PDA

View Full Version : Tenacious D - The Complete Masterworks (DVD)

Elidroth
02-24-2004, 05:37 AM
What can be said about 'The D' that hasn't been said literally hundreds of times elsewhere. I dunno.. so I'll probably say all the same shit over again.

Jack Black (Wonderboy) and Kyle Gass (Nastyman) are Tenacious D. Originally intended to be nothing more than a musical comedy vehicle, their comedy bits and music gained cult following and ultimately prompted the release of a full CD and college campus tour. The music is a total spoof of the 70's hard rock world, but what's scary is often times they do a better job musically than the target of their humor. Songs like Tribute, Wonderboy, and my personal favorite, Fuck Her Gently.

The Complete Masterworks is a 2 DVD set with a live concert as well as all of the HBO comedy special bits they did over the past 14 years (Tenacious D first appeared in 1990 if you can believe it). My personal preference is in the live show but all of it is really funny stuff. Definitely worth your $$ and is a nice tie-in to the upcoming movie.

Oh.. and this is a picture of the new Tenacious D 'side project' called Trainwreck. Kyle Gass on the left, and 'Tuffy McFucklebee' on the right.

RekinTheShaman
04-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Saw this post and i gotta agree Tenacious D Rocks. I own thier CD and that DVD they both consist of endless laughs. I cant wait till they come out with a new CD.

Elder Rekin