PDA

View Full Version : Possible problem origination of stars

Lronius de la Mancha
10-20-2001, 03:20 PM
I remember I was checking my post count and stars one night. I was at 449 stars. So I was wondering when I get my next star so I made post 450... when I did this all stars went poof. I didn't see any of them, but I remember seeing them when I was 449. So possible problems, 2 gold star / 450+ post count for 1 user borking it?

If you look on the general pub board you'll notice that I posted on it when it happened way back when, you'll have to dig for it.

vegu
10-20-2001, 04:51 PM
OMG all Lrod's FAULT!

/blame lrod
/blame lrod
/blame lrod
/blame lrod
/blame lrod
/blame lrod
/blame lrod

Ok done blaming lrod =\

Andaas
10-20-2001, 05:25 PM
Quoted from this thread (http://hossguild.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1310):

** User stars were removed recently while I was troubleshooting the other problems listed above. As soon as I get the built in forum features working again, I will reinstate the stars hack. Don't worry, you won't lose your star count status, stars are based on your total post count.

To reiterate the above... I have disabled the stars. They will be back AFTER I fix the other problems with the forums. I don't intend to use hacks with the forum software until such time that the software is working 100%.

Lronius de la Mancha
10-20-2001, 06:24 PM
haha ok. Unless you disabled them recently they were bork to me! Otherwise i'll shut up :D

Andaas
10-20-2001, 07:47 PM
They've been disabled since about a day or two before you first mentioned that they were missing. I even have a post in the general forum stating that (but don't feel like digging for it).

Rest assured, you aren't losing any star status by them not being enabled, as your post count is going up regardless.

Lronius de la Mancha
10-20-2001, 08:32 PM
riddle me this
why are some forums on the old colors, and some forums are on the new colors?

Andaas
10-20-2001, 09:17 PM
All of the forums are set to default to the Hossguild Default style. However, your control panel may have the original Default style set as default.

vegu
10-20-2001, 10:09 PM
riddle me this
why are some forums on the old colors, and some forums are on the new colors?

Doomit Lron found out about our secret "do everything to confuse Lron" Plot :D

Lronius de la Mancha
10-20-2001, 10:18 PM
yeah I must be getting old or something. I went into my control panels since it was like random which forums were oldschool and which forums werent. Just going into the control panel made it save.

Also... Avatar. It saved it to the website? :o I was gonna change it when I noticed I had removed it from the website where I had it at and was like wtf. I'm sure this is normal operating procedure but just noticed.

Um... wut else. Oh My admin access, what gives? I clearly should be an admin so I can cause bugs for you guys to fix :D:D::D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(I'm not the village idiot for nothing!)