PDA

View Full Version : WoW mages

Twong
04-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Are awesome now.

Essentially they are an incredible damage dealers (a variety of dmg as well, AE's dd, channeled bolts, etc), who can sleep (mez), and dont have to buff whiney drakkys and other casters (well int buff but its an hour) every 30 mins.

;)

Rhedd
04-26-2004, 01:31 PM
Drakky is also like a cancerous tumor on your ass!

Tarissa
04-26-2004, 09:26 PM
yah

and that famor dude sucked 42 dicks this year

Buazag Bonesteel
04-27-2004, 06:15 AM
yah

and that famor dude sucked 42 dicks this year

And that's not counting all the farm animals.

Ubar
04-28-2004, 08:38 AM
Sounds like my kind of class ;o

Twong how is the rest period, hamper advancement? Opinions on it in general?

Twong
04-28-2004, 10:34 AM
I have never hit anything below normal (2 states under well rested). So its hard for me to say. But the system is getting changes because right now its a flat number, and ive read as you get higher lvl, you could drop out of normal well before you even gain one level for an evening. So they plan on scaling it and allowing players to build up extra rest for the longer they are not online and other changes to the system.

Its cool that they try things, but dont totally stick to them, and make sweeping changes as they see fit.

:)

Aelia
04-28-2004, 11:11 AM
Mages also get Unlocking spells (a nice bonus) and Teleport spells (start at L20, and eventually include group teleports) and good summon food/drink spells. I am playing a mage this push, and it has been a blast. Giving mages sleep was a huge huge benefit for the class, and changed them from being ok soloers and a class you didnt really need in groups, to an essential group class, and still ok soloers.
-hs

Ubar
04-29-2004, 06:19 AM
Crowd control is where the funs at :P

Is sleep a random timer, or static like eq? Say random ;o

Aelia
04-29-2004, 08:49 AM
It has a set duration (that gets longer as you get the higher level vers of the spell) But, mobs get a chance to break every 5 sec. So when you are trying to sleep a mob many levels above you, it wont last that long usually.