PDA

View Full Version : what you do you all do now?

Famor
03-12-2005, 07:18 PM
just wondering what you guys are up to now, I see this place has gotten quiet, probably because Vegar doesn't hang around here much anymore, so there is no one to bitch at.

Tarissa
03-12-2005, 10:34 PM
God I hate Vegar

Ktul
03-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Sometimes I like to put crisco on my vinyl office chair. If I don't my ass and ballz stick to it.

Zappo
03-13-2005, 12:29 PM
i sit at home and think of ways to hate vegar.
i mean...
i sit at home and look foward to spring break, and play bass guitar. by bass i mean a fish guitar. it makes me smell funny but its okay, i guess.

i do this new thing called "studyin" so i don't need to eat cat food in the near future (then i'd have no bass). i think "studyin" is russian for a whales B-hole, but im not sure. i'll get back to you on that one.
I've been downloading GI Joe, in living color, and fragle rock. they bring me much joy in my day. and i leave the house randomly between 9pm and 3 am instead of raiding. the moonlight no longer burns my skin.

at my college they took my pulse (gym class.. in college) and my heart is nearly as healthy as a "well-trained athlete". im doin lots more than this, but this is a big portion, the fish of the dinner.

Kirynos
03-13-2005, 07:38 PM
I sell my body on the street, when I'm not at school, or selling drugs.

:confuse:

Vinilaa
03-14-2005, 04:14 AM
Damnit Kiry stole my line! :zip:

Things with me are pretty much the same. Currently I work in the housing office at my university while I wait to hear whether or not I've been accepted into the MFA program. I'm leaving for South Africa at the end of May and I'll be there till the beginning of August at which time school should be starting again and I'll, hopefully, be working on my MFA and teaching some classes. ;)

Aul is pretty much the same too. But we have two German Shepherds now and have to devote a lot of time to exercising and training them. Those dogs LOVE to run.

How are you?

Eomer
03-14-2005, 06:48 AM
Well, last night I made the mistake of installing CivIII on my computer. Ended up playing till 3am not realizing what time it was. Ugh, I feel awesome today. God that game can burn time fast.

Otherwise, working mostly, experiencing the joy of selling my place (after experiencing the joy of selling my car last fall, woo). What a pain in the ass.

sendain
03-14-2005, 07:26 AM
Well lets see been playing Eq again full time aside from that been building anew house what a night mare.

Thuggo
03-14-2005, 09:32 AM
I am busy stockpiling canned food and shotguns on my Colorado paramilitary compound.

Buazag Bonesteel
03-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Hiya Famor you fugly bastard :D

I spend 12+ hours a day haunting message boards. It's my goal to be like Eomer ;)

Tarissa
03-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Hiya Famor you fugly bastard :D

I spend 12+ hours a day haunting message boards. It's my goal to be like Eomer ;)

wtf dave why you never pick up your phone

Eomer
03-14-2005, 01:21 PM
pfft, you can never match my prowess!

Bram
03-15-2005, 01:46 PM
What do I do?

Well, I build online training for whatever client is paying the bills on any given day.

That takes up the majority of my days.

Oh and I try to forget smelly ogres and their halfling pals.

Every once in awhile I waste time on WoW but I don't have the motivation to play it for six hours a night.

Vinilaa
03-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Hi Bram! :p

Daisiee
03-15-2005, 05:17 PM
I do the least amount of work possible to avoid being fiired.

Aindayen
03-15-2005, 07:46 PM
I do the least amount of work possible to avoid being fiired.

I.E. Daisiee gets to be the boss.

Ain

Bram
03-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Hi Vini. Hope all is well.

Elidroth
03-16-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm building the next game all of you will want to play.

BurnemWizfyre
03-17-2005, 01:27 AM
I'm building the next game all of you will want to play.

So you mean WoW with dumb fucks like rob pardo demanding that every purposed change be brought to him before its allowed to go in, and a wow that actually patches more then once ever 4 months and a wow that doesnt totally fucking suck with itemization???

Buazag Bonesteel
03-17-2005, 06:08 AM
Yeah I have to admit that if i have a problem with this game it is the lack of patching. Oddly enough the patch thing I'm most looking forward to is a recipe to turn thick leather into rugged.......something that apparently they just forgot to put in originally since it doesn't make any sense not to have it.

Tarissa
03-17-2005, 09:46 AM
So you mean WoW with dumb fucks like rob pardo demanding that every purposed change be brought to him before its allowed to go in, and a wow that actually patches more then once ever 4 months and a wow that doesnt totally fucking suck with itemization???

Oh Burnem, the more the game changes, the more you stay the same!

Elidroth
03-17-2005, 07:18 PM

Actually no.

