PDA

View Full Version : whut the...?

Sows McBuff
10-27-2001, 12:01 AM
sooo, since tonite's dragons and gods were all GM spawns, do we just not count them in the rotations? kinda unfair for some 1 week static spawns that people had planned around for tuesday or wednesday and were otherwise engaged tonite. thoughts? comments? am i just a retard? :D

Rezz
10-27-2001, 10:16 AM
Good question. According to sources in TR and a couple other guilds, GMs were hopping around popping dead uber mobs in weakened form with different loot, but also popping normal ubermobs that hadn't spawned yet (gore, sev) in normal form. Originally, we had heard that one of these spawned weak ubers was up in EJ (sev) and figured if he's not gonna drop normal loot, may as well kill him and have some fun before he despawns. Well, he wasn't a pussified Sev, and we got our 14 members pwned, were rebuffing for a second try then pulled out after talking to Xewo of GAP. After talking with Sows before engaging, then GAP afterward once we had learned that it was a full rotation mob (NI and GAP apparently traded spawns) and not some GM popped pansy, we extricated ourselves. Any special rules on this that I'm missing, because it would suck ass to kill sev and loot a CRoA and Totem of Widdershins and have that count as my rotation spot. A mob not dropping what you want on it's loot list is one thing, a mob not even having the chance to drop anything from it's normal list shouldn't count as a rotation spot, imo. Btw, Sev was fully normal, CT wasn't.

Xewo
10-30-2001, 01:11 AM
There are different points of views on GM poped mobs, but anyway, Rezz of LM let us (GAP) to kill the Sev after discussion, we really appreciate you guys' (LM) understanding and willingness on letting us to an unexpected pop 8)
By the way, Sev dropped nothing special though.