View Full Version : »» I Chocolate You™

Kirynos
08-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Elletira & I hit China in early summer, seeing this all over the place:

Kirynos
08-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Then I found out about this website:

http://www.ichocolateyou.com/

Which is pretty cool -- I couldn't find the tv commercials on there, but they were ridiculously Chinese & funny.

So, it brings me to this question..

Has anyone got a LG Chocolate phone? Can you tell me if it's pretty cool or not? Seeing as I have such a close connection to chocolate yet it is my nemesis, I find the name of the phone very appropriate for me. I've never owned an LG, I'm a Motorola man.

Currently, I can get one for 49 bucks or less, with a little help from a friend.

:confuse:

Kirynos
08-12-2006, 07:07 PM
i chocolate you, Elletira!

Kirynos
08-13-2006, 08:20 PM
I will have my chocolate...and enjoy the mp3/phone/camera all in one. If China loves this phone, so will I.

Kirynos
08-15-2006, 08:02 PM
How the hell does it take 3 hours between "picking up" an item and leaving the same building? The fedex guy taking a lunch break, or watching a movie?

And... apparently the night traffic in Memphis is so bad it takes 5 hours to get from Verizon warehouse to the Fedex depot. In the same city!

Syana, please go over there and whip them into shape.
----------------------
Aug 15, 2006 4:04 PM

Departed FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN

2:11 PM

In transit

MEMPHIS, TN

1:18 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN

Aug 14, 2006 8:40 PM

Left origin

MEMPHIS, TN

5:58 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

5:31 PM

Picked up

MEMPHIS, TN

Varran
08-15-2006, 08:21 PM
I believe the last review I saw on it was the Mossberg review and he slammed the phone pretty hard...

Just grabbed a snip of it and it's kinda funny:

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB115456057880425116-81mMUcWWe1no2bIe_O9natTU_6c_20060810.html?mod=blog s

“While the Chocolate may look like an iPod, however, it doesn’t work like one. In fact, as a music player, it functions like an iPod designed by a committee. It’s burdened by a ham-handed user interface and other failings that would get its designers fired at Apple. As a result, the Chocolate, which I’ve been testing for a week or so, isn’t as good a music phone as, say, the Sony Ericsson Walkman phone…In fact, the Chocolate’s multimedia features are really designed mainly to encourage users to buy songs, pictures and videos from Verizon’s online download and streaming services — VCast and Get It Now — not to let you use your own content. The phone works much better with $2 songs you buy from VCast (twice what Apple charges) than with free songs you load onto it…I do believe that, someday, the merger of the cellphone and the music player will result in a great device for consumers. But the Chocolate isn’t it.”

Something to really bear in mind tho is that while Mossberg is respected, he does write for the Wall Street Journal, and lets face it... few of us here are in his papers target demographic. What he finds good or bad may very well be the exact opposite for the rest of us.

Kirynos
08-16-2006, 05:25 AM
Well, I guess I will have to see. After all my troubles with Sony products, I've kinda been jaded on anything they produce. Sadly, I'm forced to buy the Sony DVD+R's because they are the only reliable company that sends Japan-manufactured ones to my area of the country.

That snippet does relieve one fear I had. A local paper article had misinterpreted their interviewee's answer to a question and said there was no way to transfer files from iTunes to the chocolate -- basically meaning you'd have to repurchase the songs through VCast. Regardless of the difficulty of use, it is available.

Only time will tell. Now, off to do some sprint/short distance work.

Kirynos
08-18-2006, 09:51 PM
I've been playing with Chocolate...and she likes me...

Zappo
08-19-2006, 05:15 AM
Has anyone got a LG Chocolate phone? Can you tell me if it's pretty cool or not? Seeing as I have such a close connection to chocolate yet it is my nemesis, I find the name of the phone very appropriate for me. I've never owned an LG, I'm a Motorola man.

the phone really rocks. the buttons work by heat. just drop into a phone place that sells it and ask questions. If my contract was up I'd want one of those bad boys.

Kirynos
08-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Chocolate that doesn't melt in your hand? That's the good stuff -- what I"m made of :)