PDA

View Full Version : Forty, ITS ON!!! :D

Twong
12-03-2005, 06:12 PM
GL to your Horns, of course, im hoping for a repeat of what we did to OK last year...

:D

Forty
12-04-2005, 03:16 AM
GL to your Horns, of course, im hoping for a repeat of what we did to OK last year...

:D

Thanks...I hope we give USC a better game than OU did as well. This is the kind of game Texas likes to play in. I think we will, but will depend on whether VY and company press to hard to make big plays instead of just playing. If we press too hard, I see us making too many turnovers.

Trevlen
12-05-2005, 06:47 AM
Just talkin about this at work...

Who ever scores the most points is gonna win.

Texas' defense isn't gonna stop Reggie Bush. USC defense isn't gonna stop Texas' offense. Vince Young, Taylor, Charles.... gonna be a high-scoring game. May come down to who ever has the last possesion of the game.

My Prediction ( for what its worth):

\ ,, / - 49
USC - 47

Dakyras
12-05-2005, 07:22 AM
You honestly think the horns can beat USC? They are a good team... but not that good. Fear the Pac-10!

Thinkin a 21 point spread.

Forty
12-05-2005, 09:40 AM
You honestly think the horns can beat USC? They are a good team... but not that good. Fear the Pac-10!

Thinkin a 21 point spread.

Texas has a better defense (faster) than anything USC has faced and Texas has faced defenses as good or better (especially Ohio State) than what USC has.

Texas' weakness will be the outside pitch, been a tad slow there all year although it usually comes in the form of the option. Bush's speed makes up for the lack of options. USC will be able to get some yardage off this. And maybe the short in-slants in the lanes between the LBs and secondary. I would expect USC to do motions to draw the LBs out of the lane. What will help is if Texas sees this and has the DE's drop back to fill in the lanes. They've been good about this but inconsistant. USC, I don't think, has faced a team with the overall team speed Texas has on defense. Having said that, I think the Texas LB's will be pressed to handle Bush coming out of the backfield. USC is really good at "dumping" the pass off to the RB's when the WR's are covered.

USC has a solid defensive front line but LB's and secondary (especially LB's) seem a tad too slow for the Texas running backs and receiving corp. Texas has faced this kind of defense all year. USC hasn't faced a duel-threat quarterback or running game on the same level as Texas. The Texas coaches will let let VY be VY again and he could slash the USC defense for solid yardage. The key for the Texas offense will be to just play and not try to force plays to happen. They do that, I see Texas having a very good game offensively.

If both teams bring their A-games, it will be a shoot out. I see Texas stopping the USC offense more times but also Texas has the chance to turn the ball over more (especially tipped passes that turn to INT's).
Special teams could make the difference when all said and done. Texas has the edge on that, I think.

Angelie
12-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Texas has a better defense (faster) than anything USC has faced and Texas has faced defenses as good or better (especially Ohio State) than what USC has.

Texas' weakness will be the outside pitch, been a tad slow there all year although it usually comes in the form of the option. Bush's speed makes up for the lack of options. USC will be able to get some yardage off this. And maybe the short in-slants in the lanes between the LBs and secondary. I would expect USC to do motions to draw the LBs out of the lane. What will help is if Texas sees this and has the DE's drop back to fill in the lanes. They've been good about this but inconsistant. USC, I don't think, has faced a team with the overall team speed Texas has on defense. Having said that, I think the Texas LB's will be pressed to handle Bush coming out of the backfield. USC is really good at "dumping" the pass off to the RB's when the WR's are covered.

USC has a solid defensive front line but LB's and secondary (especially LB's) seem a tad too slow for the Texas running backs and receiving corp. Texas has faced this kind of defense all year. USC hasn't faced a duel-threat quarterback or running game on the same level as Texas. The Texas coaches will let let VY be VY again and he could slash the USC defense for solid yardage. The key for the Texas offense will be to just play and not try to force plays to happen. They do that, I see Texas having a very good game offensively.

If both teams bring their A-games, it will be a shoot out. I see Texas stopping the USC offense more times but also Texas has the chance to turn the ball over more (especially tipped passes that turn to INT's).
Special teams could make the difference when all said and done. Texas has the edge on that, I think.
Forty, I'll take you to BJs and a pitcher of Hefenweizen if Texas even scores within 14 points--at the end of the game ...(same place as last time) There's no way Texas will beat USC... I'm almost willing to bet Aindayen's first born :smile:

