were just upgraded to a new version tonight. I didn't have enough time to convert the existing styles to the new format, so you are left with this for now.

Hopefully by Sunday night I should have some additional color schemes running.

Darsarin
12-06-2003, 06:42 AM
My eyes, my eyes!

Zappo
12-06-2003, 08:10 AM
All new things are wierd at 1st
i do kinda miss the name/avatar info on the side :|

nwinn
12-06-2003, 08:33 AM
I like it. :)

p.s. holy shit I have spinning stars!

Nallick
12-06-2003, 09:36 AM
I like it also.

Fenudwin
12-06-2003, 10:06 AM
What suprised me is all of a sudden is some active-x thing is trying to run? I have active-x set on prompt. That just the stars? Fen

Zarwin
12-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Andy can change the postbit back to the way it was. The prompts that you are getting Fen are from the javascript I think.

Andaas
12-06-2003, 01:12 PM
Well, I decided that rather than force everyone to view the forums with the new layout or the traditional layout, that I would work on creating templates that let the user choose (which oddly, vBulletin didn't supply - they only have an on/off switch to globally view them one way or another, heh).

Also, regarding the new scripting in the pages; click on any arrows you see on screen (http://www.hossguild.org/forums/images/misc/menu_open.gif and http://www.hossguild.org/forums/images/buttons/collapse_tcat.gif) for added efficiency.

Andaas
12-06-2003, 01:15 PM
Oh yeah, before anyone tells me that there is no "mark forums read" link on the "new posts" page; please check the "quick links" drop down menu on the top menu bar. Thanks.

Zarwin
12-06-2003, 01:21 PM
And click log out at the top for some Xp style log off.

Andaas
12-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Ok, there's now a style up and running with dark colors, though still has some issues to be fixed.

Andaas
12-07-2003, 05:37 AM
There's a new dark style available now called vBulletin 3 Blue.

While it is far from perfect, it has some better tuned color controls and menus than the previously converted Hoss 3.0 Dark.

Andaas
12-07-2003, 06:14 AM
I did a little more work (though I stayed up way too late doing it...) and added a user option to switch between the new horizontal based thread display (with poster information above each thread) and the traditional forum display system (with poster information to the left).

To change the setting, visit the User Control Panel (User CP), choose Edit Options, and change your Forum Display Style in the Thread Display Options panel (3rd panel from the top).

Now I just have to finish adjusting the forum header section, and fix a few last formatting problems with the dark style and everything will be done. :)

Andaas
12-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Another update, just in case people were still looking for the "Mark Forums Read" link. It is now conveniently located on ALL forum pages.

Simply click on the "Quick Links" menu, this will drop down a list of frequently used commands. Then choose "Mark Forums Read". As seen in the below image:

http://www.hossguild.org/andaas/mark_read.jpg