PDA

View Full Version : ...

Dharrk
11-25-2001, 02:01 AM
Just curious what u think is better so far...Game Cube or Xbox

Buazag Bonesteel
11-25-2001, 02:43 AM
Will depend on your taste in games I guess. I like the X Box better myself. Monkeyball was pretty fun and Rogue leader definitely looked awesome though. Networked Halo owned however~

Riccee
11-25-2001, 04:48 PM
sk's are fat

Elidroth
11-27-2001, 04:00 PM
Xbox = Halo (ownage)
Gamecube = 93 versions of Pikachu

Interesting.. Xbox is running a kernelized version of Windows XP with an ATA-100 HD. It's nothing but a keyboardless mid-level P3 with high end graphics.

If M$ doesn't release Halo to PC soon, I'm probably going to have to buy an Xbox anyway.

Eomer
11-27-2001, 05:28 PM
While X-box may be what Elidroth described, they can optimize games waaaaaaaaaay more for the Xbox, and squeeze every last percent of performance out of it. And good god, does it work. Halo is fucking incredible, both from a graphics stand point, and also a gameplay standpoint.

I used to hate Bond on the N64 cause I would get my ass whupped so bad cause the controls simply sucked, no matter what you did, but after playing Halo for an hour or two, I don't miss my mouse or keyboard one bit, the Xbox control and Halo's configuration are just that good.

DOA3 is also pretty cool, graphics are incredible. It's been years since I played a fighting game much though, I can barely do any combo's yet. Honestly, I think the last fighting game I played much was the first street fighter for the SNES. The models in it are incredible, right down to moving strands of hair.

Elidroth
11-27-2001, 05:36 PM
Absolutely Eomer.. performance tuning of games for the Xbox is going to be far superior to a multi-platform release because they only have to satisfy one hardware configuration.

I just found it very interesting that for all the time they spent developing it, it seems the time was mostly spent on getting the OS worked out. The hardware involved is basically off-the-shelf components with some slight tweaks.

Halo is just sweet visually, though I haven't played it much more than a couple minutes in the store.

One thing for sure.. the controller they developed is MUCH MUCH nicer than anything else out there.

Buazag Bonesteel
11-28-2001, 12:29 AM
DOA3 has nice movies :D