PDA

View Full Version : My guitars.

Gwaar
08-03-2004, 01:02 PM
The first 2 are pics of my guitars. The second two pictures show the difference between the scalloped frets on the yellow 57 strat and the standard flat frets on the black washburn. Both guitars are stock except for a few modifications- active emg pickups in the washburn and active dimarzio pickups in the strat. The stratocasters neck has been scalloped as I said before. My amp (can see part of it behind me in the first 2 pictures) is a 1959 SLP vintage 100 watt Marshall head (4 pre,4 post tubes) fed thru a 1960 JCM Lead series Marshall cabinet with celestian speakers. My effects are all done by a Zoom GFX8. I know, more information than this required. Enjoy.

Edit: spelling.

Seraik
08-03-2004, 03:06 PM
PITTSBURGH STEELERS ARE THE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

nwinn
08-03-2004, 03:57 PM
You need some sun! :|

Or, I suppose some self-tanner, he he.

Elidroth
08-04-2004, 07:44 AM
Hmm.. Washburn Dime Signature? Did you get the Strat scalloped or was that a Yngwie model?

I have a couple custom made guitars, THE last Jackson soloist made in San Dimas, a PRS Custom 24 10-top, and one of the new el-cheapo Kramer Baretta's (actually plays very nicely). Kind of on the lookout for an older John Petrucci model Ibanez if I can find one in good condition..

Mesa Boogie Tri-Axis pre-amp, Carvin 100w Poweramp, Yamaha SPX-90 (yeah.. the old 90, not even the mk 2) for the noise makers.

Kirynos
08-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Nice stuff Gwaar :)

Tarissa
08-05-2004, 03:24 PM
jumping in on vanity thread!!

my guitar is more metal than you!!!!

observe loser two computer setup(tm) and big effects rack. also, capo on 7th fret owns you

this is me sleep deprived after helping that loser vestax not succeed in another flag the night before~

Aerothas
08-05-2004, 03:26 PM
That is sexy..

Now about the guitars: Nice 'action' so it seems.

Gwaar
08-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Picture of my amp setup. Note I mic the marshall thru a 1k watt Yorkville PA system. The guitar tone you hear in TS is straight out of the Marshall, pre PA so to speak. Last one is for tarissa. My computer setup next to my amp. If you notice the red and white box for my PA speaker stands in both pics, well you get the idea.

Gemmi
08-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Tari, you kind of remind me of (see the picture it's the one in the front with the guitar and guess who he is). Now you might not agree with that but after hearing some of your songs, I still think what was said about "that guy" back when applies to you as well:

"Anyone back then who heard the sophistication of his songs, and the power with which they were rendered, knew that it was only a matter of time before his break would come. That break arrived late one night when a former high school sweetheart knocked on his door, urgently awakening him from a sound sleep to say that an important music agent wanted to hear him play. ... Though the bar brawls failed to subside, in the soulful beauty of (the) songs, Azoff saw his own future. "Yeah," Irving said to him after his set. "You're the one. I'm ready for the big time. And I think you're ready for the big time, too."

I haven't found a match for Gwaar yet, but Hoss better hope no bands in the making hear him, or we can kiss him goodbye!

Tarissa
08-06-2004, 09:01 AM
Wow, thanks Gemmi... that's Dan Fogelberg isn't it?

Gemmi
08-06-2004, 09:06 AM
*Grins* ... yes, wow you got it fast!

Tarissa
08-06-2004, 09:10 AM
Netherlands is one of my favorite albums :)

BurnemWizfyre
08-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Oh so tempted to post a picture of my flute...

Rika
08-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Oh so tempted to post a picture of my flute...

Your a sicko.

Kuroni
08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Skin flute, right? I'm sure you play it well! :)

Dubb
08-22-2004, 11:25 PM
I've got a whole room of the house full of guitars, sad really. But this is my ESP which I love. Yes, with double super top secret Dubstituted active EMGs. What you won't see is my mic stand with duct-taped-on cupholder for easy booze access. (the mic stand in the picture belongs to b93)

Dubb
08-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Some of you may recognize the international sign for "turn me the fuck up, dumbass sound guy"