PDA

View Full Version : Test of Tactics III 18x18

Slaznash
06-22-2001, 01:43 AM
Lady Daegarmo sent me this, sounds like a good reason to work on getting those extra levels!

I announced at Fan Faire that I will be coming out of events retirement to design and run Test of Tactics III. I am still working on the design document of this event, but at this time it looks like it will be 18 vs 18 using the entire inside of the arena. Basically the only rule will be, you can't bind in the arena zone. Those that are killed and can be revived would be able to re-enter the event. Fear, Charm, Fluxing would be allowed. Activatable items of all kinds (Except for amulet of necropotence, no more armies of undead), will be allowed.

Teams would have a minimal of 1060 levels on their 18 person team. This is an average of 59th level. Prizes are yet undetermined, but should be extreme enough to promote the largest event in Verant history.

While this event is still several months out, I wanted to give people a 'heads up' to start getting ideas, teams, and most importantly tactics ready for this event.

LoL 18vs18 with in battle rezzing allowed. These fights could take awhile ;)

Lronius de la Mancha
06-22-2001, 03:02 AM
that actually sounds like a neat idea. I remember back in the day we used to want to guildwar with a guild we knew (back then either phoenix or someone else i forgot who) and like have a battle in sro.

Basically the two teams enter in from different ends of the field and have at it. Only downside to that was people grouping elsewhere accidentally killing each other ;|

But sounds like fun!

Lola
06-22-2001, 05:38 AM
Activatable items of all kinds (Except for amulet of necropotence, no more armies of undead), will be allowed.

Lame. Test of camping.

18 people makes it essentially a guild v guild test of tactics - there were so few teams fielded in the 6v6, I can't see any guild getting 36 59-average people on to PVP on the same evening. Some guilds might have trouble with putting together one team.

The no-binding; revival rule is excellent. Although I can't see newly revived folks living very long, or being useful.

Casters and pet classes will be a good deal more useful. If it weren't for the item-useage, this would be a great competition. With, it'll only be o-k.

Inizen
06-22-2001, 06:36 AM
heh druzzil is basically a newbie server, most servers have 3x the number of level 60's we do =p

I think the level requirements are a bit steep though...will be very difficult for anyone but the upper 4 guilds (vindi, hoss, seekers, ML) to yield 18 people of average level 59 (L`malla and CN can, but they are generally in the 52-57 range level wise).

I like the feel of the board btw, very nice =p

Lola
06-22-2001, 08:28 AM
Yes, my comments were limited to Druzzil, since that's the server we plan on =)

Maybe with so many people, and with a little effort, activateable items won't be such a big deal. We shall see - I can only hope!

Lronius de la Mancha
06-22-2001, 02:31 PM
maybe we can mix and match teams from different guilds :o

Slaznash
06-22-2001, 02:51 PM
I think that would be a good idea Lron. I personally, am not that concerned about winning on DRO, but rather putting up a good fight on the test server. As I see it, there will be, MAYBE 5 teams on Druzzil.

While defeating 4 other teams is an accomplishement, its nothing compared to defeating 37ish (I think) other servers. Doing well on the Test Server finals is a much bigger accomplishment then winning on Druzzil IMO.

Slaz

Nuuk
06-22-2001, 05:49 PM
I love this idea!!

Count me in!!

HipposPottamus
06-22-2001, 06:12 PM
teams id like to see would be:

18 paladins
18 sks
9 paladins/sks

:)))

Paladins would be like fighting 36 people, but if you had 18 sks you'd have 4-5 people dead on the other team instantly, plus you could summon up a pet.

This is gonna be amazing if it goes through though

Lronius de la Mancha
06-22-2001, 07:29 PM
rofl that team would be funny as hell.

Tons of LoH and HT action.

But yeah since our server is deemed the n3wb server and we have shiat for a high level pool it would be fun to unite as a server (first time for that eh?) and win this shit. Then go back to our old exploitive-he-said-she-said-omfg-i-cant-believe-you're-sleeping-with-him/her-why-the-hell-did-you-take-my-spawn-guys-cant-we-get-along-hey-did-anyone-see-where-my-alc-went-to-why did-you-kick-my-dog server.

Or maybe even 18 bards. We can bellow people to death!