PDA

View Full Version : Personal attacks

Andaas
10-25-2001, 11:31 PM
This forum is here to try to keep the peace as best we can and to not step on eachothers toes.

Lets try to keep the posts on the topic of mob arrangements and rotations, and guild conflict resolution. This forum is not the place to attack individuals or guilds, or their members.

If I see any further personal attacks, I will remove access from the attacker - this isn't the place for it - don't bring it here.

Baramos1
10-25-2001, 11:43 PM
Andaas -

Your role here in hosting this forum is not to be a censor, or to regulate how people communicate here. The fact that Hoss hosts this forum imparts no special control to you in terms of what we can or cannot say to each other.

Mythic Legion, in fact, proposed a "neutral" IGB after the Seeker board went down for this very reason.

Tempers are going to flare on this board. It's happened from you (you've apologized many times) from me, from the Vind crew, from Thana, Dlgoth, from everyone. I'm not going to be placed into the position where I need to be concerned "what Andaas thinks" because frankly, I don't give a shit what you think.

I will not tolerate an IGB where if I, or even Ciner or Wyvern wants to say "screw you you're an asshole" someone decides to remove peoples' access.

If this is how you intend to run the IGB, then perhaps it's time for Hoss to stop hosting it.

Now, on the other hand, I don't have a problem with keeping generally civil content on this board.

I'm sure as fuck not going to promise it though.

Baramos

Baramos1
10-25-2001, 11:54 PM
BTW, Andaas, I now see the reasons (potentially) for you posting the way you did, and I think you're thinking the right thing in a way, but it's a slippery slope.

I myself have a good notion of where righteous anger ends, and stupidity begins, but my definition is probably different from yours, and then from the next guy's.

Also, maybe I shouldn't have said "I don't give a shit what you think" above, because often I do actually think you have good ideas here.

Anyway, you've been man enough to apologize to me a couple of times on this board, so here's my apology to you for reacting a tad harshly above.

I still feel the same way, however, but perhaps not as vehemently.

Baramos

Andaas
10-26-2001, 12:39 AM
I have been very open in the hosting and administration of this forum, however, there was 1 post made today that had zero bearing on the discussion at hand - and was also the first contribution from that individual to this forum.

It is posts like that I am speaking about.

I realize there will be the occasional post of someone calling another an asshole or jerk. What I am referring to is an attack like the one that was introduced to this forum tonight.

It does nothing to contribute to this forum, however, I agree that censoring things here is a bad thing, and feel that every guild deserves to have their chosen representatives here, and I will refrain from what I said above.

Just trying to look out for the integrity of what this board is for.

Oh, and fill in your "Guild" tag on your user profile Baramos. :p

Dlgoth Riknueth
10-26-2001, 05:10 AM
I think it's always been sort of an unwritten law that we've had here and when it was hosted at the Seekers site to keep the personal attacks down to a minimum if none at all. It gets us nowhere, and tempers outside of the game can easily be pulled into the game, and will eventually lead to actions that will invalidate the purpose of this board.

I think for everyone's sake, we need to keep the discussions to discussions and stop the pot-shots.

Selice-ML
10-26-2001, 05:53 AM
Andaas,

Seeing that the forementioned post has ZERO bearing on any discussions here, and is nothing but flaming, I'd appreciate it if it was just completely deleted.

Tempers flare, and I can understand that, because discussions do get heated, but to post ridiculous nonesense and bullshit from a newcomer, that has nothing relevant to say, has no business even staying up on this board. The post would do nothing but to serve more hard feelings between people and guilds.

Wouldn't you agree?

And guys...please remember...(And this is for EVERYONE on the IGB)

THIS IS A FREAKING GAME! GET OVER THIS IMMATURE "WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU ARE ATTITUDE!" There are REAL people behind that computer screen. People have real feelings, and people feel real anger, joy, and pain. Learn to respect each other...not just on this IGB, but in game as well. Having to listen to some of the smut from other guilds this past week has literally turned my damn stomach. This is a game. We should be enjoying our selves, not going at each others throats like kids gone wild.

Ok. I feel better now :)

Baramos1
10-26-2001, 08:22 AM
Hey !

Why am I not an Enthusiast anymore?

Sirensa
10-26-2001, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Baramos1
Hey !

Guess you've calmed down - bwahahaaha. Or were just demoted.

Hmm.

Regarding Andaas' comments. I am assuming we are discussing Shik. We've always limited access to a select few reps in the past to IGB. This is not a forum where every single officer, past and present of every single guild is automatically granted access.

Clearly Shik has shown that he cannot handle posting maturely here. Vindication has other reps who can. His access should be removed. I think everyone here can agree on that. I'd like to think this IS a neutral forum, as neutral as any forum can be. Someone somewhere has got to control access to any form of forum we have.

*I* am going to remove his access. If the rest of you bitch at me for abusing my board powers, his access can be restored. Somehow, I don't think that will happen.

Selice-ML
10-26-2001, 08:42 AM
Thanks Sirensa :)

Quintall_ML
10-26-2001, 08:53 AM
Thanks Sirensa.

Baramos1
10-26-2001, 09:11 AM
I didn't understand his language anyway.

What's bwah?

Dlgoth Riknueth
10-26-2001, 09:26 AM
"bwah" pwns j00!

Wyvern
10-26-2001, 10:13 AM
Clearly Shik has shown that he cannot handle posting maturely here.

I'm in agreement with this one, and I still dont know how he got access in the first place.

Andaas
10-26-2001, 12:46 PM
Wyvern posted:
I'm in agreement with this one, and I still dont know how he got access in the first place.

I was contacted by Shik who informed me that Ciner had asked him to get access from me, hehe.

Baramos posted:
Hey !

This is due to a weird anomaly with the way I archive posts. I basically copy the entire thread into the archive, then delete all of the posts from the rotation thread in the main forum. When I do this, the board deducts every deleted post from your post count. Unfortunately, the board doesn't add all the copied posts like it should to your post count. :(

Ubar
10-26-2001, 10:01 PM
Thank you Andaas and Sirensa, I am in agreement with wyvern that shik should not have access.