PDA

View Full Version : Dain Last night?

Dlgoth Riknueth
10-18-2001, 06:50 AM
Someone wanna fill me in on whats up with the Dain? We were waiting for him to pop last night, now I'm hearing Hoss failed a ring war with him?

Sirensa
10-18-2001, 08:38 AM
Dain was not up last night when we tried ring war. His spawn is independant of the mob that we needed to trigger the war script. Unfortunately though our failure reset his spawn to that of a server downage. So unfortunately will be a couple of days.

We had intended to try him a couple nights ago - but someone killed the trigger mob as we were getting ready. Grrr.

I didn't realize Dain was due last night - I am very sorry for inconveniencing you and your guild.

Dlgoth Riknueth
10-18-2001, 10:25 AM
Regardless of not knowing of the spawn time, shouldn't Ring wars be scheduled when its your turn for the Dain? So a failure doesnt result in screwing up another guilds spawn?

Just a thought ;)

Baramos1
10-18-2001, 10:37 AM
Just an FYI. Dain was up the other night (Monday), while L`Malla was in VP.

ML's not going to push for a pass here, but when you're up for a spawn you need to be paying attention.

Sirensa
10-18-2001, 10:46 AM
Actually I am being told now by people who know more about the quest than me that it does not affect the Dain spawn and he should still spawn as scheduled because people were exploiting his spawn by starting the war to make him spawn more quickly.

What exactly IS the Dain's spawn? I had thought it was somewhat random 6-10 days or so?

If he died last time on 10/10 - last night would have put it at 7 days. If he spawns within the next 3 days or so, then our war did not mess up his spawn in any way.

Let's see what happens with this before jumping to the conclusion that we messed him up.

Sirensa
10-18-2001, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Baramos1
Just an FYI. Dain was up the other night (Monday), while L`Malla was in VP.

ML's not going to push for a pass here, but when you're up for a spawn you need to be paying attention.

We checked last night before starting war and he definately was NOT up.

What happened to him then? Does he despawn or did someone kill him?

Dlgoth Riknueth
10-18-2001, 10:48 AM
I was under the impression he was 7 days. how could he have been up monday?

Quintall_ML
10-18-2001, 10:52 AM
Someone despawned him by starting the War from what I understand. Also, heard his spawn can vary as well, and even be a shorter spawn once a War has been successful for the next instance. (I was asking this same question, as I thought he was 7-10 days.)

Baramos1
10-18-2001, 11:04 AM
Yeah, the whole thing is weird.

Plus, we happen to know there is some stealth-dink who keeps despawning the Dain for "fun".

We don't know who it is. =P

Sirensa, you guys gave a lot of notice. I don't think you messed anything up.

Bara

Dlgoth Riknueth
10-18-2001, 11:41 AM
"Sirensa, you guys gave a lot of notice. I don't think you messed anything up. "

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but how is Hoss telling Vind they want to do Dain war last week giving everyone enough notice when it gets postponed for a week?

So I can say "i wanna do sontalak" and then when a week later just before ML sets up I can go kill him and say "hey dude, i gave you fair warning".

Somehow, Baramos, I doubt you'd be saying that if you were the ones up for Dain here..

Baramos1
10-18-2001, 12:07 PM
Actually, Dlgoth, we are up for Dain, strictly speaking.

So this delay fucks us over, yeah. The fact that L`Malla didn't check their spawn fucks us over. The fact that ML is sitting back and not squawking about L`Malla not killing the Dain when he was up, or calling it a pass fucks us over. Dain coulda been dead if you'd been on the ball.

Fact is, Hoss wanted to do their Ring war, and they told everyone on this board their intentions, and hoped not to step on any toes, by providing intent. That shouldn't cause anyone any problems - they can just find something else to do.

As for Sontalak - go ahead old buddy. Take him on any time.

We'll watch and applaud.

Bara

Dlgoth Riknueth
10-18-2001, 01:56 PM
Someone's fiesty today! Sorry if I spit in your pudding big guy ;)

Baramos1
10-18-2001, 02:18 PM
/roar

Yendii
10-18-2001, 05:56 PM
Has anyone let the GMs know that someone is starting the war with no intentions of even trying to win? We knew we were supposed to keep an eye out for the Dain, and I believe you if you say he was up, but someone might have checked on him and he was already killed by the false war.

Good luck with your next try Hoss. The 10-10-10 has to be one of the coolest encounters in the game, I hope they do more stuff like that in SoL.