BurnemWizfyre
12-08-2004, 12:27 AM
Person in the screenshot is me :)

Aerothas
12-08-2004, 01:09 AM
is WoW that easy?

BurnemWizfyre
12-08-2004, 01:13 AM
No, in 14 days ive spent 10 days online playing grinding and doing quick and easy quest when able. The casual gamer will take 1-2 months, the more casual being 2 months and the lil more then casual a month if not more. Theres so much to do after 60 that being able to mad level like this isnt a problem. Slow tedious level grinds that results in not being able to reach max level even when hardcore is artificial way of prolonging the expierence, welcome to EQ. Blizzard doesnt have those issues.

Qaediin
12-08-2004, 06:40 AM
Now he has to start doing AA points ;)

Vinen
12-08-2004, 07:51 AM
is WoW that easy?

WoW is meant to be top heavy.

Ive personally been taking my time leveling and doing every instance at least once. Hit 40 last night.

Nallick
12-08-2004, 10:01 AM
I have now played both WoW and EQ2.

Wow is much easier to level and the levels go much faster. I am not sure yet if this is a good or bad thing. I guess it depends on the amount of content. Each ding in EQ2 feels like an accomplishment.

I like the quests in WoW better. Alot of people say its to easy with the ! and ? and the descriptions of the quest telling you exactly where to go. However I find that in EQ2 I spend to much time running around/zoning and looking for things.

Both games have great graphics and I haven't had much lag in EQ2.

I have only played EQ2 for a few days and I will have to say that I am having as much fun with it as I had playing WoW. I just hope EQ2 has the content to keep me interested.

Buazag Bonesteel
12-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Having played both games a fair amount now.....I'd have to say that they are both pretty damn good.

EQ2 looks better graphically and seems to have a larger variety of things to do. EQ2 also did a wonderful job of population control with multiple instances of zones so you don't get bottlenecked at certain quests that lots of people want to do.

WoW is a lot less refined seeing as its Blizzards first foray into the true MMRPG. It feels a lot like EQ did in it's infancy. So far though there is plenty to do and even though I thought I wouldn't like a PvP game it does add a certain flavor to the game that's pretty cool. Time will tell if the fun factor remains once you reach the level cap. Whether or not they can continue to add fun content at a fast enough pace to satisfy all the people who manage to hit 60 in a month will decide if this game is a winner or a flop.

Andaas
12-08-2004, 11:32 AM
EQ2 also did a wonderful job of population control with multiple instances of zones so you don't get bottlenecked at certain quests that lots of people want to do.

So you and your friend could be in "different" instances of the same zone (assuming you aren't grouped and are trying to catch up to one another in game)?

Did they leave that silly "no helping" lock on npc's and players engaged in battle? (ie, not only can you not help a non-grouped player kill an npc by attacking the npc, you also can't help them by healing).

Trazz
12-08-2004, 11:43 AM
So you and your friend could be in "different" instances of the same zone (assuming you aren't grouped and are trying to catch up to one another in game)?

Did they leave that silly "no helping" lock on npc's and players engaged in battle? (ie, not only can you not help a non-grouped player kill an npc by attacking the npc, you also can't help them by healing).
I found those issues to be VERY annoying. That's just one of the reasons I canceled my EQ2 account. You would think that the developers would actually LEARN something from the years of EQ1.. The more I played the game, the more I hated it. WoW.. is wow..

Thuggo
12-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Having played both games a fair amount now.....I'd have to say that they are both pretty damn good.

EQ2 looks better graphically and seems to have a larger variety of things to do. EQ2 also did a wonderful job of population control with multiple instances of zones so you don't get bottlenecked at certain quests that lots of people want to do.

WoW is a lot less refined seeing as its Blizzards first foray into the true MMRPG. It feels a lot like EQ did in it's infancy. So far though there is plenty to do and even though I thought I wouldn't like a PvP game it does add a certain flavor to the game that's pretty cool. Time will tell if the fun factor remains once you reach the level cap. Whether or not they can continue to add fun content at a fast enough pace to satisfy all the people who manage to hit 60 in a month will decide if this game is a winner or a flop.

Honestly the consensual PVP in WoW is a blast. For example the other night I'm runnng through the barrens to turn in several items to a tauren who gave me a quest. This Tauren is out in the middle of the barrens with no guards in sight to help him, when I come upon him he's being attacked by a paladin at my level. Now this is a quest NPC so attacking him flags you for pvp. I took this opportunity to ambush the paladin. Long story short Me > Him. I got a new ring out of doing my quest and I did a little dance on his body.

