PDA

View Full Version : Bitching about Uqua.

Grabbit
04-06-2004, 12:21 AM
That's me at the mic. I brought Uqua up in hopes to find out if the problems every end guild is having would be fixed with any priority. The team agreed that the zone is in an unacceptable condition (although many of the bugs aren't unique to Uqua) and would be corrected with great urgency. So hopefully we'll be able to progress past the Rathe....er I mean Uqua soon.

http://prod.bsis.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/176/176544/folders/123095/881360grab.gif (http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=97756)

BurnemWizfyre
04-06-2004, 02:10 AM
heh, good facial apperance when you were at the mic, can see the discontent all over your face, way to give them hell sir.

Tarissa
04-06-2004, 03:47 AM
serious props to the guy with the bleached mohawk to the left!

sup grabbit - make me some breakfast!

Canare1
04-06-2004, 04:33 AM
Haha, Tari, I was thinking the same thing!

Was there any 'bouncers' there to protect the EQ ppl?! You should have Jerry Springer'd it, Grabbit! :D

Torrid
04-06-2004, 04:56 AM
The fact that Uqua isn't fixed yet or at least patched every few days to bring it closer to fixed, isn't just a slap to the face to the high end guilds, its a boot to the neck.

EQ's end game is on the brink of death due to this retarded repeated cockblocking from Sony combined with WoW's beta. From what I've seen in Uqua, (Hoss has gotten the enraged to 20% first try) the zone is broken simply because mobs hit too hard and/or time limits are too short. Aside from that, the zone is at least doable even with traps that reset almost every mob on a wipe.

Guilds have been stuck here for a MONTH. This is like PoP with a bertox that procs DT. At least with the rathe, you had the elementals to farm to gear up your guild and content that people wouldn't mind farming for months on end. So far GoD offers us very little. For god's sake, my guild did Valdoon this weekend. VALDOON.

I'm fucking shocked and awed that uber guilds everywhere arn't revolting over this nonsense. People are WAY too used to bending over for Sony.

Myztlee
04-06-2004, 05:15 AM
I'm fucking shocked and awed that uber guilds everywhere arn't revolting

I think quite a few are pretty revolting.

Myztlee
04-06-2004, 05:16 AM
PS: Not a single person is smiling in that room.

Vinilaa
04-06-2004, 06:52 AM

Noticed that too? :p

Zeldapika
04-06-2004, 07:02 AM
Hey was that Kbam behind you Grabbit? :) He looks just like him!

Rhedd
04-06-2004, 07:20 AM
God I am not going to miss EQ= )

Kirynos
04-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Was nice meeting you, Grabbit :)

Do you know if Wroke is still in TR? I haven't heard from him since the last FF.

Zappo
04-06-2004, 10:11 AM
woah~ grabbits hot!
zaphoe gunna take his girlfriends place

Buazag Bonesteel
04-06-2004, 11:12 AM
I'm fucking shocked and awed that uber guilds everywhere arn't revolting over this nonsense. People are WAY too used to bending over for Sony.

How do they revolt? Pretty much the only power the people have here is in the form of the almighty dollar. Either people play....and therefore pay....or they don't. So far people haven't been willing to not play in big enough numbers to make the game gods really give a shit.

The only true way for the masses to have a real impact is for everyone on every server to cancel their accounts at the same time. On top of that.....they would all have to at least have a solid majority opinion as to what needed to be made different or better so they would come back. Call me a pessimist....but that ain't happening ;)

Andaas
04-06-2004, 12:03 PM
It certainly isn't going to happen when these issues only impact 1-2% of their playerbase. The other 98% of their players all have content that is working to at least an acceptable level (though the new graphic engine has added some bugs, it hasn't made anything impossible that I am aware of).

Grabbit
04-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Wroke isn't in TR anymore. He left to go play Final Fantasy =(. I don't have any idea who any of the people are behind me!

