PDA

View Full Version : Sail Ho Real-Time

Lola
10-15-2001, 03:04 PM
Last Saturday we (Xuen Amb Vidle and myself) played a real time game of Sail Ho. (www.jump.to/SailHo)

It's a 4-player variant, and a real time game takes only about 3 hours. This translates to something that could easily be done on somewhat short notice on a weeknight.

So, the question is - who is interested in doing further real-time Sail Ho games, and when? Shall we try to schedule one again this Saturday (10/20)? If you're interested, post the various 4-hour windows (An average game will run 3 hours or so, if smooth) you're available on that day.

Amberel
10-15-2001, 04:09 PM
Xuen and I are interested :)

$@*#$^ stupid wait 60 seconds post rule!!

Eomer
10-15-2001, 10:05 PM
Am kinda confused... is this a game you have to go buy a copy of? Or is there an online client to d/l? I think I saw a game called Diplomacy at the store a few weeks back...

Aalenu
10-16-2001, 04:46 AM
It's based on the Diplomacy board game you can buy, but the games we play is based entirely through email, or web based clients. You don't need to buy anything.

Aal

Lola
10-16-2001, 05:30 AM
Yeah, what Aal said. It's like playing chess on the web or by email.

If you know the rules, then you don't need to buy the game. Technically, distributing the rules to Diplomacy is illegal - that's the catch that is supposed to make you buy the physical box. But if you can get someone to teach you the rules, or if someone chooses to give you a copy of the rules, it's not necessary.

I would hope that people who play a few games and find they enjoy it would go out and buy the box as a show of support. (It's also nice to have the actual board)

Slaznash
10-18-2001, 12:26 AM
Some weekends I can probably do this. I briefly browsed the rules tonight but by no means know wtf is going on. Sounds a lot like risk. I can re-read the rules some and try and figure how the fook to play but you'd be dealing with a total newbie here. Other then that I'd love to try it ;)

Slaz

Lola
10-18-2001, 08:21 AM
The rules are a little cryptic - so it's definitely a good idea to read them a few times, without skimming and such.

Also, diplom.org has a good number of articles on all things diplomacy related, it's another good place to start.