PDA

View Full Version : Hi, looking for tips..

justme50
11-02-2001, 12:29 AM
Hi, I'm looking for some tips on DAOC. I'm looking for what classes are good for PVP/PVE and what's good point/skill distribution because I hear that the manual isn't good for that kind of stuff. I am thinking of a warrior type or a rogue type, but I hear warriors aren't that good for PVP.. so.. if I went with a warrior type what would be the best point/skill distribution? Thanks for any tips :)

Thanks.. and no, you dont know me hehe, but i cant find any good forums, and Lronius seems knowledgable so :>

lilkylor
11-02-2001, 04:10 AM
Rangers/Scouts/Hunters are a good choice for dealing melee dmg from a distance.

Phandaris Willowblade
20lv Ranger/ Hibernia
Galahad Server
~Immortal Fate~

Lilkylor Ravenblade
60lv n00b Assassin
Druzzil Ro

justme50
11-02-2001, 04:59 AM
Say I went with a Ranger or a Scout.. what's good point distrubution and what skills are good to focus on?

Lronius de la Mancha
11-02-2001, 01:24 PM
Well I wouldn't say that.

If you're doing solo hunting then yeah go with a Rogue/Archer class. Since you can hide and not be seen. Only problem with these 2 classes is solo leveling post 20 becomes rough. For a rogue go dex/quick/str. For a scout personally I would do all quickness. The more quickness you have the less draw time per shot. High quickness = faster shooting. So I'd dump all points into that (you can add 18 points) and the remaining point into dex. From there it's your choice. But I wouldn't neglect stealth. Because thieves (like me) can see you if you have low stealth from farther away. Meaning Imma come after you and make short work of ya.

Otherwise in group warfare (higher end pvp) you need your tanks, casters, healers. Everyone becomes important. There is no "oh you suck" in this game. Every class is viable in the pvp arena with their strengths and weaknesses. You just gotta find what you like. Plus for these support classes it is easier to find groups and gain exp than with the previous 2.