PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center

Trevlen
08-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Great flick. If you haven't seen it, i highly recommend it. Didn't see a dry eye as i left the theater.. including mine (Shaddup!)

BurnemWizfyre
08-21-2006, 04:07 PM
Generally im all for movies based on dramatic world changing events and such cause not only do they tell a interesting story it tends to teach a lil of history in the process.

With that being said, uh hi this shit only happened a few years ago if anyone at all that wasnt alive when it happened still wouldnt be able to watch this and learn a damn thing. As much as i hate the people that run around saying they are trying to make a buck off this disaster, i cant help but agree with them. There might be some great story to this movie and blah blah blah but personally ill wait till it comes on HBO before i give them a dollar to see the movie.

Kirynos
08-22-2006, 08:33 AM
They messed up the hero of the story.

:confuse:

Talas
08-25-2006, 08:27 PM
I pretty much agree with Burnem. A documentary commentated by Morgan Freeman or something is different, but a Hollywood rendition of a tragic disaster that occurred less than a decade ago seems like a shallow attempt at making money.

On that note, I wonder when the made-for-TV movie will show up.

Zarxen
08-26-2006, 04:15 PM
I've hear much better things about Flight 93, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475276/

Oliver Stone hasn't gotten better with age. He reached his peak between Platoon and JFK.

Berae
08-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Natural Born Killers sucked in my opinion. Yay, lets silence the anti-violence people by showing nothing but violence, that sounds like a plan!

Lonskils
08-27-2006, 01:19 AM
I saw that movie and wanted to go kill someone after it! woot love it!

Trevlen
08-28-2006, 09:19 PM
I've hear much better things about Flight 93, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475276/

Oliver Stone hasn't gotten better with age. He reached his peak between Platoon and JFK.

Saw Flight 93 before WTC..Flight 93 seemed like a very "Made for TV Movie" World Trade Center was much better.