PDA

View Full Version : Today's patch highlight

Loralana
11-07-2001, 08:47 AM
Sure, the ability to become an orc pawn on PvP servers is going to be what everyone immediately bolts to do (I imagine there will be 753 orc pawns running around G Fay on the average PvP server during the first peak time, with 3 or 4 level 50+ PCs running around and killing all the fools), but they have another change that's long overdue.

Group buffs will now be targettable, so you can target any one person in the group, and all group members are in range of that person will receive the group buff. No more passing around druids for PotG, circles or regen, Enchanters for GRM or even group c2 (I need 59 ;) ), shaman for Shadoo, rangers for CoP, etc, etc. It won't cover heals, so the cleric's AE heals/cures won't get this benefit.

Other neat things......

Possibly fixed the corpse bug (or at least worked around it) that seems to plague every ToV raid I've ever been on. If your corpse is at the zone in after getting stuck in a wall, it can be summoned using /corpse from anywhere in the zone. Hopefully that'll apply to people that have /consent also.

Eomer's bp from last night can be exchanged for a working one. :)

Added light blue consider, so now you don't have to guess if a greenie will give you exp, because it won't.

Took out trivial loot code (omg, I'm going to camp the king of The Warrens, RIGHT NOW!)

Now you'll see how many hps you're healed, or that you heal someone else.

One thing of note that kinda sucks....

Can only bind at the entrances to Kael, so no more binding in the Arena. Of course the advantage of that is no getting caught in a death loop there (those aren't fun).

Overall, it seems to be a pretty nice patch.

Tilea
11-07-2001, 01:10 PM
Playing a monster is hard, you know. I managed to get my large rat to level 2 with some decent melee skills then some dr00d nuked me :(

Loralana
11-07-2001, 01:23 PM
Well...

I never said I wasn't going to be one of those orc pawns...

:D

Or maybe I'll be a gnoll pup, with the hopes of one day becoming (drum roll please) Fippy Darkpaw!! Of course I would immediately path right into the guards to be killed within one second. :rolleyes:

Elidroth
11-08-2001, 10:48 AM
I wound up a Kerran Monk last night.. lvl 12. Was REALLY funny..

I haven't been lucky enough to get into a caster yet though.

Been a lvl 1 snake SEVERAL times.. hehe.

My favorite though:

A Rabbit in Stonebrunt Mountains. I SO wanted to level him up high.. sit in a cave and recreate the rabbit scene from The Holy Grail

Rhedd
11-08-2001, 10:50 AM
I was a decaying skeleton

jgable
11-08-2001, 11:05 AM
lvl a pc and a monster on PVP and use them together .... would be a odd sight

dro0d_01 hits you for 2 points of damage
moss snake _184 strikes you for 4 points of damage

Phaelon
11-08-2001, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Elidroth
A Rabbit in Stonebrunt Mountains. I SO wanted to level him up high.. sit in a cave and recreate the rabbit scene from The Holy Grail

ROFL!!

Its just a rabbit!

Raedon
11-08-2001, 12:08 PM
Tim: "Follow, but follow only if ye be men of valor! For the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so fowl, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of four fifty men lie strewn about its lair! So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage, or your strength, come nay further, for death awaits you all . . . with nasty big pointy teeth!"

Tim: "There it is!"
King Arthur: "Where?"
Tim: "There."
King Arthur: "What, behind the rabbit?"
Tim: "It is the rabbit!"