I mean this:

http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1391

Argonah
03-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Hook up the betas! =p

Been saying it for a long time, but VanGuard is so definitely going to be the real EQ(2) killer.

Tarissa
03-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Hook up the betas! =p

Been saying it for a long time, but VanGuard is so definitely going to be the real EQ(2) killer.

Oh brother, not another "killer" prophesy. As if EQ2 needed any help killing itself.

Gheltire
03-18-2005, 07:43 AM
just remember Elidroth

QUIVERS GO ON THE BACK NOT IN MY FRIKKIN INVENTORY SLOTS!!!

thanks!:)

Thuggo
03-18-2005, 08:15 AM
Yeah give me a beta invite fooker.

Argonah
03-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Oh brother, not another "killer" prophesy. As if EQ2 needed any help killing itself.

Well, it is.

For those of us not sold on the cartooney style of WoW, VanGuard is the daddy.

Eomer
03-18-2005, 12:53 PM
It's been shown time and again that the only thing that kills an MMOG is itself. Whether that's by killing itself off the bat with a shoddy release (say, AO, although I hear they're doing alright now), or poor changes or lack of content later on after a successful release (DAOC I think? Never tried it), or just the game itself getting very long in the tooth (UO, EQ). So far, there hasn't been a MMOG that's come out and "killed" a previously released one. I'd be willing to bet that even WOW didn't have that big of an impact on say, EQ, Eve Online, AC2, DAOC, COH, or nameyourMMOGhere's subcription numbers. Maybe in the long term one game can siphon some people off another, but that's probably rare and unlikely due to the nature of these games. People don't want to just abandon all their hard work because another game has a cooler quest system or better tradeskills.

Gheltire
03-18-2005, 01:27 PM
I think you could argue that EQ bled a ton from UO, mostly from people who were not into the d3wd thing and pink PK cloaks roaming through dungeons for unsuspecting soloer's....EQ offered something completely new, 1st person play...and the ability to toggle the red "kill me" target on your back.

The games after EQ though are just branching from that point...there's not a really A single concept that you can point to for AO, WOW, DAOC, SWG, etc that is revolutionary...so the fact that we don't move on I think is more of a horizontal thing...if UO to EQ was a vertical jump, all the movements we've made the past couple years have been horizontal....if it's horizontal, and I'm not really changing my gameplay much by going to X Y or Z, there's almost no point...it's just different graphics, maybe a different vision (tm), or whatever...almost like extended expansions for MMORPG rather than a tree for EQ or whatever

So theyre not going to bleed much from the same pool of MMORPG guys...I bought two WoW accounts but kept one EQ one (cancelling other three), but net total I'm still paying about the same to play about the same game, with slightly different structure. When The Next Best Thing comes along and is vertical, expect the UO/EQ migration...right now we're all just milling around waiting for that leap.

Gryfalia
03-25-2005, 09:01 AM
Well, last night I made the mistake of installing CivIII on my computer. Ended up playing till 3am not realizing what time it was. Ugh, I feel awesome today. God that game can burn time fast.

Otherwise, working mostly, experiencing the joy of selling my place (after experiencing the joy of selling my car last fall, woo). What a pain in the ass.

Best game series EVER.

Must..resist..putting..CD..in..again..

Playing WoW, just for the record. But not too much..;-)

Gryfalia

Thuggo
03-25-2005, 09:57 AM
The power of Rome: Total War (http://www.totalwar.com/community/rome.htm) compels you!

Vinilaa
03-25-2005, 10:11 AM
The power of Rome: Total War (http://www.totalwar.com/community/rome.htm) compels you!

hmm I'll check it out!

Ubar
03-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Haha, Eli your working on V:SoH? Congrats Man, make it a rocken good game. Well I am sure it is going to be amazing, I followed it up till this summer when I sorta trailed off because I was in Europe...anyway...I am playing WoW now, and I must say, PvP adds such a huge element to MMO's, it is so much fun.

Ubarx
Shadowmoon

If anyone wants to find me that is how. It is fun, I am a shadowspec'd priest, I love it and I love PvP! Hope everyone is doing well =)

Elidroth
03-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Haha, Eli your working on V:SoH? Congrats Man, make it a rocken good game.

It was already a VERY good game design before I got there. I'm still blown away by the things I find in the design docs that are actually in game. Of course.. I can give away no Sekret Sauce(tm) but trust me on this.. Vanguard is the game you'll all want to be playing.

Vinilaa
03-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Who is Rob Pardo? :eek:

Ktul
03-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Who is Rob Pardo? :eek:

omg it's TUL!

Buazag Bonesteel
03-27-2005, 06:33 AM
Definitely looking forward to Vanguard. I've seen just enough about it to get me excited......but I'm trying to not get too informed heh......the more I don't know about it the more "wonder" will be in the game for me.