01-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Way to go Vince Young!! :)

Andaas
01-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Wow, what a fucking great game.

Way to go Texas!!!

Gheltire
01-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!best Fucking Game Everwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo

Skaara
01-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Awesome game.

Talas
01-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Hope my Longhorn cap matches my khaki's and polo shirt tomorrow...

Gheltire
01-04-2006, 09:47 PM
haha I will be wearing mine tomorrow too..I wore my UT shirt today and everyone gave me shit...."what are you going to do when you get stomped tonight?"

"well I think I'm gonna toss my Longhorn sticker on the hood of my car and drive around the building a couple times yellin Hook'em!, Bob"

that and I think everyone needs a new screensaver tomorrow

maybe an hourly server update message regarding the score, the ABC crew awarding the USC fullback the MVP award with 6 minutes to go and UT down by 12, and Matt Leinart being a kindof graceless loser.

Seriously though, Forty, I know you paid to be there....if TX doesnt get that last 4th and 5, I bet anything even with the loss, would you have been at one of the greatest TX games ever? WTG UT and USC pretty much what everyone could have hoped for hype wise.

BobDole901
01-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Pffft...Matt Leinart said it himself. USC was the better team, Texas just made the big plays when they count.

Ha ha I'm kidding. Leinart is a jackass. That was a great game and the better team came out on top.

PS. OSU/Miami is still the greatest BCS national championship game ever.

PPS. Only 8 months and 5 days to go!

Gheltire
01-04-2006, 10:05 PM
since when has Oklahoma State beat anybody worth a damn?!

oh! without that THE in front of OSU I got confused!

Man they beat the hell outta the Irish, no doubt. I think most of this years big games were pretty damn entertaining. (exception of Auburn not showing up)

AND I bet that some USC guys would differ from our opinions on the greatest games ever but we are significantly biased:)

Twong
01-04-2006, 10:48 PM
It was a great game, and it was the turnovers in the red zone that killed USC.

Grats to Texas, VY played a great game, grats to USC as well, for the run they've had, and for the game they played tonight.

Till next year!

:)

Angelie
01-05-2006, 11:09 AM
/bowdown to Forty

Trevlen
01-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Just talkin about this at work...

Who ever scores the most points is gonna win.

Texas' defense isn't gonna stop Reggie Bush. USC defense isn't gonna stop Texas' offense. Vince Young, Taylor, Charles.... gonna be a high-scoring game. May come down to who ever has the last possesion of the game.

My Prediction ( for what its worth):

\ ,, / - 49
USC - 47

Damn i am good. I was a little high on the score but pretty close and it came down to the last possesion of the game. I watched this from a bar in austin......Austin was a mess til about 3 this morning.. loved every second of it.

Forty
01-05-2006, 12:28 PM
My whole body is sore. Hands hurt, I think I high-fived half the state of Texas. Legs hurt from the walk and standing all game. My calf cramped but after a few IV fluid infusions I was ready to go. My ribs are sore from yelling and hugging and mauling anyone in Burnt Orange. And my head hurts for some reason, not sure why though.

In the stadium it looked like it was 50/50 Texas-USC fans. Outside the stadium it was Texas fans everywhere. Walking through the gates you would have thought it was a Texas home game.

There were missed opportunities on both sides and horrible officating that went both ways. But the key stat for me was:

4th-Down efficiency
USC 1-3-33%
Texas 1-2-50%

gaelon
01-05-2006, 03:35 PM
We had a little party in our Chicago apt. I cooked some southern style steaks and hot links, and some freakin hot ass queso dip hehe.

Got drunk as shit and lost my voice to all the screaming.. that was truly amazing. I'll be getting chills for months over that one.

And Matt Leinart.. well we'll see when they face each other again in the pros. Hopefully that's not next year although I really wouldn't mind seeing Young go to Houston.. I need a pro team to cheer for from Texas, and I hate the Cowboys.

WTG Texas :)

Gheltire
01-05-2006, 03:56 PM
That's good to hear Forty about the bipartisan nature of the fans....because ABC could have picked up a thing or two

off the top of my head we had

the scoreboard flashing congrats to USC for the 2006 National Championship
Leinart beginning his post game interview with "It was a great win err..."
800 shots of Leinarts dad
800 shots of Bush's parents
800 shots of the USC congregated alumni (peete, munoz, allen, etc)
4 Pac10 commercials
6 USC commercials (2 backtoback in case we missed the "I am your father" Lucas reference the first time)
Keith Jackson and Dan Fouts telling story after story of mothers tending to their crying USC freshmen, what classes Leinart took, Bush's "619" blackouts, etc
And the ABC crew handing out the MVP to USC with 6.42 left to go in the game

compared to:
Zero Big Twelve commercials during the entire 4.5 hr telecast
Two "We're Texas" flyovers of Austin with Cronkite voiceover (cool commercial btw)
Zero fanshots of a single parent of any UT kid past or present
One random shot of our naked bongo drum alumnus McCaughnehy (however its spelled) running on the field with the team
ZERO, none, nada stories about any of the UT players outside of what ESPN has aired about VInce Young - was it like the airbooth completely skipped media day and trashed the PR books?

I felt honest to God it was the best road win for UT. Better than OSU because this one was at the opposing team's home stadium for a national title.

Either our press guys were horribly insifficient in providing good info for ABC et al, or ABC was catering to the larger market here. (I mean come on...during the band playing, our greatest alumni had 2 George Bush family members and some politician from Colorado....HELLO?!?!)

I just expected Keith Jackson to come on during the post game and tell everyone that this was played out on a soundstage in Burbank and that the Lucas produced Will Farrell as Matt Leinart USC third National Championship telecast would begin shortly for everyone that mattered.

Not that I was intense last night or anything:)