Darsarin
04-06-2004, 12:42 PM
serious props to the guy with the bleached mohawk to the left!

sup grabbit - make me some breakfast!
Thats not Vestax is it? :p

Derrict
04-06-2004, 12:57 PM
For god's sake, my guild did Valdoon this weekend. VALDOON.
Valdoon was fun!

sendain
04-06-2004, 01:49 PM

ROFl Myzlee from the looks of things people in that room are waiting for a Dinner break LOL

Subtle
04-06-2004, 03:05 PM
ok, so they listened to your complaint, and told you what you wanted to hear.That doesnt sound like the Sony i know....o wait..nm..i was thinking of Verant, that sounds just like Sony.The only difference between /petition, and seeing them live appears to be you actually get to state your case before they give you a pat answer and ignore you.L2 doesn look pretty fun ;)

Grabbit
04-06-2004, 03:35 PM
The devs have actually been really good about keeping the lines of communication open with us about Uqua. Silius (the designer of Uqua) is no longer with Sony, and left before the zone was fully tuned. So that leaves the rest of the team with little to no experience with a zone and the responsibility of tuning it. One of our GMs actually had a Dev log in one night that was particularly problematic. He followed our raid noting all sorts of things. So they are trying.

I don't think they were just offering lip service. Everyone could tell when someone would get up and ask a question and the Dev team was like "Ya ya, next please". They seemed to be interested in the questions, and empathetic to our frustration.

Lexi
04-06-2004, 04:28 PM
haha anyone else notice Grabbit at the mic is one of the only people in the picture not over weight? Too many twinkies not enough gym time! Someone needs to hold EQ hostage -- 30 sit ups okay you get 15 minutes of EQ =p

Joshua
aka Sexy Lexi da SUPER gnome!!!

Zarxen
04-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Yeah that's club chub allright. Hey Grabbit, good you are keeping in shape. Btw who's left in TR that I would recognize still?

Torrid
04-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Actually the most popular uber guilds' front pages can be pretty motivational. Several bugs noted on AL's front page were fixed rather quickly after being posted. Of course the number of people who care about the game seems to have diminished since LDoN.

If Sony was smart, they's risk making Uqua temporarily too easy so people can access some real content before guilds burn out. Even a loss of 10-20% of a guild member base could prevent the rest of the people who want to raid from raiding, which in turn would burn even more people out. Hoss has been unable to raid Uqua for a week now due to attendance.

Grabbit
04-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Hey Zarxen,

There aren't too many of the original members of TR left, and only 3 or 4 of the Vindi left. Myself, Uwber, Squshifooty(chloris), and Muse. Ciner is still around, but on a break.

Torrid,

I think every guild is experiencing the same nightly sloth like lack of motivation. People don't want to play when they feel they have little or no chance of winning. I talked with a lot of our buddies in Afterlife at Fan Faire, and they share the same feelings we do. We use to really care about who did what first, but now most of us couldn't care less. Being a trail blazer means being a beta tester. That's something we are tired of. The friendly serverwide competition is fun, but there is no competition when you're fighting through buggy or poorly tuned content.

Let someone else pound their head against the wall until the encounter is tuned properly and experience the frustration you feel when you finally do beat the encounter after weeks, sometimes months of wipes and Uber guilder_02 tells you "That wasn't that tough, we won on our second try."

I like Gates, but for a lot of EQ'ers our tolerance of unfinished content has reached its plateu.

http://prod.bsis.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/176/176544/folders/123095/881360grab.gif (http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=97756)

lyubm
04-06-2004, 11:33 PM
haha anyone else notice Grabbit at the mic is one of the only people in the picture not over weight?
Joshua

Lexi thats exactly what i was thinking hehe :D

Luucas Maximus
04-07-2004, 05:28 AM
I'm fucking shocked and awed that uber guilds everywhere arn't revolting

Sadly the only real revolting I've seen is lots of uber guilds fading away into inactivity. My guild is lucky to have 40 to turn up to an Uqua raid and it's much the same for the others I've spoken to.

Perhaps it would help if some of these guilds updated their web pages with their contempt for the current Uqua design, but sadly that space is reserved for the mass recruitment drives that seem to take pride of place instead.

Tarissa
04-07-2004, 06:04 AM
I have to agree with Buaz. Complain all you want, but you're not quitting because of it, and until good feelings make people wealthy, it looks like you're out of luck

That's not being pessimistic, that's just being realistic. I'm sure they do care, but nothing motivates people quite like losing their jobs!

Kakeku
04-07-2004, 06:12 AM
haha anyone else notice Grabbit at the mic is one of the only people in the picture not over weight? Too many twinkies not enough gym time! Someone needs to hold EQ hostage -- 30 sit ups okay you get 15 minutes of EQ =p

Joshua

Lol. When I saw the picture, I was thinking the same thing. EQ fan faire = the sea of fat boys.

Rhedd
04-07-2004, 10:09 AM
I have to agree with Buaz. Complain all you want, but you're not quitting because of it, and until good feelings make people wealthy, it looks like you're out of luck

That's not being pessimistic, that's just being realistic. I'm sure they do care, but nothing motivates people quite like losing their jobs!

