PDA

View Full Version : Cookie problem solved

vegu
11-30-2001, 12:10 PM
For those having problems with the cookies of the boards(like saving your login info)

this should work now

Ookep
12-01-2001, 06:25 PM
This was apparently the problem with it not flagging threads as read... it's working for me again. Thx!

>O<

Ookep
12-01-2001, 06:43 PM
I lied, now if I'm idle for 20 minutes or so and then resume browsing the forums all forums/threads change to read even though I have not read them :(

Andaas
12-02-2001, 01:46 AM
The forums uses a very simplistic system to mark things read. Basically its just a cookie timeout, which I have set to 30 minutes currently.

I'm going to install a hack that does more precise tracking (supposedly it tracks exactly what you have and haven't read, and can be used across multiple login sessions).

If that info is still stored in the main database like the current info, then I'm going to keep it. If its 100% cookied though, I'll probably drop it. Storing the limited data in the database allows you to log on from multiple computers and not have to filter through messages you have probably already read (try going to a UBB forum on 1 computer, then logging into the same forum on a 2nd computer, and you will see that the forum has no clue that you already read all those messages).