PDA

View Full Version : Zakk Wylde - Hangover Music Vol. VI

Elidroth
04-20-2004, 05:30 AM
OK.. Flashback 10 years or so. Zakk left Ozzy's band to do his own thing, has released Pride and Glory (a great CD btw) and now comes Book of Shadows. A tribute in effect to his influences and musical inspirations. Acoustic, mellow, and VERY cool stuff to listen to..

Then came Black Label Society.. a no-holds-barred brutal assault of heavy music. 4 CD's in 6 years (hard working musician anyone?) in addition to touring with Ozzy and his own band. But LOTS of people remember the Book of Shadows CD. Zakk said he wanted to do another CD like this..

And so it comes.. Hangover Music Volume VI. I have no idea where the Volume 6 part of the title comes from, but this is in effect Book of Shadows Volume 2. I've only given it one listen so far, but DAMN.. so much versatility from one musician. I can't speak highly enough of his talents. To describe this CD.. Take a shot of Alman Brothers, 2 fingers of Skynard, add a splash Leslie West, and pour in a chilled glass of Zakk's other CD's. THIS is what music should be.. musicianship, songwriting.. you know.. TALENT. Something the music labels latest pushes seem to be completely devoid of in recent years.

Standout tracks for me are:

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
House of Doom
Won't Find it Here
Damage is Done

Go buy it.. Best Buy has it on sale.. :D