PDA

View Full Version : Beastie Boys - To the 5 Boroughs

Dharrk
06-30-2004, 02:00 AM
Opinions?

Gave it a listen, can't stand half the tracks. They sound very similar. Although, I will admit I do like a few of them, namely because they are overplayed on the radio and stuck in my head. Just doesn't seem to do it for me like their old classic stuff.

Eomer
06-30-2004, 07:46 AM
I like the album musically, beat wise, that kind of thing. I just think they are fucking awful rappers. Not really their pacing or whatever, just the lyrics themselves. They repeat the same shit over and over again. I can almost guarantee that they use "I rock well" or "rock the crowd well" or "rap well" or whatever a dozen times on the CD. On how many different songs will one of them tell us he is a scorpio? "I'm no roach, I just bought my grandma a new broach" What the fuck does that mean? God the more I think about it, the more I wonder why I myself am not a super famous rap star, cause I could probably write better lyrics than they do.

I actually don't even mind the album that much, it just bugs the shit out of me how repetitive their lyrics are.

Dharrk
07-01-2004, 07:00 AM
They are famous because they are living off their past fame, that and they are white. Like I said, I think its a huge drop from their last CDs.

Vinen
07-01-2004, 08:01 AM
Heard some of it at a store, awful. I agree with what Dharrk said. They are washed up and just living off there origonal music.

Lothbah
07-09-2004, 11:03 PM
God the Beasties blow serious ass. I dont know how many tracks there are on the CD, but I can tell you what all of them are about....

1) Mike D rocks well
2) MCA is 'cold kickin it live'
3) AD Rock is guaranteed to make the beat drop
4) Hey did you forget one of the Boys' names? Pick a random track to hear all three names fifty motherfucking times

ALL OF THE FUCKING SONGS ARE ABOUT HOW THEY ARE SO GOOD AT RAPPING AND YOU SUCK. Yes, thats right the Beastie Boys are good at rapping!!! Both the singles have exactly the same (retarded) meaning, except the verbal diahrrea is 'laid down' to a different beat. I dont know who the fuck requests these songs, especially the first single - Cha' Check it Out - what a piece of shit... Anyway I dont know who requests these songs but they need to be shot and killed. If ANYONE else sent those tracks in to a radio station, they'd get laughed straight to hell. But, Oh my god the Beastie Boys had some good songs back in the day!!!! Yeah and then they released Ill Communication which kinda sucked... And then they released Hello Nasty which really sucked... Wow these guys are cool 40 year old jewish fucking rappers. All the cool kids will like them!!1

Fuck the Beastie Boys for releasing this CD
Fuck the media for giving it good reviews
Fuck the radio stations for playing these songs

-peace

P.S. Especially fuck MCA... He's the worst of the bunch because he always sounds like a 600 pound fatman who just ran up a flight of stairs

Lexoon
07-10-2004, 12:17 AM
owned

Tarissa
07-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Wo there, Ill Communication sucked? The Beastie's first 4 albums were masterful~

After that they should have sort of uh hung up their towel.

Buazag Bonesteel
07-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Wo there, Ill Communication sucked? The Beastie's first 4 albums were masterful~

Dude :confused:

Eomer
07-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Licensed to Ill and Paul's Boutique truly did kick ass. After those two, I dunno which albums came when, I kind of when into a Beastie Boys lapse until Hello Nasty came out, although I never bought that. But those first two were awesome, specially for an eight year old. "OH MY GOD THEY SWEAR"

That was my rap stage when I was young. It also included MC Hammer, Kool Mo Dee, and Vanilla Ice. One for four isn't too bad...

Buazag Bonesteel
07-21-2004, 09:43 AM
Wut....no Ton Loc?? Easy E??

Sometimes it's scary when I think of some of the stuff I've listened to.