PDA

View Full Version : SNL last night

Lothbah
10-24-2004, 12:51 PM
Ashley Simpson did a good job on her first song "Pieces of me"

Then for her second set, whoever was holding the tape player, queued up the same song - when she was supposed to be singing her new song. Ashley, caught lip-synching, ran off stage and they quickly cut to commercial.

I thought it was pretty funny. I heard her website has an apology to her fans, wherein she blames her band for "playing the wrong song".

BobDole901
10-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Anyone who thought that first song was a live version is stupider than I thought. What's the point of having singers on Saturday Night LIVE if they are going to lip sync the same song I heard on the radio many times before. I've heard/seen some damn good perfomances on there (Andrew WK comes to mind). SNL is fools for allowing such a "performance" to be on their show.

Lothbah
10-25-2004, 12:45 AM
When I said good job, I meant appeared to do a good job :\

They should at least use another studio recording of the song they are lip-synching to, instead of playing the version thats on the radio.

Reminds me of this one time at a baseball game, some girl was supposed to be singing the national anthem. Halfway through her song they ran out and brought her the microphone. Oops ><

Rika
10-26-2004, 02:33 AM
what a dumb thread =(

Andriana Duskrose
10-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Dumb like a HIM album!

Rika
10-27-2004, 03:34 AM
dont make me rip out your nose ring.