Vinen
12-08-2004, 01:04 PM
Concentual PvP is a blast as Thuggo says.

A few days ago there was some shit going down at the Hunter camp in STV. I was heading over there to do some quests, ended up side tracking to this hunter camp where there was a few alliance. Tossed a Bomb into the camp hitting a few of them (They were level 34-35, I was 39), they rushed me was like 5 of them, I vanished and tossed another bomb, hit evasion and faced up against them, drank a potion and as I was about to die from being swarmed, activated a Goblin Sapper Charge and blew myself up killing 4 out of the 5 Alliance.

Nallick
12-08-2004, 01:11 PM

When you try to zone if there are multiple instances of the zone running it will ask you which you want to enter. So your friend and you zoning in would have to click on the same instance. For example if you click on the bell to travel to antonica it will ask you to select Antonica 1, 2, 3, 4 etc... So I would say to my friend which one to go to.

Yes they still have the "no helping" lock on npc's. At first I didn't like it but I guess its a good way to prevent KSing. Also if the person needs help there is a "yell" key which allows anyone to help you by healing or killing the mob or whatever.

Thuggo
12-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Concentual PvP is a blast as Thuggo says.

A few days ago there was some shit going down at the Hunter camp in STV. I was heading over there to do some quests, ended up side tracking to this hunter camp where there was a few alliance. Tossed a Bomb into the camp hitting a few of them (They were level 34-35, I was 39), they rushed me was like 5 of them, I vanished and tossed another bomb, hit evasion and faced up against them, drank a potion and as I was about to die from being swarmed, activated a Goblin Sapper Charge and blew myself up killing 4 out of the 5 Alliance.

BTW you and Torrid were right about the alliance pvp tactics. Well thank you for calling me a chicken Mr. Level 45 Dwarf Hunter, you are 20 levels higher than me. I'll get right on making myself pvp enabled so you can gibb me in 5 seconds to increase the size of your e-penis. None of them will fight you unless they have a clear advantage in numbers or levels.

Widespreadd Panic
12-08-2004, 03:30 PM
whatever like last week i had a 26 undead rogue and 2 tauren warriors 24 and 26. They were bocking away in front me pally 23 , mage 23 and priest 21. boy did they die without scratching us hardly. they thought they had the advanatge in lvls. horde sucks~

Tarissa
12-08-2004, 03:59 PM
I replied to Andaas, but Nallick already said everything. Except I will add one thing - the lock also prevents power leveling.

The lock and item con levels are great additions. Finally, you have to earn your way through levels. Sure, some players will always suck, and there's bound to be a minor exploit or two, but otherwise, it's really nice.

WoW is sort of unfortunate, it seems like MMORPG light =\

Ryukami
12-08-2004, 04:06 PM
me and 3 other hunters gibbed a couple guys 8 lvls higher than us. I was suprised that they didnt resist spells more but all we had to do was chain snare em and send our pets in....run away from cast range....they had to decide....follow us and kill us, or turn and get the pets while we moved in and pegged em relentlessly with arrows....oh...and then a couple guy about 15 lvls gigher than US came in a gibbed us. So anyway, it goes both ways, I';ve seen a lotta cheap shit from Horde ppl in PvP. In al honesty I think they are more assholes about it than anyone. cant even travel in a neutral area without some prick saying "ooo a NOOB! I'm gunna make him PAY for being 15-20 lvls LOWER than me!". Goes both ways :p

P.S. yes, I've played horde, and yes alliance use cheap tricks too. I never back away from a fight tho!

BobDole901
12-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Honestly the consensual PVP in WoW is a blast. For example the other night I'm runnng through the barrens to turn in several items to a tauren who gave me a quest. This Tauren is out in the middle of the barrens with no guards in sight to help him, when I come upon him he's being attacked by a paladin at my level. Now this is a quest NPC so attacking him flags you for pvp. I took this opportunity to ambush the paladin. Long story short Me > Him. I got a new ring out of doing my quest and I did a little dance on his body.

