PDA

View Full Version : Private deals, hidden handshakes, backroom negotiations = nothing but trouble

Quintall_ML
10-08-2001, 03:07 PM
One thing I'm going to note here, is the 'private deal' thing.

You know, from past experience, that ML is going to be anywhere, and kill anything, the same as you. Why not avoid these situations entirely, and do the discussions right out in the open the way we are doing right now, from the begining.

You wonder why there's a huge mistrust level, or why folks may think guilds are 'teaming up', welp, there's your answer. Because you neglect to recall, every time, the fact that other guilds will indeed be doing the same things.

ML isn't concerned as much with 'firsts', especially not to the extent the former Seekers were. We aren't going to race with people to be 'first', we do things in our own time, and we do them successfully from the get go with little or no prior knowledge gained from other sources, including web sites. We enjoy doing things this way, and absolutely detest these tiffs that *have* to start every single time as though you are surprised we are there.

So what am I saying? Stop with the 'private deals'. ML, and likely L`Malla and others to come, will be everywhere the same as you have, so you may as well get used to that fact, and make arrangements in plain daylight and avoid conflict.

Sirensa
10-08-2001, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Baramos1
In fact, I approached Dlgoth just last week to begin preliminary discussions about our ability to kill all the Warders, and how we could fit L`Malla into the scheme of things.

Kill all the warders?

Originally posted by Dlgoth Riknueth
Well, we didn't discuss much other than "we'd like to kill the 4th warder, lets discuss it when your free".

Basically to me that meant free the sleeper, since there was no mention of killing him out of sequence (i.e. leaving one up). Didn't quite sit well with me, since it would basically screw my guild (and as we all know, our main intentions here are looking out for our guilds), but I haven't had the time to continue the discussion..

Speaking of teaming up....

Pot. Kettle. Black.

No one is guilt-free of looking out for the best interests of their own guild. Not sure what you are getting at with your post. Sounds a tad paranoid to me. If two guilds want to team up to take a mob out, I see no problem with that, as long as they only use one spot on the rotation schedule.

Quintall_ML
10-08-2001, 03:48 PM
It's in response to the constant 'we had a deal prior to ML coming' that Hoss and Vind seem to post.

It's tiresome.

Your quotes are also out of context, considering that that was brought out in the open, and was initially in response to the same back door negotiations that have been causing problems.

Want to set something up about trading a zone or a mob, do it here, in the open, so if/when others are coming, there's no confusion and bullshit.

Andaas
10-08-2001, 03:57 PM
I see no need for 2 guilds involved in an area that won't be touched by others for 2 or 3 months need to discuss things here. Had you seen the level of argument in irc between Ciner and I regarding NToV at that time, you would see that it went very much the same as the recent discussions between Hoss/ML.

Everyone here is fighting for the best interests of their guild. If I can avoid fighting in a public area, I will do so. There was nothing secretive about what we did, simply a level of respect given each other.

Quintall_ML
10-08-2001, 04:37 PM
If there is nothing secretive, then posting the results and decision, since you are loath to post the flaming, would be the least you could do, and would alleviate the issue just as well.

Hearing that there's an agreement already made between 2 guilds that isn't seen here, is smoething we should be avoiding, not promoting.

Baramos1
10-08-2001, 06:27 PM
That's out of context.

"Killing all the Warders" was something I proposed here, in my very first post, for all the IGB guilds to do under one banner, at some point in Druzzil history.

I did approach Dlgoth about it, yup. We never got around to talking about it.

Pay attention to context. There was nothing secretive or malicious or diabolical there.

It was an open post to all the guilds on the IGB.

Baramos

Ciner
10-09-2001, 01:46 AM
Heh were discussing Ntov together(ML Hoss Vindi), because now ML is involved in Ntov. As ML was not involved in Ntov and is a latecomer to the scene I dont see why your getting on Andaas Siren or I about deals we had been operating on previously to MLs direct involvement.

As Andaas said there were pleanty of heated discussions, wasn't any "lets keep ML from Ntov talks", I'm sorry if you feel left out, but as you said you dont mind being a bit behind others at killing mobs, well obviously you are going to be left out of certian discussions then.

Basicly we all look out for our guilds as we have done so in the past. A post like this does nothing but stir up old arguements, as such, not sure why it was began.

Quintall_ML
10-09-2001, 06:25 AM
Read the first post again Ciner.

The point is, you know ML and others will be coming into these areas sooner or later, and killing this mob or that mob. If you are going to make an arrangement between Vind and another guild, fine, just put the result of it here, and you will avoid the whole mess we get into every time, (see Trakanon, Sontalak, Klandicar, Zlandicar, ST, CT, and most recently, N ToV), where we have to rehash all this shit out.

It's not that hard. Make a post that outlines the agreement, and then when the rest come into the picture, they already have a baseline to work from.

This thread has nothing to do with dredging up arguements, it's an effort to stop future arguements that always seem to occur.

Ciner
10-09-2001, 10:27 AM
Okay but, what else is there now that Ntov discussions have just about ended? Post seems a few months late, and at this time just makes people angry at one another.

Quintall_ML
10-09-2001, 11:13 AM
Or a few months early as we move into SoL, depends on how you look at it.

Either way, let's just work, all of us, on not having a private deal going. No need to rehash out why it came about, just post something if two guilds come to an agreement, so when guilds 3, 4, etc, etc, come along, they aren't fighting the same battles, this time in the public eye.

It's just not necessary.