Gheltire
12-05-2005, 07:14 PM
I think they have the secondary to shut down leinart, but not the linebacker core to handle bush

in the big 12 title game, Texas ran M Griffin at safety and let the rest of the DB's run a lot of man, because colorado has such a great TE group...I think UT will run something similar, not really a nickel and not really a completely a spy, but putting huff on bush. This gives UT a guy who can cover bush on the pitch, option, flat, circle, and streak/corner/post type of routes. Not a Deion lock down by any means, but the man rushed for 228 in the first half against UCLA, theyre going to have to do something like the Ted Williams shift here to contain him....Leinart checks down really well and an LB isnt going to be able to handle Bush on a pass route for more than 3 seconds. We take Huff away from the secondary coverages, but I'd rather Leinart beat the other 3 guys in our secondary (who as a unit are second only to Miami IMO) than having our DB's continually tackling Bush 15 yards down field after a pitch or flat route.

what would rock about that is you would then have the Heisman winner against the Thorpe award winner (well potentials but both have it I think). That's a helluva matchup. (and coincidentally the one that we should have seen last year with Leinart/Bush vs Carlos Rogers from Auburn but I digress:P)

travoid
12-06-2005, 02:38 AM
yeah dak, all about the pac 10!
too bad my cougs tied for bottom rank... at least we beat the huskies!

Gwaar
12-06-2005, 12:45 PM
They are both great teams but imo texas didn't beat anyone this year. I mean they only beat Ohio State because their tighend has butter fingers. Will be fun to watch either way.

Forty
12-06-2005, 01:30 PM
They are both great teams but imo texas didn't beat anyone this year. I mean they only beat Ohio State because their tighend has butter fingers. Will be fun to watch either way.

Guess it's all in your defination of "anyone". Using what-ifs can also work both ways....what-if the refs threw a flag on Carroll (the son) for being out of the coaches box after Leinart's fumble, what-if the refs had thrown a flag on Bush for illegal assistance. In that second case, the flag and the fact that time was out would have meant a USC loss and we'd most likely being talking about Penn State instead.

According to Jeff Sagrin, Texas has played and beaten 1 Top-Ten team and 3Top-30. USC has just one more with 2 Top-Ten and 4 Top-30 totals. SoS is also pretty close. I'm not that convinced that ND is a Top-Ten team either. So I see it that we both played only one legit Top-Ten team.

RATING W L SCHEDL(RANK) VS top 10 VS top 30
1 Texas 101.98 12 0 74.41( 33) 1-0 | 3-0
2 USC 101.15 12 0 76.37( 20) 2-0 | 4-0

gaelon
12-06-2005, 03:53 PM
I am so fed up with the country seeing UT as an underdog.. the year that OU made it to face LSU I thought it should have been Texas and USC. It's finally come down to that game, and I think there is a real eye-opener for the nation at hand. Vince Young and the horns are the best thing UT has seen in a long time, and were it not for OU handing us our asses for the last four years we would have had real shots at the big game.

I am a bit biased being from Austin, but now that I'm up in Chicago there is hardly a mention about this team on any sports show around, and that's probably because for some dumb reason everyone wants to hear about the bears all day and all nite so Rome's show gets pushed to 11pm every day. Don't get me wrong I love the Bears this season. Getting to watch Vasher do what he's always done to pros is super cool. Hopefully Benson will heal up and in time do some real damage for the offense. But back to the Horns.. Look for a close game, but Texas is the better team. If it weren't for Reggie Bush what would USC have? Seriously, and I'm not jumping on a bandwagon with the recent Leinart bashing. I've never liked him. My buddy (who's a big Notre Dame fan) and I were looking at Brady Quinn's numbers compared to Leinart's for this year and Quinn's were better all around. Of course Vince wasn't anywhere near them in passing, but his running is outstanding. He looks like he glides across the field, and he makes people miss.. just flat out miss him.

That said, anything can happen in college ball. The wife and I live and die with our Horns, and frankly I'm sick of not getting the recognition they deserve. I talk to people up here, and sure they are rooting for them now, but only because they are pissed that notre dame lost that game this year and they hate USC.

HOOK EM!

Forty
12-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Try living in LA!!

I would have been more impressed with Reggie Bush's 513 total yards if 135 of it wasn't from the SEVEN kick-off returns, SIX of which were from Fresno State scores. If he had, say, three kick-off returns and the same 135 yards it would have been a different story. That's an average of just under 42 yards a return. But 135-yards on seven kick-off returns is a mere 19.3-yards a return. Hardly noteworthy when taking a knee in the endzone gives the team a 20-yard return.

Angelie
12-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Forty, I just want a bbq chicken chop salad mmk? Thanks!

Vidmer
12-06-2005, 06:25 PM
I can't help but think of the old addage "offense wins games, defense wins championships." Texas has the better defense in this game and USC's offense isn't that much better than Texas's.

I'm expecting a score like 34-27.

/just wishing he was Pasadena bound
//maybe not so much anymore

Gheltire
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
quinn doesnt have bush in the backfield demanding the ball and he has a kickass wideout too though:)

if you go back to 2004 leinart, after williams left and when Bush was jus ta sophomore there's the number one draft pick QB...now he's just a team leader waiting for the texans to trade him somewhere for an entire offensive line.

gaelon
12-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Maybe he'll end up in Green Bay so I can watch my Bears defense kick his ass all over the field for then next 5 or 6 years.. ooo I'd love that lol.