What you mentioned here is not "consensual PvP." Had you done this in UO you would be known as a noto-pk. That is, someone unknowingly (or knowingly) did an action that flagged them as an agressor (I suppose enabled pvp in Wow), without an intent to actually PvP. You in turn killed him without him being ready. Consensual PvP would be more like if you had seen him attacking the quest npc, then asking him to attack you instead. So apparently gank PK is some people's idea of fun PvP. /shrug

Thuggo
12-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Attacking quest mobs flags you as pvp, so does attacking city guards, or any npc that has the opposing sides banner next to it's name. It wasn't an accident, he did it on purpose in horde controlled territory. He shouldn't have been attacking a quest mob if he didn't want to be pvp enabled.

Torrid
12-10-2004, 04:33 AM
Hunters are so fucking overpowered it's not even funny.

I hit 60 a few hours ago. 10 days 19 hours played. Second 60 on Hyjal. First was a hunter of course. Ever since he reached his late 30s, he all of a sudden was literaly gaining almost 1.5 levels for every level the rest of the classes got. He went from like 20th place to 1st in days.

I wonder who the richest people are. I've made enough for almost 4 mounts now, despite giving all my loot away :P

Vinen
12-10-2004, 07:04 AM

I hit 60 a few hours ago. 10 days 19 hours played. Second 60 on Hyjal. First was a hunter of course. Ever since he reached his late 30s, he all of a sudden was literaly gaining almost 1.5 levels for every level the rest of the classes got. He went from like 20th place to 1st in days.

I wonder who the richest people are. I've made enough for almost 4 mounts now, despite giving all my loot away :P

How the Fuck? I can barely manage to keep like a max of 10 gold. Still trying to figure out how I got a mount in beta.

Thuggo
12-10-2004, 07:09 AM
I had to borrow money from Jalynfane to buy spells the other night. :(

Vinen
12-10-2004, 08:00 AM
I had to borrow money from Jalynfane to buy spells the other night. :(

Ouch, I think its just that I have no income other then cash and item drops from monsters. All my Ore and Stone goes directly to Engineering (260 skill now! cant raise untill I can get to Everlook in Winterspring now to buy some recipes ._.)

Thuggo
12-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Well I chose tailoring and skinning so that's part of my problem. Oooo pretty pattern...... must buy....... Then I end up giving 90% of my skinning products away. But on the bright side I was given about 8 stacks of silk the other night so I have tons of skill ups coming to me.

Maegwin
12-10-2004, 11:33 AM
Skinning and Leatherworking here, people leave so many dead / unskinned creatures laying around it's a veritable gold mine out there for us skinners. Although in the long run I think Leatherworking is not going to be as profitable as say, Mining, since the components are much more readily available.

nwinn
12-10-2004, 01:09 PM
I hope not, Maeg! It's tough to gather up enough things just to keep my skill up to my level. Of course, I started with Alchemy/Herbalism and switched 8 levels ago. :)

Torrid
12-10-2004, 04:02 PM
If you want cash and loot, then grind for exp. As a rogue, I could grind certain mobs extremely well. Yesterday I made about 43 gold in 6 hours grinding through 59. Target low ac/low hp mobs that are low yellow to high green. You can slaughter them en mass.

BurnemWizfyre
12-10-2004, 07:14 PM
If you want cash and loot, then grind for exp. As a rogue, I could grind certain mobs extremely well. Yesterday I made about 43 gold in 6 hours grinding through 59. Target low ac/low hp mobs that are low yellow to high green. You can slaughter them en mass.

45-50, Ogres in Tanaris. 50-54 Ogres in Burning Steppes. Ogres AC blow, my average shot was hugely over the normal shot i do on mobs.

Ryukami
12-11-2004, 12:46 PM

Gatherers are the richest imo. A lot of people I ahve seen are not wasting professions on gathering skills so the gatherers acn ask for whatever they want. There are some people hacking and botting (tho I thought they weer going to program things so you couldn't) and up to this point, Blizzard ahs taken over 400 CD keys away from sploiters doing similar things. TSs TSs TSs. Oh and the fact taht a lot of stuff hunters can solo (HAHA Torrid) drop stuff that sells for 10g +. Right now a friend of mine is 45 and stuff he is soloing is dropping 2haxes selling for 11g to vendors. I have never been able to NOT be able to afford anything I want thus far...and all I do is sell skinning and engineering supplies.

Gwaar
12-13-2004, 06:08 PM
Congrats, now go get a job! =D

Kirynos
12-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Lots of my RL friends are playing WoW, after chastising me for playing EQ. Odd, yet funny, when the tables are turned.

:confuse: