PDA

View Full Version : Stuipd microphone issue

Dale
11-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Ok so I have a Plantronics DSP-500 headset (basically a headset with a microphone that comes down). There's software for it available, but it isn't really XP compliant because it's supposedly plug-n-play. But for some reason, it isn't reading any output from my microphone. I used to use TS constantly and had no issues, but now it's jacked up. Not sure what I did or was done, but I've tried uninstalling the program, reinstalling, etc. I forgot how to remove the drivers themselves, but considered doing that then plugging it in after a reboot. /shrug, any suggestions or other run-in's with this issue?

aganan
11-14-2005, 05:27 PM
I have a two plug headset too -- one goes into the line in (microphone jack), and the other connects to the audio out. The "Volume" tray icon should contain settings for both input and output (and can be muted) and the "Sound Recorder" accessory is capable of testing both directions.

So...I'd check the plugs, check the volume controls, and then check by making sure that the sound recorder accessory is working properly.

Aindayen
11-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Dale your using the right end to talk in right? Just looking out for you sir :eek:

Ain

Kirynos
11-14-2005, 10:23 PM
If you talk to Dale, you might get Pinkeye.

:confuse:

Fenudwin
11-15-2005, 11:46 AM
I use a Telex H-831 USB mic, I love it. Not sure if it's still made or there's a newer model