PDA

View Full Version : The Concert Thread

KivarDel`Arbre
04-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Just a inquiry; what concerts have YOU been to, and what were the most memorable?

-The Rolling Stones (I don't think I'll ever experiance a situation with over 400,000 people again in my life)
-Aleixonfire
-People Under the Stairs
-De La Soul
-Swollen Members
-Deftones
-Bif Naked
-A Perfect Circle
-TOOL
-AFI
-Kool Keith
-Billy Talent
-Del The Funky
-Hieroglyphics
-Ludacris
-The Juliana Theory
-Finger Eleven (x3)
-The Tea Party

Eomer
04-29-2004, 10:20 AM
Not gonna list all the concerts I have been to, since it's a lot. I would have to say the two most memorable for me were Big Wreck playing at the Winspear Centre (one of the best symphony halls in Canada, although kinda smallish) and a New Year's bash a few years back with Headstones, Big Sugar, and Wide Mouth Mason.

Big Wreck was memorable for a couple of reasons. The biggest one is that it was two days after 9/11, so it was kind of strange in that respect. The place wasn't sold out, I assume because lots of people decided to stay home. The second is that they played for 3 hours, with a handful of different guest musicians and performers, including Tom Wilson, Colin James, Eric Johnson, three Japanese Tribal Drummers, and the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra. The sound quality in that place was amazing. Between songs the singer could stand ten feet back from the mic and talk in a normal voice, and you could hear him clearly. He commented that he had been holding in a few good rippers for fear of embarassing himself. Big Wreck has since broken up, but the singer is on his own (www.thornley.com if you want to sample some of his new stuff, it's good!) and will be in town in a couple weeks.

The New Year's bash was memorable because all three bands that played are incredibly good live. It's about as simply as that. Oh wait, it was a Halloween show now that I remember the singer/guitarist from Wide Mouth Mason wearing a wig, skirt and lipstick while playing with Big Sugar. But yeah, it was 4 hours of awesome live music from 3 bands that know how to put on a good show.

Adali
05-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Hmm. I have seen a good many bands in concert so far. Ill list em:

Smile Empty Soul
Trapt
Charlie Daniels Band ( Not My Kind Of Music )
The Wailers
Saliva
Three 6 Mafia
The Offspring
Last World Tour "Kiss" Concert
Switchfoot ( Sucked )
Shinedown
Fuel
Sisterhazel
Collective Soul
Puddle Of Mud

I see all these concerts in Memphis, Ten at the Beal Street Music Fest and the Pyramid. Its a lot of fun around here. The Fest is just like a Huge 3 day party with almost a million folks. Supa Fun.
Live
Foo Fighters
Drive By Truckers ( SUCKED )

Elidroth
05-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Holy crap.. WAY too many to list.. Favorites would be:

Dream Theater
Queensryche
Cheap Trick
System of a Down
Slipknot
Pantera
Eric Johnson
White Zombie
Fates Warning
Ozzy (when he still could speak, remember his own lyrics, and perform without a teleprompter)
Shockhead
24-7 Spyz

Rika
05-05-2004, 09:54 AM
#1 show hands down was GG Allin and the murder junkies, at the cavity club in austin, the one where he ran out to the street covered in shit while buck naked and was beating up pedestrians that happen to walk by. They even made a t shirt from that lol

other shows that stood out

CKY
Bad Religion
Nofx
NiN
Greenday (1990) 1039 Smoothed out slappy hour tour
HIM
Fugazi
Pearl Jam with Smashing Pumpins
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Ramones
Greatful Dead

I saw Kiss in 1979 with Styx in houston texas when i was 5 years old.. hehe but dont remember much of it other than bashing a guitar and spitting a little blood.

Elidroth
05-05-2004, 11:54 AM
I almost forgot.. one of my favorite shows..

Iron Maiden

Ubar
05-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Greatful Dead

I hate you, I am so jealous ;\

Aradil
05-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Hmm, I would have to say Grateful Dead and Guns -N- Roses. GnR only because it was the concert where the riot took place.

Zobb
05-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Tool - no show of any tour has been a dissapointment
Janes Addiction - self titled album tour '87
Lalapalooza 1
Soundgarden - Louder Than Love tour, Mudhoney opened
Revolting Cocks - '88
Ministry - '90
Nick Cave with Wolfgang Press opening (still in my top 3 shows all time)
Skinny Puppy (any Skinny Puppy is memorable, if you 've been you know what I mean)
Ramones
G.G. Allen (complete with self mutilation, defication on stage and a small riot)
Metallica - Black Album tour
Cramps - New Years Eve Party at the original Fillmore
Dead Kennedys - Frankenchrist tour
Bauhaus Reunion
Einstürzende Neubauten - Tabula Rasa tour

edit: forgot The Cult - Love Tour was awesome and the next night I saw The Violent Femmes, that was a fun weekend, also saw The Cult - Electric tour with GnR opening. my immediate thought was, "man these guys suck but they are going to be huge"

Elidroth
05-10-2004, 08:52 AM
GnR is quite possibly the worst live band in the history of the world.

Oh.. saw Slipknot again last night. 1400 ppl in a tiny club. They put on a show like they were in a 12,000 seat arena. It was VERY cool.

Aradil
05-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Yeah GnR did suck majorly, like I said only thing that made it memorable was the riot.

Daeryn
05-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Aside from an assload of local shows...

Moneen (x4)
Alexisonfire (x2)
Thrice
Dashboard Confessional (I swear I got dragged into this :\)
The Get Up Kids
Saves the Day
Coheed and Cambria (x2)

Etruscus
05-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Live
Greatful Dead in 95, Bob Dylan opened
Jazz Mandalin Project

Phish Clifford Ball
Phish Clifford Ball second day
Phish Lake Placid
Phish State College Pa
Phish Pittsburgh
Phish Buffulo
Phish Madison Square gardens
Phish Madison Square gardens second day

Garbage in Montreal - it was pretty cool to see her speak in French

Phish Chicago
Phish hrmm forget the name of the place. Some ski resort in Wisconsin
Phish Hampton, Va (which was made into the Hampton live CD)

Vertical Horizon - free concert at waterside park in Norfolk Va, that was a lot of fun actually

And tons and tons of local bar bands which never went anywhere

Highlightes being The Dead in 95, of course. Phish in 96 at the Clifford ball show2, MSG show2, and Garbage.

Dharrk
05-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Disturbed, Taproot, and Chevelle at Music as a Weapon Tour
HIM with Soil opening up for them

Disturbed was great. Taproot and Chevelle were ok-good. HIM was great. Soil sucked.