PDA

View Full Version : Psst... Don't tell anyone, but...

Vyjra FleshWench
08-04-2004, 10:07 AM
I MADE GM for WOW!! WOOOOOHOOOO!!

I hope announcing this doesn't get me fired before I even start. It's not like I'll be using the same name as a GM. Anyway, I was just too excited to not say anything to some of my old EQ buds. Wish me luck, and don't step out of line, muahahahaha!

Forty
08-04-2004, 10:52 AM
hehe Congrats!!

Vyjra FleshWench
08-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks 40! Wow, you're still around eh? Maybe you should be changing your name to 50 or 60 by now. Hehehehe!

Widespreadd Panic
08-04-2004, 11:35 AM
stfu slut~

Xaxthia~

Elidroth
08-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Does this mean you're going to work in Irvine?

Vyjra FleshWench
08-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Hiya Xax, and Eli yep, going to work in Irvine! It'll be kinda like O.C. Real World. Now if I can just bag one of those hot girls that live in those multi-million dollar track mansions along the coast like in the television show... A boy can dream, can't he? :D

Vinilaa
08-04-2004, 12:43 PM
hehe yay Wenchy!!!!!!

Torrid
08-05-2004, 07:34 AM
Great! Maybe I'll see you soon. GMs like to tell me that I'm ruining the gameplay experience for others

Vinen
08-05-2004, 07:41 AM
Gratz! and hahah Torrid.

Jalynfane
08-05-2004, 08:05 AM
That must have been Torryd that trained me.

Elidroth
08-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Great! Maybe I'll see you soon. GMs like to tell me that I'm ruining the gameplay experience for others

No just your guildmate!!

:D :D

Vyjra FleshWench
08-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Torrid. I hope you're just joking, but from what I've seen so far GMs in WoW don't seemed to get involved in trivial matters like that. Just make sure you play on a racewar or PvP server.

Opposing Faction
This category covers PvP combat between members of the Horde and the Alliance.
The Ongoing Harassment policy does not apply on the PvP server when there is a PvP resolution available. Characters have the ability to deal with their conflicts through combat and Game Masters will only involve themselves in extreme circumstances.
Actions that would typically be considered "dishonorable actions" are considered PvP mechanics and are not considered harassment. (Beta Note: While in beta, GM's will be monitoring behavior closely. If game mechanics or a lack of game mechanic is being abused, a GM may ask that the behavior stop.)
Policies governing general decency are still in effect. Actions such as inappropriate names, obscene language, and spamming, will still be addressed according to our current policies.

Same Faction
This category covers issues between members of the same faction.
Because there are no PvP resolutions between members of the same faction (Horde vs. Horde or Alliance vs. Alliance), normal policies and guidelines will be enforced.
The bottom line is that we want World of Warcraft to be a fun and safe environment for all players. World of Warcraft is an MMORPG, and the key words are "Massively Multiplayer". In playing this game, you will encounter thousands of other players who share different experiences and come from vastly different backgrounds. While certain actions may not bother you, consider the fact that these same actions may be perceived in a completely different manner by those around you. We have done everything we can to make World of Warcraft a great game, but now it's up to you the players, to breathe life into the world. Choose wisely my friends.

As you can probably guess, I'm going to try to GM on a racewar or full PvP server.

P.S.: Hi Vinilaa :)

Twong
08-05-2004, 12:46 PM
grats vyjraergwerski!

:)

(oh ya please pick an easy to spell freaking name thank you! ><)

:D

Ubar
08-06-2004, 08:14 AM
Grats and I agree with Twong. Typing /t Vyrja was such a pain in the ass, it took me forever to learn to spell it.

Vyjra FleshWench
08-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Hrmm, that's odd. It seems to flow on the keyboard pretty nicely. Vyjra Vyjra Vyjra Vyjra Vyjra Vyjra Vyjra... I think the problem lies with you Boobar. :D. Btw, any of you playing WoW beta right now, or any betas for that matter?

Oh, and thanks for the grats Twongwerski . :rolleyes:

Widespreadd Panic
08-06-2004, 11:07 AM
no, but you can get me into wow beta ~wink~ thanks V~ :D :D

/shiver Vyjra

Torrid
08-07-2004, 07:01 AM
Well its the darndest thing. I go to a human town, kill their NPCs, and kill the people attacking me, and somehow I'm the bad guy.

Of course, that isn't against the rules unless your team wipes twice. So when a GM thinks he can make me leave when I havn't yet died twice, I quote the rule to him and he goes away. Fun!

Vyjra FleshWench
08-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Knowledge is power Torrid :D . I've read on the wow boards lately that some people have experienced some inconsistencies in the knowledge and/or application of the rules by GMs. I can only assume that it is a result of an influx of new GMs, since as Blizzard gets closer to release they need to start bringing people in (like me!) to prepare for launch. I'm sure that the issues of consistency will go away over time. In the mean time, I'd keep a copy of the policies by my computer ;). However, that these issues are being addressed in the beta and not months after release is very reassuring in regards to the potiential for this game. I'm extremely excited to see that Blizzard seems to be doing what they need to do to set a new standard for stability, balance, and policy consistency at the release of a MMORPG. Only time will tell!
----
Xax. Maybe. I don't know yet what priveleges or restrictions I'll have being a GM. I'll keep you guys informed. 1 more week! I can't wait!

Talas
08-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Well its the darndest thing. I go to a human town, kill their NPCs, and kill the people attacking me, and somehow I'm the bad guy.

Of course, that isn't against the rules unless your team wipes twice. So when a GM thinks he can make me leave when I havn't yet died twice, I quote the rule to him and he goes away. Fun!

so mean of you to raze towns, Torrid. :(