PDA

View Full Version : Poor Boston...

Talas
05-03-2004, 06:30 PM
thought they were pretty awesome sweeping the Yankees..

but the Rangers swept them! Someone needs to go comfort Pedro Martinez now that his ERA shot up! And they said Benoit v. Martinez wasn't a fair matchup.. :p

Ubar
05-04-2004, 05:35 AM
Looks like Pedro is leaving anyway. Our Pitching has still been supreme the last two nights with Schilling and Wakefield, but jeebus our bats just cant come together at the right times. Leaving the bases loaded twice last night was just freaken disgusting. 7 innings, two runs, is a damn good outing if only we could hit the damn ball again. It will come...maybe tonight, Lowe typically gets huge run support from the Sox so who knows, but the sooner we get out of this slump the better.

Tarissa
05-04-2004, 07:39 AM
you live in boston ubar? i'm gonna be there in the middle of june

Ubar
05-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Yep Tarissa living in Boston for now :) Shoot me an e-mail (szkola.j@neu.edu) before you are coming, would be nice to meet some EQ people.

Myztlee
05-04-2004, 11:34 AM
You mean Rangers don't suck for a change? Oh wait, not talking about EQ...

Vinen
05-04-2004, 11:53 AM
I hate Boston =x live 20 minutes outside of it, worst traffic ever................................

Ubar
05-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Sucker, driving in Boston :P. I only use my car to leave and return to the city. Its all about the subway to get around the city ;o

I concur, traffic in Boston is horrendous, worst traffic ever.

Coral
05-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Sucker, driving in Boston :P. I only use my car to leave and return to the city. Its all about the subway to get around the city ;o

I concur, traffic in Boston is horrendous, worst traffic ever.

It's not *that* bad.

Then again, I live and work in the burbs.

Vinen
05-04-2004, 09:22 PM
e.e
Friends didnt want to take the T for some reason so we ended up all driving to the Museum of Science. It took us about 2 hours to figure out how to get out of the city when we left. I like how the first signs that they show for a road are like right at the road. Major ones that is that you think they would tell you are coming up about a mile or 2 ahead.

Ubar
05-05-2004, 06:24 AM
Hah, figuring out the streets of Boston is like a giant game. No better way than to just go out and drive, get lost, and figure it out.

Wait, so Coral and Vinen are outside of Boston, Tarissa is moving here. Damn we should all meet up for drinks or something sometime. Never knew that people I played EQ with actually lived around me.

Rika
05-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Im not to far from Boston. Get me some sox tickets and ill come hang out with you!~

Maegwin
05-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Hah, figuring out the streets of Boston is like a giant game. No better way than to just go out and drive, get lost, and figure it out.

Wait, so Coral and Vinen are outside of Boston, Tarissa is moving here. Damn we should all meet up for drinks or something sometime. Never knew that people I played EQ with actually lived around me.
I may be incorrect, but I don't think Tarissa is moving to Boston. He's probably just going to be in the area visiting some friends or something.

Vinen
05-05-2004, 10:41 AM

So figuring out Boston at Night Time is like a Challenge Stage

Buazag Bonesteel
05-05-2004, 11:43 AM
I may be incorrect, but I don't think Tarissa is moving to Boston. He's probably just going to be in the area visiting some friends or something.

From my l33t inside info.....I think it's somewhere in between the 2

Ubar
05-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Im not to far from Boston. Get me some sox tickets and ill come hang out with you!~

I gotto at least one sox game everytime they are in town :P. Go $18 dollar bleacher seats!

Tarissa
05-05-2004, 12:02 PM
From my l33t inside info.....I think it's somewhere in between the 2

This man is correct! Actually I'm staying indefinitely :) Moving there and seeing how things go with my savings from GTMO. Anywhere but here!

Damn, a lot of folks in Boston. We've got to have a party. Had a huge one at my friends place. Great party. Male/Female ratio at 1:1! Much beer, much dank bud!

Tarissa
05-05-2004, 12:03 PM

I second this! Email me at j_bakert@hotmail.com or aim me so we can hook something up (i'll be in mid-june)

Ubar
05-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Great party. Male/Female ratio at 1:1! Much beer, much dank bud!

This is truly a good party, beer, bud, and a 1:1 ratio, damn nice ~

Cardinal
05-06-2004, 10:37 AM
Ya you need to be insane to drive around in Boston unless you enjoy pain. I live about 15 miles S/SW of downtown and work in the backbay area. If you see a picture of the Boston skyline you can likely see my office ! I work in the Prudential Tower, one of the taller buildings in Boston and one that sits out like a sore thumb way away from the downtown area.... also one which happens to have a birds eye view and is in the direct line from Logan Int'l Airport... sometimes unsettling to see the planes take off and head directly for us for awhile.... especially knowing 2 of the planes from 9/11 took off and flew nearly in front of me....;(

Odd how beantown has soo many Hosslings living around it.....

- Card

Tilea
05-06-2004, 04:05 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about the Bruins. You guys need to start watching a REAL sport.

Andriana Duskrose
05-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Like Lacross.

Tarissa
05-07-2004, 05:36 AM
Ya you need to be insane to drive around in Boston unless you enjoy pain. I live about 15 miles S/SW of downtown and work in the backbay area. If you see a picture of the Boston skyline you can likely see my office ! I work in the Prudential Tower, one of the taller buildings in Boston and one that sits out like a sore thumb way away from the downtown area.... also one which happens to have a birds eye view and is in the direct line from Logan Int'l Airport... sometimes unsettling to see the planes take off and head directly for us for awhile.... especially knowing 2 of the planes from 9/11 took off and flew nearly in front of me....;(

Odd how beantown has soo many Hosslings living around it.....

- Card

If you can peel yourself away from EQ you should join the imminent party~

Ubar
05-07-2004, 05:48 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread about the Bruins. You guys need to start watching a REAL sport.

While I like hockey, the Red Sox, just carry so much more emotion than the Bruins. Hockey is great, but its the Bruins...:P

Icehealer
05-07-2004, 10:52 PM
pfft boston/yankee's...go Marines :\ yeah they suck...but FU...they got a moose for a mascot..i mean wtf who wouldnt love a moose for a mascot?

Ice

PS..go Bo-sox

Dharrk
05-10-2004, 01:36 AM
poor red sox wont even make the playoffs

Ubar
05-10-2004, 05:46 AM
poor red sox wont even make the playoffs

Devil speak!!! Its far too early in the season for these negative vibes, in fact its always too early for those words. This is the year, I swear!

Tarissa
05-10-2004, 07:47 AM
Devil speak!!! Its far too early in the season for these negative vibes, in fact its always too early for those words. This is the year, I swear!

Will I get my ass kicked in Boston for being a Yankees fan?

Ubar
05-10-2004, 08:36 AM
Will I get my ass kicked in Boston for being a Yankees fan?

As long as your not an obnoxious Yankees fan you will be fine. The only Yankee's fans that have problems are the ones that go out in the street drunk off their ass and start blabbering how bad the red sox are after a big loss or something. Generally their are no issues as its a "friendly" rivarly for the most part. You should be fine as long as you are not loud and obnoxious :cool:

Cardinal
05-12-2004, 10:02 AM
You should be fine as long as you are not loud and obnoxious :cool: ... but if you were not loud and obnoxious, how on earth could you be a Yankees fan?

- Card