I quit because of it =)

Twong
04-07-2004, 11:57 AM
But you shall return for the 1230874232 time rhedd!

Facker!

:D

Rhedd
04-07-2004, 12:24 PM
No not ever =) I only returned for a month this time, and I think I enjoyed almost none of it =\ was good to see friends again!

Eomer
04-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Bah, you have "quit for the last time" at least two or three times now!

Rhedd
04-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Actually I have never said before I would never return, guarenteed.

nwinn
04-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Actually I have never said before I would never return, guarenteed.
This doesn't count either, guarenteed isn't a word. =o

Grabbit
04-07-2004, 09:29 PM
I just spoke to Prathun (Dev tuning Uqua), and he said expect a patch late this week.

Buazag Bonesteel
04-08-2004, 08:14 AM
I quit because of it =)

Ditto.....but I have to admit it wasn't easy =D I still miss hanging out with you guys.

And they must be doing something right since all the so called "EQ beaters" keep coming and going without really doing much damage to the EQ player base.

Tarissa
04-08-2004, 08:21 AM
I quit because of it =)

And rumor has it Sony's stock is falling

Karendra
04-08-2004, 08:29 AM
I just gonna wait till a new good mmorpg comes out i guess. playing a sucking and pointless class in a shity expansion was just to much for me:)

BurnemWizfyre
04-08-2004, 09:46 AM
see ya in the end zone karen

Kirynos
04-08-2004, 10:58 AM
I think Nedari and myself have a tapeworm... because the majority of people at the Fan Faire seemed to be overweight. In addition, I think that slice of the player base is not too far off the median, either (considering the number of people that didn't come either are too anti-social or did not have the money to attend).

Rhedd
04-08-2004, 11:49 AM
I wanted to go but was short on cash =o Elid and I have a long standing Vegas trip! Gonna hit the clubs and have some fun :o

Ryukami
04-08-2004, 03:29 PM
I worked out for three hours after I saw that pic....wow. Anyway, dont be too judgmental of those guys. More than likely half of them could be your boss some day! :rolleyes:

Wish I coulda gone. I;m heading to Vegas in August...but two trips in that amount of time and I prolly wouldnt have the cash to make it back home lol

Grabbit
04-16-2004, 03:39 AM
Uqua was live patched a few hours ago. Enjoy!

Torrid
04-16-2004, 05:20 AM
You mean changing the icon of the pure melee aoe blocker wasn't the fix? k.

Grabbit
04-16-2004, 08:11 AM
Don't shoot the messenger! I thought knowing when the zone was patched would be nice so you didn't bang your heads on broken content. =/

Derrict
04-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Developer #1 tells you " HAHA, you had your hopes up, didn't you?"

Fenudwin
04-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Now they need to fix pet shrink so I'm not stuck playing playing as a buff-bot!! Fen

Ktul
04-20-2004, 09:24 AM
Now they need to fix pet shrink so I'm not stuck playing playing as a buff-bot!! Fen

Thats your job, now buff mahpet, thx

Icehealer
04-20-2004, 12:02 PM
just curiouse, what was the man to women ratio in that room hehe.

Ice

Peotr
04-20-2004, 12:58 PM
No not ever =) I only returned for a month this time, and I think I enjoyed almost none of it =\ was good to see friends again!

YOU BITCH, I am STILL sore from all that cyber Mr. Fucking I ENJOYED ALMOST NONE OF IT!

-- Peotr (The Normal Guy) ©™

P.S. Sore .. uhm .. carpal tunnel. I type a lot.

P.P.S. :eek:

Elidroth
04-20-2004, 01:14 PM
The scary part is there is a distinct possibility that Uqua is SUPPOSED to be this shitty.

Fenudwin
04-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Thats your job, now buff mahpet, thx /bonk /bonk /bonk /bonk /bonk /bonk /bonk /bonk /bonk /bonk Fen /bonk !!!! /bonk /bonk (somewhere that switched from smacking Ktul around into pounding my own head against the wall, not sure where exactly!!) :)

Vinilaa
04-20-2004, 05:58 PM
considering the number of people that didn't come either are too anti-social or did not have the money to attend

I'm antisocial and I spent all my money on my upcoming trip to S. Africa...
:eek:

Grabbit
04-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Got Barxt to 60%. Next time..

Kirynos
04-21-2004, 09:35 AM
Nice work! Keep at it!