I guess he's been impressive in alot of ways. Bush really just sorta stole his spotlight is all. Either way the only thing that really matters is who can play on Sunday so that remains to be seen.

What I'm really anxious to see is Leinart and Young going head to head in a few years in the pros. I may be biased, but I'm still entitled to my opinion, and I think given the right guidance and training that Young could be an outstanding pro while Leinart can have a good career. We'll see tho.

Right now everything is speculation lol..

oh, and I used to be a Young hater.. I would scream at my TV at Mack Brown.. PUT MOCK IN THERE!! WE NEED A POCKET PASSER THIS RUNNING CRAP IS FOR THE BIRDS!! and so on lol.. but watching his progression over the last three years has been amazing and I'm so glad Texas let the coach do his job hehe.

Forty
12-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Section 16 Row 12 (23 rows up). Goal line seats, not the best but it's in the stadium.

Look for me, I'll be the dude wearing Burnt Orange.

Gheltire
12-16-2005, 03:52 PM
woot have fun forty:)

Twong
12-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Section 16 Row 12 (23 rows up). Goal line seats, not the best but it's in the stadium.

Look for me, I'll be the dude wearing Burnt Orange.

Wow nice, how much those bad boys set you back?

Vinilaa
12-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Wow nice, how much those bad boys set you back?

It doesn't matter, 40 has $$$$ :eek: :o :p

Andriana Duskrose
12-19-2005, 03:13 PM
It doesn't matter, 40 has $$$$ :eek: :o :p

Whoooooooaaaa there! Down grrl! The man is married.

Tarissa
12-19-2005, 04:29 PM

moneyclips are like salt licks for female humans!

Forty
12-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Mmm, The Salt Lick....wish there was one around here. =/

Twong, got the tickets at face value.

Gheltire
12-19-2005, 07:14 PM
you're in California...it's either taxed or tofu!

Talas
12-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Hook 'em

Kirynos
12-19-2005, 07:27 PM
did someone mention hookers?

:confuse:

Andriana Duskrose
12-19-2005, 08:17 PM
did someone mention hookers?

Where?!

Skaara
12-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Where?!

Over There!

Khael
12-20-2005, 03:07 AM
Over There!
You do know that pointing doesn't work over the internet, yes? :D

Gheltire
12-20-2005, 05:28 AM
theres a networking/routing joke to be made here

Vinilaa
12-21-2005, 01:30 PM

I know he's married... sheesh.

I was just stating a fact... That kind of stuff doesn't impress me anyway...

Much.

Now go get a recording contract so I can /stalk you. :tongue:

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aindayen
12-21-2005, 02:57 PM
moneyclips are like salt licks for female humans!

WTF is a salt lick?

Ain

Angelie
12-21-2005, 03:18 PM
WTF is a salt lick?

Ain
salt, tequilla, and lime ftw...

Andriana Duskrose
12-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Now go get a recording contract so I can /stalk you. :tongue:

I have one already. I called up my guitar player, who also happens to be the owner/operator of The Physics Laboratory (http://www.thirdpersonview.com/the_physics_laboratory.swf) (don't click the link if you use Mozilla though) and asked, "Hey, Terry, can I have a recording contract?."

To which he replied, "Yes."

So, I guess I need to go file a restraining order on you now.

Abyori
12-21-2005, 04:22 PM
WTF is a salt lick?

Ain

Vinilaa
12-21-2005, 06:48 PM
I have one already.

I guess I should have stipulated "a recording contract that's worth millions of dollars..." :o :zip: :angel: :eek:

This is a salt lick...

http://www.ranvet.com.au/images/saltl.jpg

Trevlen
12-22-2005, 07:17 AM
WTF is a salt lick?

Ain

Salt Lick (http://www.saltlickbbq.com/)

Read this thread, made me hungry. Went there last night so I could rub it in :)

Gotta be the best BBQ in Texas.

gaelon
12-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Ya the salt lick is a great eatery.

A salt lick is a yellow thing that I believe cows lick on. I haven't actually seen one since I was a little kid when my grandpa had cows, but that's what comes to mind.

Skaara
12-22-2005, 06:14 PM
A salt lick is a yellow thing that I believe cows lick on. I haven't actually seen one since I was a little kid when my grandpa had cows, but that's what comes to mind.

a salt lick is a large block of salt that cows lick to prevent bloating. they come in many colors, purple being a common one around here. I had a pet cow when I was little, it didnt use the salt lick, bloated, then died as a result. :(

Kirynos
12-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Do you have to force it to lick it? Maybe it didn't like the color...

(I'd not lick anything purple and salty either...)

Skaara
12-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Texas wins. =P