PDA

View Full Version : Now This is a Dragon!

Vinen
06-14-2004, 06:10 PM
So, my LS which I thought was going to collapse somehow made a recovery lol ><. Anyhow, today after slaughting about 3 or 4 other HNMs we were bored and decided to mess around with hrmm probably the 4th or 5th hardest HNM in the game. The Great Dragon Fafnir. Well we lasted for about 20 minutes on him, barely denting him got him to about 95% at one point. He has ungodly high regen (Think Phara Dhar).

Ohh, also positioning in FFXI seems just as important as EQ hehe. If he was to be facing away from that wall chances are we would get whacked with a attack called Spiked Flail (some sort of tail whip attack I got hit by it and died from full hp) that will pretty much kill any non Paladin or Defensivly Equipped Warrior. He also has a nasty breath attack that can fry you in on hit also Cone Based AoE from mouth >< that toasted me once yesterday.

Arcius
06-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Fafnir is the rare version of Nidhogg, right? Or is it the other way around?

Vinen
06-17-2004, 04:47 AM
Fafnir is the rare version of Nidhogg, right? Or is it the other way around?

Other way around.

Ransac
06-18-2004, 02:07 AM
oooh Fafnir awesome, im gonna kill HNM's someday lol, ^^

Vinen
06-30-2004, 05:51 AM
Updated~

Video of our second attempt

http://web.mit.edu/psoto/www/index.html

Myztlee
06-30-2004, 09:11 AM
Hope it's more exciting being there in person.

Vinen
06-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Hope it's more exciting being there in person.

Kinda agree with you on that, the videos other then the Fafnir one look rather boring.. Out of those videos I was only in the Windurst M9-2 Video. Having a actual job kills my playtime =/