PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Ho-Tep

Myztlee
02-28-2004, 07:51 AM
Saw it last night. Canada did not pick it up as a regular distributor, so caught it at a small repetory theater, and it was totally packed, line around the block (we got there early, we're smart!).

It wasn't what I thought at all. It's a fairly quiet movie, but extremely well-done. It's comedy horror, but not overly campy. It's a step up from the Evil Dead stuff as far as goofiness, and a step down from the ED gore. It's not action packed (octagenariens don't make for big fight scenes), but the comedy side keeps it going.

Oddly sweet, really funny, with even a few good attempts at true horror, fairly decent makeup, I would recommend it to anyone just for the experience of something different.

Zarxen
02-28-2004, 08:28 AM
I am looking forward to the DVD. Bruce Campbell fan's rejoice. I might even blind buy this one as I like Don Coscarelli and Bruce Campbell.

http://digitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers3/bubbahotepsedvd.jpg

Word is the disc is going to include anamorphic widescreen video, Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, three audio commentary tracks including one with director Don Coscarelli, one with cast members Bruce Campbell and Ossie Smith, and another with Campbell in character as Elvis, deleted scenes, several behind-the-scenes featurettes and interviews, etc