PDA

View Full Version : And then there was silence..

Elidroth
12-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Last night the heavy music world lost an icon, a virtuoso, and inspiration for many including myself. For some unknown reason, a man jumped out of the crowd and killed Darrell Abbot, better known as Dimebag Darrell, formerly of Pantera and now Damageplan.

He was a huge inspiration for my guitar playing over the years and I still cannot believe he's gone. For what?

RIP Darrell Abbot.. you'll be missed.

Dubb
12-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Actually the guy never even was in the crowd. He was outside the club pacing back and forth and only went in after the set started, then rushed straight onto the stage and the shooting took place during the first song. Pretty fucked up. I was talking to someone who lives nearby, and they said the club has basically no security - no metal detector, no patdown - just a couple of bouncers between the stage and the crowd (obviously they didn't intercept the shooter).

At any rate, no matter how it went down, it's pretty shitty.

Eomer
12-10-2004, 09:18 AM
I've never once been patted down or gone through a metal detector on the way into a club. Larger venues for concerts yeah there is some light patting down (generally rugby teams are hired for that), but that's about it. If it was just a regular pub/club type venue, I don't think it's overly surprising that he could get a gun in.

Either way, it's pretty fucked up that someone would do it. Apparently he was a "fan" of Pantera.