PDA

View Full Version : Slipknot - Subliminal Verses, Vol. 3

Elidroth
05-13-2004, 04:28 PM
OK.. so this little bad boy showed up in my mail today.

1st impression:

It's going to blow some people away, and a few tracks will have the double digit IQ crowd screaming "Sellouts!".

Ignore them.

This thing flat ROCKS. This is not the same band that recorded Slipknot and Iowa. They've grown. Musically. Lyrically. People who don't like Slipknot are going to like this CD. People who like Slipknot are going to LOVE this CD.

I can't even give a track by track observation cause I'm still listening to it again.. It comes out May 25th. Buy it and never let it leave your CD changer.

Eomer
05-14-2004, 07:54 AM
I think you should host a song or two for us to download. Yes I do.

Dharrk
05-14-2004, 08:03 PM
get AIM, IM me Eomer

Eomer
05-15-2004, 12:24 PM
I refuse to get any instant messenger other than ICQ, because I am lazy. And isn't AIM from AOL or something? You should be ashamed!

Dharrk
05-15-2004, 03:11 PM
pfft... your choice sir, I already have the album... PM me

Elidroth
05-17-2004, 04:38 AM
Yeah.. I had the scoop on people for all of 1 day. It showed up on the normal trading locations less than 24 hours after the CD showed up on my door. :-(

It's at the top of the list for me of the 3 cd's. Production is WAY up over Iowa IMO. It's a very solid sounding CD. Good tones all around.

Eomer
05-17-2004, 06:52 AM
Got it off IRC with Dharrk's direction yesterday. It is pretty different from their past stuff, IMO. It's their first CD where virtually every song sounds like "music", I guess. Their other two (maybe there are more that are rare, I dunno), most of the songs were good, but every now and then I found myself thinking that it didn't even sound like music, just random noise. Hell, there are even a few slower songs on it, as well. To me it kind of sounds a bit like Stone Sour, yet good (I thought Stone Sour was pretty mediocre). Basically less screaming and more singing=good, IMO. Only given it a few listens, so I am reserving final opinion, but overall it sounds pretty good. If I remember right, tracks 8 through 12 are all awesome songs.

Elidroth
05-17-2004, 12:11 PM
Personally.. I enjoyed the Stone Sour CD quite a bit.. definitely showed Corey Taylor had more than just screaming in him.

From this CD.. I really like

The Blister Exists
Pulse of the Maggots
Duality
3 Nil

The live show was amazing too. Tons of new stuff happening on-stage getting everyone into the act much more than before.