PDA

View Full Version : New icons...or should I say Eww icons...

Myztlee
03-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Don't like them. May I have the old ones back please, thanks?

Vidmer
03-20-2004, 08:33 PM
/second

Andaas
03-20-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm curious specifically of which icons people like or dislike, and also if it is the antialiasing problem or just the overall look and feel of them.

The current graphics are the ones supplied with version 3.0 of the vBulletin software (the previous were color modified versions as supplied with version 2.0).

I'm personally not crazy about the new thread icons (the envelopes), and some of the coloring is a bit confusing. Whereas I do like the forum indicators and most of the buttons and most of the small controls. Not sure about the smilies just yet, I tend to like the addition of color, but maybe it is a bit too much.

Aundine
03-20-2004, 08:41 PM
I agree that the forum indicators are better than the thread envelopes. Overall, though, the change is very jarring.

I am reserving judgement for a while until I make sure that it's not just an unfamiliarity thing. It may be that after I'm used to it the new stuff will seem just fine.

-Aundine

Myztlee
03-21-2004, 04:27 AM
My main beef is with the main forum icons. One is a bulletin board with a note on it. Another is a glowing red bulletin board with two notes on it. One is a bulletin board with a blue arrow on it. Not much on meanings. Yes, I can figure them out, but at a glance, they aren't very good at telling me anything.

And they're big. Distracting. Wasteful. Bring back the old ones!

And the thread indicators... blue envelope, red envelope, blue envelope with arrow, blue envelope with letter coming out... huh?

Tarissa
03-21-2004, 07:24 AM
on my first visit to the page i had flashbacks of using KDE for the first time, so I'd say, yeah get rid of these icons!

Andaas
03-22-2004, 02:05 AM
I've started modifying some of the forum artwork to get a more consistent look. I've also been creating a properly antialiased set for the dark background as I do this.

I temporarily changed the no new posts in popular (hot) thread icon to show as the same icon as a non popular thread, until I can find or make a replacement icon set for those icons. This should eliminate the bright red envelopes that have no new posts in them, which was always something that confused me to.