PDA

View Full Version : Bunch of new issues?

Ookep
11-27-2001, 10:11 PM
Maybe this is part of the server move but a few things that were working are not, and at least one thing that wasn't working now is ;)

Not working:
* When you view a thread and go back to the forum it still shows that thread as unviewed.
* When posting a reply in an established thread it does not show the subject of the thread anywhere.
* When looking at a forum category (not the top level with all forums by section, but the next level down where you are viewing just one section) there are some vertical lines missing in the table.

Working:
I'm once again receiving e-mails about posts in threads that I've posted in. This stopped working several weeks ago.

>O<

Andaas
11-27-2001, 11:14 PM
* When you view a thread and go back to the forum it still shows that thread as unviewed.

I know what you are talking about here.. but I've noticed that if you click through a thread (ie, click in to read it, and then click out of it by a link versus using the back button), that the thread will show as read. However, the forum itself will still show that there are new posts remaining.

There is a hack I'm thinking about installing that will keep track of every thread viewed (and allow you to read through half the forums and come back to continue where you left off several hours later). Not sure if I want to add the load to the server for it though.

* When posting a reply in an established thread it does not show the subject of the thread anywhere.

Not quite sure what you mean here..

* When looking at a forum category (not the top level with all forums by section, but the next level down where you are viewing just one section) there are some vertical lines missing in the table.

I think this is by design. The formatting aligns a bit differently depending on the forum category you are looking at. It depends on if there are 3rd level sub forums under that category. You'll notice that the alignment looks better at the first link below versus the second:

http://www.hossguild.com/forums/forumdisplay.php3?forumid=4
http://www.hossguild.com/forums/forumdisplay.php3?forumid=1

Working:
I'm once again receiving e-mails about posts in threads that I've posted in. This stopped working several weeks ago.

I didn't know that was broken before. :(

To add to the now working list:

* File uploads/attachments
* Polls
* Preview post/reply
* Avatar modification (and uploading custom avatars)

Ookep
11-29-2001, 01:35 AM
I know what you are talking about here.. but I've noticed that if you click through a thread (ie, click in to read it, and then click out of it by a link versus using the back button), that the thread will show as read. However, the forum itself will still show that there are new posts remaining.
That's the way it used to work -- when I went into a thread with new replies (or a new thread), then clicked on the forum link at the top the folder icon to the left of the thread would change to read status. Now it doesn't -- it stays as unread. I'm not using the back button.

(reference to no thread subject)
Not quite sure what you mean here..
My bad. The subject is the last item on the forum navigator, I just wasn't paying attention.

I think this is by design. The formatting aligns a bit differently depending on the forum category you are looking at.
I would have sworn the left column was aligned well at all levels prior to the move and that there was a verticle line between the forum icons and the forum name at the sub-levels as there is in the top level.

Also, the very top left corner of every page in the message boards has a broken graghics icon for "Hoss Discussion Forums".

>O<

PS. Ya the Preview Reply seems to be working now :)