PDA

View Full Version : hoss14 (the payola test game)

Lola
03-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Thanks Kattoo for GM'ing for us.

http://www.floc.net/dpjudge/?game=hoss14

As it says in the description, there will be several DUMMY powers in this game. If it's just me, Vidle and Aal that sign up (assuming they even want to play with the current settings), we'll have 8 dummies. Those powers will offer, I think, 0 AgP (the currency unit) bribes to their units to hold each turn, so pretty much the dummy powers are there for the real powers to bribe and manipulate. I'm hoping it will be somewhat difficult to determine who is a real player and who is a dummy... that's part of the experient.

If there are other people that want to sign up, please do so! But do it soon!

The privacy word is payola

Lola
03-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Oh yeah, and don't ask what happened to 12 and 13. There were a couple of unfortunate incidents.

Lola
03-15-2004, 10:18 AM
Ah yes, just so all the players have the same information, for sure, there are 5 real powers in this game now. Me, Aal, Vidle, Slippy, and Talas.

Lola
03-17-2004, 10:44 AM
This is pretty fun :)

It's maddening, trying to figure out who are the real powers, so far!

Kattoo Tacit
03-17-2004, 12:17 PM
This is pretty fun :)

It's maddening, trying to figure out who are the real powers, so far!

Seeing who everyone is and what units they are bribing and how much is really fun. Seeing all that data hurts your head after a bit though, so much happening all at once even at the start =o.

Lola
03-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Yeah, it's definitely way more information than a normal game gives you. I spent a few hours the other day looking at the complete history of a few payola games on the judge and boy, was it headache-inducting. (When they're over, it gives you the entire bribe sheet histories of all the powers)

Oh yeah... TALAS, where art thou?

Slippy
05-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Well that was a new type of game. It took different thinking to remember that you could just move the enemy units out of the way. Conserving money was also interesting.

I got lucky having a whole load of dummies around me. Eveyone else besides Vidle was stuck down in the balkans.

Well I had fun.

Sloppy